Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Angry Novalogic. The adventure continues....

Originally Posted at DFBarracks.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Sunday - October 17, 2004 2:07PM

Posted by: A.Bullet

According to an interview on Nova-Inside with Joel Tauber from Novalogic - Novalogic management has, in what is arguably the worst decision ever made by a game company, decided to drop Modding support for Joint Operations.

This marks yet another time when Nova has turned thier back on a large part of thier core audience - this is a disturbing trend for them that we really hope stops sometime - hmm maybe whoever made this decision is too busy smoking crack to undertand what the community wants - who knows!

Anyhow.. they claim this is to stop cheating, however MANY other games supported by PunkBuster have mod support and simply allow servers that run mods to run 'unpure' - apparantly this industry standard might be a bit too hard to accomplish for No-logic, perhaps thier programmers cant seem to handle the job or something, but more likely this is financially motivated - it seems odd that games such as SOF2, Unreal, BF1942 can all have mods but somehow a similar system wouldnt work for JO.. this is total and complete BULL on the part of Nova - the only reason to not include mod support is so they can continue to charge $30 a peice for MODS for thier game manufactured in house with no substantial changes to thier game engine.

This marks a new low for NovaLogic and is the single biggest dissapointment they have dished out since they decided to limit servers to 64 players to help support thier partner sites.. Nova management should pull thier heads out.. this will cost them customers..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

theyll continue to pull things like this until they do loose customers, with every NL game people have had problems and said theyll loose customers, but they keep on producing and selling games, why? because people, including those who complain every time NL breathe, buy them because at the heart of it all they like Novas Games.

People dont buy games for thier mods or modding capabilities (Half Life being the exeption that proves the rule)

I maintain that Nova could release the worlds best game, but people will always find something wrong with it and complain about it, ive heard it before "Im never buying a NL game again" "Im moving to BF1942" back in the days of TFD, yet these people bought BHD, TS and JO...
Old 10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
im going to cry
Old 10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will you have to think about it, ok their DF:BHD/TS mod tool they release was not the top of the line, EA.Games (BF:1942) Mod Tool beats it by a mile, there you can make up terrains and do so much more.

it did not work out for them as they like it to.
Use of the MOD tool: DF:BHD/TS it fail
how many mods did you see for DF:BHD not many at all being (Hosted) use as in hosting so they look back on this ID and thinking about it what a waste it was. no one use the mod tool for their big game. not do they wish do to this again with JOTR will it to be a waste not being use at all.

BF:1942 has 3000+ mods made for it and there is 7000 hosted servers for it. there really no race here. main reason EA.Game made a fully working mod tool for it, on top of that you don't need no 3rd party software as in Photo-shop or Paint-shop it come with it own tool for this. unlike Novalogic.Inc made a limited option Mod tool for DF:BHD.

a note: the Mod tool has a 3d view so you can see how you make up hill to mountings top. you can see it full view without going into the game to see these terrains you have made up.

JOTR:
not to talk about the map editor look how late it is now, still in the beta testing phase.

Foot Note: BF: 1942 is mod type game and supported by PunkBuster. Novalogic.inc is backing out real story they can't handle on making up mod tools for the game, and the lag of people using the mod tool for BHD/TS was a let down to them and not many at all or any at all host mod servers.

but on a good note there that DF:BHD/TS mod tool how hard would it be to adapt it to JOTR there has to some changes to it but its really not hard. there has to be some out there how may know how to adapt it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-18-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike
theyll continue to pull things like this until they do loose customers, with every NL game people have had problems and said theyll loose customers, but they keep on producing and selling games, why? because people, including those who complain every time NL breathe, buy them because at the heart of it all they like Novas Games.

People dont buy games for thier mods or modding capabilities (Half Life being the exeption that proves the rule)

I maintain that Nova could release the worlds best game, but people will always find something wrong with it and complain about it, ive heard it before "Im never buying a NL game again" "Im moving to BF1942" back in the days of TFD, yet these people bought BHD, TS and JO...
well said BB

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 10-18-2004, 02:37 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
well novaworld has always gone there own way without any help or any input on there customers. If they would take the time and listen to there customers and look around at all the other games that have been very successful. I mean look at the BF series. That was very popular. Players do not want normal playing the same thing over and over type of game. They want different things. Thats why pc games are so much more popular than consol games. NW just needs to stop what they are doing and look back at the games they have made in the past. NW games shouldn't be like every other FPS out there. Needs something compelling and different. Ask the real dedicated NW gamers. Look at the tournaments out there for all of these different games CPL, Quakecon, WCG. Maybe they need to look and see what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

nl did make the best game.... lw..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-18-2004, 04:06 PM

novalogic commuity has how many people compaired to the top name brand games?
Old 10-18-2004, 04:12 PM

Okay the nova community has how many people compaired to the top name brand games? If you have a small community and lack of support then you wont get a good mod community....simple. If i wanted i could email Dice, vivendi, or any other game dev studio for support with modding and will get great feedback.

And chief i wasnt aware that Ea made the dev tools for BF, i could have swore it was trauma studios, just recently bought by Dice for future development with BF2. They made the Map editor yes but not the tools.

I do agree with you on the mod thing about BF tho, the game is esentualy a mod that you can alter

(the reason i compair nova with BF is because the so called killer has turned more people to battlfield)
Old 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Erik
Unregistered

Does anyone really care? Last time NL made a great game was DF2. To sum it up, NL sucks.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:42 PM

hey Erik try reading the thread, obvioulsy people care if they cost and compain about it
Old 10-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Erik
Unregistered

oh thanks for pointing it out, let me go read it...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:49 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

Sadly this news does not surprise me, it would seem as long as nova get your money they just don't care!

Regards
Old 10-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
it would seem as long as nova get your money they just don't care!
that decribes 99% of the companys in the world

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

NL laugh at everyone because everyone sais they won't buy another product from NL. But everyone does.. cept me. If you really don't like it don't buy it . I saved my self $70 bucks by not buying TS or jops.

"I'm not going to buy another game from NovaLogic!!" turns into this: "I paid 30 more bucks for TS and it sucks as much as BHD, I won't buy another one!". into: "Jops sucks, I won't buy escliation!" Obviously the markiting division of NL is smarter then the average consumer.

And to everyone that has posted a message like this 1,000 times. When the %$&@ are you going to learn? Some people are sooo guliable.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Systemkaos
Okay the nova community has how many people compaired to the top name brand games? If you have a small community and lack of support then you wont get a good mod community....simple. If i wanted i could email Dice, vivendi, or any other game dev studio for support with modding and will get great feedback.

And chief i wasn't aware that Ea made the dev tools for BF, i could have swore it was trauma studios, just recently bought by Dice for future development with BF2. They made the Map editor yes but not the tools.

I do agree with you on the mod thing about BF tho, the game is essentially a mod that you can alter

(the reason i compair nova with BF is because the so called killer has turned more people to battlefield)
what hit me is the JOTR Box Say's on it: Why I may never play Battlefield 1942 again. funny thing this BF: 1942 is a old game if you think about it EA.Game was coming out with (New game) Battlefield: Vietnam when it was being release to the public on sale. think they may had a better chance picking on a fight with it. some way i think they pointed out BF: 1942 was not a good thing it was cheaper to buy and there is so much about it. Novalogic.Inc was going into a new area and they lost. Players Vs game ether JOTR Vs BF: 1942 it was already ahead of the race as the number count goes think they was better off going after BF: Vietnam do to they both were new on the street to buy. you don't what to name another game on your product at all, why it may make people check out and boost their sale and not yours spec if it cheaper then your own product is.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:19 AM

lmao chief you are so right with that, and i never thought of that, they refered to an older game instead of its newer counterpart

i was at bot Ea sites for one reason or another today and the BF player count at that time was 2000 and the vietnam server count was well over 3000

they have to pick a fight with an out dated engine and old game. Woooo lets hear it for nova lol

Battlefield 2 the reason Jo:E will be forgot about i say
Old 10-20-2004, 04:28 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I have to say that Tecoma is right in what he said about 99% of the world's companies after all that's what their there for, to make money.

Panther say that land warrior is one of the best games ever made which is true and none of us has to buy any of their games if we don't want to.

As we all seem to have bought and played Nova games at some time or other they can't be getting it all wrong can they?

For me I will continue to play on BHD and LW simply because I like them with or without any "additions".

Regards
Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 AM
Chief ADFP

me i really wish Novalogic.inc got it right and maybe out do EA.Game, but way it going i don't see it. gee not only that EA.Games has made so many type of games they have a lot of tech's don't know if Novalogic can stand up to that.

i been playing all their games will at lease most of my games are Novalogic.inc but i am starting to lose taste for them.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
EA is a games publisher, not a games developer.
They are a large organisation who takes profits from making games from small devs into international hits.
Rather like Sony who have their own music studios but have far more small studios that work independently under the SonyMusic label.
EA don't have a lot of techs working directly for them at all. They have influence over techs at smaller companies.
Novalogic are trying desperatkey hard to remain independent and all kudos to them for doing so.
I do think if they were parented by a large organisation like EA we would see greater uptake of the game because I would imagine EA would insist the game was developed for large scale server usage and modding.
It must be tough for a little studio like Novalogic to keep its head above water, particularly as there DF series of games are about the only ones that have ever been any good.
Good luck to them. It seems to me they need a better PR team though.