Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
jtmoney is offline jtmoney

Extreme lag

I have delta force black hawk down and i play it at home just fine even with a dial up connection. Ever since i came to school my ping is up to 4000 and i have broadband here. A firend gave me Star wars republic commando for me to see if it would lag. Well my ping was 45 and i never had a problem. Same goes with AOE3 i dont have a problem. I was hopeing somone had a solution for this problem. I have a HP pavilion AMD Tiropm 2.0Ghz Ati radeon xprsss 200m igp with a 128mb DDR. Oh and i tried up dateing all my drivers and turning off my firewall and opening the df ports.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Have you tried playing in other servers?

Find a server closest to your location.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Extreme lag

Yea ive tried all kinds of servers. When I use my df pinger it shows a bad connection to all servers. One day I did get it to work for about 30 minutes with a ping of 40 but it boosted up to 9000 after that. Do you think it has somthing to do with my ISP? I didnt think it was because my other games work it's just this one that is giving me problems. I read that if your ISP is useing page cache that it could cause the game to do that also.Do you think that could be the problem?. Thanks for your help I really do appreaciate it.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will it counts files downloads or updates for windows or software can do it, as you playing the game would make it lag like crazy too.

4000 is really high? is it high like this all the time?

maybe something is getting download like a update or some one is downloading a file like a movie clip or e-mail off the internet as you are in the game.

the game should be the only thing running no other item should be on like a browser or download manager of some type.

hey DSL is sweet but still is limited on bandwith when it come to playing online with other and downloading thing at the same time never work out good for game play.

at home do you have more then one computer connected to the system DSL to go online with? if so the other computer maybe doing thing and making the bandwith tighter (ping) super high when they connect online (internet). have one computer on the other turn off or not online see how it workout then.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-23-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM

Extreme lag

The game works fine on single player. I turned off all background programs. My ping is 4000 all the time when i play blackhawk down. When i play republic commando my ping is 40. I could download updates and play and my ping will go up to 60 thats it. Its only when i play blackhawk down for some reason. When i try to play it i make sure i turn all other programs and updates off. I dont know what else to do. i could e-mail you a screenshot of my task manager and stuff if that helps.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Extreme lag

I have noticed that my teamspeak will not connect to any server. I have tried several and it will not connect. Sometimes it acts like it is going to, i can see the channel heading and then the connection times out. Do you think that whatever is affecting my game is also affecting teamspeak. i just dont understand how everthing works but teamspeak and blackhawk down. There are no other computer in this location to suck up all my connection speed. Thanks for your reply also.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I would seriously uninstall DFBHD, delete the folder, everything and do a clean reinstall, and clean update. And then the same for TeamSpeak.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM

Extreme lag

i just tried to installed the game again and I am getting the same problems. I got the update off your site and now it is takeing a while before it even joins a game and then when it joins the lag is up like 10k. i was reading the pinger and it said if you have any packetloss then it will come up red. I also noticed that i had a lot of packet loss in my TS before I got rid of it. I am not sure what packetloss is. Do you think that is the problem if so do you know how to fix it. Thanks again
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Packetloss means basic data send to their server and data sent back to your computer is there any data lost in the transfer you be lagging.

your computer>>>>>hops>>>>hops>>>hops>>>>game server

and so on back to your computer

Hops basic are ISP host relays counts how many hops there is from and to if there a hops that is bad it can make data lost if too many hops can do the same thing.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Extreme lag

Wow you all are awsome. You respond in no time at all. Do you know if there is anyway to fix packetloss? My ping skips around so much in the game its like its recveing then loseing it.I think that is my problem. I was reading this article and this guy seems to have the same problem as me only not a severe http://forums.speedguide.net/archive.../t-31604.html. I tried a tweaker test at dslreports.com and it says the same thing that teamspeak was saying "Read time out"
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Well, none of the Novalogic games run like Republic Commando to begin with. They handle their network transfer differently. Playing it online or at work, well you have to know how the routers are setup to distribute data.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Extreme lag

Hey want to thank everyone for their help. I talked to my isp and they said there is nothing that they can do its how the computer reacts to the game. Well I talked to there boss today and I had him open a few ports for me and everything runs smooth. i have been talking to these people on the internet for months now and that is all they had to do. i am kind of pissed. Thanks again for your help.