Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

LW and Speakers

Whenever I play LW, it freezes at different times. Sometimes it wont freeze until 20 minutes of playing, sometimes it'll freeze 3 seconds of the game starting. It happens EVERY time I play it. What the hell is going on here?

AND my speakers are picking up radio signals from an AM radio station. You can only hear it faintly, but whenever I play ANY game, the radio sounds blockade the game sounds and the sound goes all wierd and mutated until no sound is heard except for teh radio station. I can usually avoid the spekaers from going down by giving the main one a good beating over the head. Why is this happening? Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Get some headphones.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
do this:
1.) Start>run> type in: chkdsk /F (or) chkdsk /R

then a new windows come up asking you to do the scan next reboot do to the disk is locked. Press Y hit enter. then you restart you computer system OK. Windows 2000/XP family

more like your files are mis-up in some ways. i have a TV-Card and the FM would bleed in to the game i do the scandisk it fix it.

you can get to it all so by "My Computer" open it up and go to you HHD right-click on it and look-up "properties" click-on it see "tools" up top click-on it to get to the scandisk there. if you never use it before you can check off all the 2ea box it will fix these areas too.

defrag your HHD may help it stop freezing up. and any update running in the background and make the game lockup too.

good tip:
before playing it reboot your system, go online wait 20min for any updates that may happen. you can turn off any programs that may be running in the back ground that is not need.

do a scan for ads ware and spy-ware you may have. maybe a good ID if you never did it in a long time.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-22-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Headphones are more of a hassle with my computer tower's position...

I dont have internet. I only ever can go online from school, and just guess how strict they are.

I also forgot to mention that I only have windows 98 or something, but not 2000, well not anymore. Thanks for providing some answers anyway