Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Great Caesar's Ghost!

Great Caesar's Ghost! Gallup finds 1 in 3 Americans Believe Houses Can Be Haunted

By E&P Staff

Published: July 12, 2005 1:15 PM ET

NEW YORK Gallup reports today that its latest poll found that one in three Americans “believe in ghosts.” The numbers: 32% of all adults say they believe that “ghosts/spirits of dead people can come back,” while 48% do not, and 19% are unsure.

An even larger number of Americans believe that houses can be haunted, with 37% holding that position, 46% saying no, and 16% not sure.

There's an ideological twist, with 42% of liberals saying they believe in ghosts--but only 25% of conservatives and 35% of moderates saying this.

Belief in ghosts declines with age, with 45 of those 18 to 29 sticking to that, while only 22% of those 65 and over holding that view.

The poll was based on interviews with 1,002 adults, with a plus or minus 3% sampling error.
E&P Staff (letters@editorandpublisher.com)
www.editorandpublisher.com

-------------------------------------------
I was once in the hospital on heavy drugs. I had a talk Jefferson Davis, General Robert. E. Lee, Abraham Lincoln and General Ulysses S. Grant as God as the Moderater. I will remember it for the rest of my life.

-Trojan

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I think you would find that a similar survey here in the U.K. would bring the same results Troj. One of the most popular television shows here is called Most Haunted and there are more than 7 million regular viewers.

Of course with over a 1000 years of history in these islands we have more than a few castles and manor houses that date back hundreds of years and are said to be haunted.

Wher I live we have Dudley castle which it is said to have quite a few ghosts and many a local person claims to have had a ghostly encounter there!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 07-13-2005, 09:15 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ghosts .... pfft...

I don't think any real ghosts of dead people.

If I was dead I wouldn't want to come and haunt my house.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Ghosts .... pfft...

I don't think any real ghosts of dead people.

If I was dead I wouldn't want to come and haunt my house.
These is an old saying that goes, "there are more things twixt heaven and earth than man should care to know about"

I think unitl a person experiences phenomena of a supernatural kind it is probably wise to keep an open mind.

Warm Regards
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM
"ath-hole"

I don't deny that there are "spirits" but I don't think they haunt houses like in scary movies.

Then again I have not seen/heard any of that stuff first hand.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Re: Great Caesar's Ghost!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
I was once in the hospital on heavy drugs. I will remember it for the rest of my life.

-Trojan [/B]

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:09 AM
"ath-hole"

Never been on heavy drugs...

Wonder what morphine feels like.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
.janissary is offline .janissary

once your on it, you dont want off, thats why i like going to the dentist now, turn up the funny gas doc i can still fell my fingers
Old 07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Quote:
Originally posted by .janissary
once your on it, you dont want off, thats why i like going to the dentist now, turn up the funny gas doc i can still fell my fingers
LMAO..laughing gas style! I can't take the gas..it makes me sick...the last time I had gas at the denist, I ended up puking in the bathroom... I have had morphine ..it's awesome! I broke both bones in my left forearm and they gave me a shot of Morphine..wow..I was at DisneyLand..Hey look!! It's Mickey and Pluto!
M..O..U..S..E
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

wow i love bein under anastesia.. if that is how u spell it.. wow that stuff is like double quarter pounders with cheeze super sized burgers to fat people! god it is awsome... the first time i was scared but the second time i was like.... do you want this IV stuff or the gass stuff i was like GAZXZZZZ! (acutally yelled at the dude)
Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
LMAO @ Living! I was searching the forums for a post and saw this. Totally forgot about it. Funny Living, or hungry people like me. heh

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••