Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-24-2023, 07:19 AM
Creator is offline Creator

DF2 BIN files modification

I would like to edit the briefings with the BIN editor of my DF2 custom missions but the strings available in the "VARIABLE" section of the BIN editor are the default ones of the campaign so for example "D03M05", "D06M08" etc. and I can't add more to put my custom mission name in the space below. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a way to add more strings so I can change the BIN for my DF2 mission?
Old 06-24-2023, 03:45 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
I would like to edit the briefings with the BIN editor of my DF2 custom missions but the strings available in the "VARIABLE" section of the BIN editor are the default ones of the campaign so for example "D03M05", "D06M08" etc. and I can't add more to put my custom mission name in the space below. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a way to add more strings so I can change the BIN for my DF2 mission?
try using the same format.

example: bigbadwolfy mission would be "D08M01" and all associated files would need to be the same as the shortened version.

now, i know this worked for mp maps as i tinkered with the nova naming convention and was able to set custom A&D maps as "AD_01a", "AD_01b" into the .pff some years ago. i have not tinkered with coop/sp missions, however.

Old 07-12-2023, 11:46 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Working with BIN files can be confusing and tedious, and there's a significant downside that distributing your own df2brief.bin means users will have to overwrite their current one, thus wiping out any other custom entries.

I created a quick-and-dirty side project as a proof of concept to try making this easier. I'm curious if you'll find it helpful and have ideas for improving it.

Check it the instructions here.

Last edited by --BulletMagnet--; 07-12-2023 at 11:59 AM.