Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-02-2002, 10:42 PM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

It happened to me.

Ok now its happend and I want to share. I had someone the other day in my server who was glitching. I called him on it with a warning. Then had to punt because he wanted to argue. Sorry dont remember his screen name. Then someone named Nero Bob was in saying its the software. Then being very rude saying we didnt know what we were doing after this he was kicked as well. When I say Kicked I do mean Ban as thats the best way to deal with it.

Now I have heard some people talking about a progam that will prevent you from being able to punt someone. Nero Bob came in my server in today and said Hey DeD good luck punting me. At first I didnt have a clue what he was talking about. Then of course I remembered. And said I dont punt unless u cheat or are disrespectful. Then hit my home button to see check and instead of the list of names it was just numbers. Was really weird. The first was the player slot number. You know 01,02,03,..... and so on. The second group was like a 4 or 5 didget number. Then the third group of numbers looked somthing like ping they were 2 didget numbers. Now I dont use IP4lW or DF2 Favorites. So it has nothing to do with any other IP program.

How I got out of it was after I hit home key to show the list. While still on the host screen I hit k. Usually when you hit K give u the order of the player. But it gave the number and name. Of course I banned him again.

LoL was great to see him denied access twice b4 giving up.

Anyway let me know if anyone else has experienced this. And if you do maybe my experience will help you guys.

Old 06-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

Howdy....I dont believe that this player did anything to your server. If I understand your explaination correctly, I have had the same thing happen on a few occassions.

If I remember correctly, after you press the home key and if you press the page up or page down it changes to the screen that you saw. I'll check it again tonite while I host. I may have the keys mixed up that actually changes it.....

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/
Old 06-05-2002, 08:03 AM
DeadBoltdf2 is offline DeadBoltdf2

Send a message via ICQ to DeadBoltdf2
That is a normal screen, nothing was done by the player. Those are pings (or some sort of timing information). If I recall correctly the first number is the slot, the second is the time since the last client message, and the third is the time since the last server sent message. You should see the last two numbers change a bit but they should all be basically the same.