Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Some kind of WAC Builder

This is something I've been working on for fun in my spare time:

So, you're pondering right now, wouldn't writing a WAC file on notepad just be easier? Well STOP! ... Maybe...

But fear not, as I plan on updating this post in the future and improving the program greatly. As you can see now, it's ugly and buggy as heck, but this will change in the future.

I plan to actually make the program actually worth your while (and better than conventional notepad) with these features:

- Better WAC File management - see what WAC files are in your game folders

- Never worry about WAC formatting again or looking WAC programming language up - the program will do that for you

- Open up, edit, and save ANY WAC file, including ones not made in this program. No special formatting required.

- Add titles to your WAC statements

- Multiple game support (except probably JO, but it will probably be 'unofficially' supported because I'm guessing that it's similar to DFX map building-wise)

- An efficient, familiar interface based on the Novalogic MED.

- Manage WAC code lines - Add, delete, copy, paste, and move lines of code around without worrying about erroring your map out.

- Play samples of wave files from the game you're working with

- I'll work in wavelists somehow when selecting a wave to play in game

- Colored info and console text made easy.

- Usable variables constants within the program - for example, if you wanted to use an SSN multiple times, or a mission variable value multiple times

- Much more

Basically, this is not only for people who find the concept of WAC script either boring or too annoying to learn, but also for people that know how to make WAC files but want it done faster and easier. The ultimate goal is to make a program that someone with some MED experience, but no experience making a WAC file can use.

This will be updated in the future when I have the program in a semi-decent state. Right now, It's somewhat functional, but needs a lot of work.

Comments? Suggestions? Feature requests?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Nice man. Programs like this really help people! Keep us updated!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Oh my Bob, Dashie! If you want someone to test that mother out, I am officially applying for the job right now!

For instance, I can tell you this much already:

wave("Rnga101a.wav",200)

The wave action plays .wavs out of the player's mouth. As written above, if you were in 3rd-person view (F4), you'd hear the Ranger's voice and see the player's mouth move.

Also in that action, 200 is NOT audible distance, as everyone imagines, that number is either 0 (false) or not 0 (true). If that number is 0, the .wav still plays silently; you still see the player's mouth move, you just don't hear the .wav playing. But if that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you hear the .wav.

If you're in F4 view and Numpad 9 all the way out to 512m and that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you still hear the .wav.

I'm just saying that I know some stuff, I could be helpful, and I offer my time to you for this freely.

Off topic-ish, have you ever thought to attempt making an .ain file creator for DFBHD? That would revolutionize SP mapping to no measurable extent, I think.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sounds great to have! even fool like me who really never try anything to do with wac files or more less make one

wish you the best on it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Wow!
Does that run alongside the editor and list the currently open map events?

This is all I can manage...

Old 11-10-2012, 08:52 AM

Here is a working DFX2 WAC script that gives a distant flash and rumble then the thunder hits 4 or so seconds later. The low RGB count is to keep the overall light effect subtle and it seems to have a more realistic effect.

//
if elapse(10) and random(30) then
lightning(25,25,35)
farflash()
endif
if chain(4) and waveready() then
wave("thdrdst4.wav")
endif
//

Last edited by Guest001; 11-10-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Oh my Bob, Dashie! If you want someone to test that mother out, I am officially applying for the job right now!

For instance, I can tell you this much already:

wave("Rnga101a.wav",200)

The wave action plays .wavs out of the player's mouth. As written above, if you were in 3rd-person view (F4), you'd hear the Ranger's voice and see the player's mouth move.

Also in that action, 200 is NOT audible distance, as everyone imagines, that number is either 0 (false) or not 0 (true). If that number is 0, the .wav still plays silently; you still see the player's mouth move, you just don't hear the .wav playing. But if that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you hear the .wav.

If you're in F4 view and Numpad 9 all the way out to 512m and that number is 1, 2, 42, 200, 666, or 1000009, then you still hear the .wav.

I'm just saying that I know some stuff, I could be helpful, and I offer my time to you for this freely.

Off topic-ish, have you ever thought to attempt making an .ain file creator for DFBHD? That would revolutionize SP mapping to no measurable extent, I think.
That would be tons of help. Also, I didn't know that about the wave function. So, distance would technically be irrelevant for wave("x",y), and using 1 as a value would have the same effect as 10000? Awesome - I'll update to reflect that.

I also have all of the wave options (from mouth, radio, etc.). Thanks Baldo!

Also, about the .ain creator - would love to give that a try. I was also pretty annoyed with Nova's AI advantage that couldn't be emulated in user-created maps (without waypoints, they pretty much just dumbly run into walls). Sounds like a good suggestion. If I figure out how to make them, I can add an ain creator to this program, or maybe make one separately.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Wow!
Does that run alongside the editor and list the currently open map events?

This is all I can manage...

You mean like having the editor check the mis file and say what events someone has added on there? Sounds like a good idea. I can just get that info from the .mis file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Here is a working DFX2 WAC script that gives a distant flash and rumble then the thunder hits 4 or so seconds later. The low RGB count is to keep the overall light effect subtle and it seems to have a more realistic effect.

//
if past(3) and elapse(27) and random(30) then
lightning(25,25,35)
farflash()
endif
wave("thdrdst4.wav")
endif
//
Nice, thanks! You just reminded me I also forgot to add lightning color and farflash as selectable events. I was also planning on maybe having wac code snippet files, so you could share code snippets like that and import them into the program.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
sounds great to have! even fool like me who really never try anything to do with wac files or more less make one

wish you the best on it
Thanks Hellfighter! Hopefully this makes it easy for people who find the concept of writing a WAC file boring, but want the functionality that they bring to maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Nice man. Programs like this really help people! Keep us updated!
Thanks! I'll post an update when I have it more complete.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
You mean like having the editor check the mis file and say what events someone has added on there? Sounds like a good idea. I can just get that info from the .mis file.

Nice, thanks! You just reminded me I also forgot to add lightning color and farflash as selectable events. I was also planning on maybe having wac code snippet files, so you could share code snippets like that and import them into the program.
Take out the past(3) bit it's wrong, it will make it fire only once, sorry

use this or variants of but leave the chain(4) setting it's about right

if elapse(10) and random(30) then
lightning(25,25,35)
farflash()
endif
wave("thdrdst4.wav")
endif
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 AM

//Player runs out of breathe in 2 seconds under cold water
if never() then
breathtime=2//default=30 seconds
endif
//Player loses 6 hit points a second in cold water
if ssnarea3d(player,1) then
ssnaddhp(10000,-15)//default=150
endif
//
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Looks very cool! Is it C# or VB.NET?

I've been programming in C# for about 4-5 years now, so if you want a tester or even someone to help out, I'd love to take a look at the source code.

Another feature I'd suggest: When you create a new .WAC wav() function, use an OpenFileDialog and allow the user to select the wav file, then fill in the other parameters automatically.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Looks good, will you upload it soon?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM

At present I use a database for quick referencing.

The top table is the file in edit, the bottom table gives references to script bits