Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Jason is offline Jason

I will only use FF on my pc but as for my mac safari for sure, i don't get virus's so what do you guys know about that!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I don't get any viruses / spyware either, and I use IE7

I read that about Safari on windows this morning to Steve, was a top article on Digg.com, very funny ...

ps.
http://www.firefoxmyths.com

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Myth - "Firefox is not a Religion"

hahah
Old 06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
only bug i have is IE7 Live toolbar don't like to stay up on the browser windows most of the time i have to set it to show on the browser windows.

still think apple is trying to please the world that is nice like all new things there going tobe bug to work out, and no then is 100% security to it, bad boy will find thing to hack it up and do things to the system.

seem some like it and some hate it
link: http://www.digg.com/software/Day_One..._Day_Nightmare

i find it a bet funny
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-13-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

So, it's ok for MS to steal GUI for other companies, Windows Vista point and case, and not for others to compete in browser world?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will you have to understand you can paint a open landscape, a year later a person paints a landscape that look close like your's! but they are not the same thing.

like all software if there are any bugs in it, they have to work them out. it the normal way of life.

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
So, it's ok for MS to steal GUI for other companies, Windows Vista point and case, and not for others to compete in browser world?
you know if there was any truth to that i think apple be sueing them real fast and not taken a back seat to it, could be apple was paid after the fact out of court.

you have to remember something DD apple and MS were coworkers then they split up and started out on their own.

personel i love to see Apple and Microsft work together to making their software together. they can cover each other a lot better. its a bigger world now days then it was in the pass

there so many cool things as will bad things too.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-13-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
Yes .. well no I actually don't think that. I don't think is any company that hasn’t stolen ideas from another company. Apples no angel here either.

The only reason I don't like Apple is because of the 'Apple Cult' followers that worship Jobs likes he’s some king of god. Windows has been doing what Apple has wanted to do for a long time.. Watch one of Job's keynotes or speeches, all he does is bash Microsoft and Vista. The simplest features that have been in Windows or Linux for years get the biggest "ooooooo ahhhhhh" in the world because they get a pretty new "MacOS" GUI. The misleading marketing on the "PC vs Mac" commercials make me dislike Apple even more.. What can a Mac do that I can't do on a PC? Absolutely nothing. In one of the commercials they put Vista on the spotlight and said it was to complicated because people would have to "Perform surgery" (upgrade) there PC's with a new graphics card and memory.. What do they do with a Mac? Wait, you can't upgrade a Mac, you throw it away.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
lol, those pc vs mac commercials are wanting me to get one... not that I'm going to take the plunge and spend 2 grand on a laptop....

but If I can find a decent one used for around $100-200 I'll get it. Mainly to check it out and to add it to my experience list (played with linux and windows, never done any thing with mac).

Personally, if I ever were to leave windows, it would be for linux not mac. I'm trying out a Linux distro called linux-xp (http://www.linux-xp.com) - it can run over 1000 windows games right out of the box (including Black hawk down). Plus hundred's more applications in the various categories And they have tweaked it so that the configuring of it is allot like windows.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
We got those Mac versus Microsoft ads here too lol. Personally, I wouldn't choose Macs, because I grew up with Windows (). And not only that, it's also because Apple is the underdog here (at the same time, I'm not saying that underdog companies are gay lol).

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black