Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Australia sent troops into Vietnam.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

I sent $6.95 for some of those X-Ray sunglasses..heh..I can't wait!
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I don't think my shades are strong enough.

Old 07-14-2005, 08:06 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

no BS just facts. only the US and her closest allies stood up to SH finger waving. using a long list of reasons. But what the reason was they liked making a bunch cash selling him items he was'nt suppose to have and alot of countrys, france to name one, are still snivling about it. Only the people of Iraq suffered from the a santions a gutless and corupt UN imposed on them.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 PM
.janissary is offline .janissary

now your changing it from no one to just our "most close allies" dude c'mon everyone is our ally exept for terrorist or muslim states and im not even saying that we dont like them because there muslim, we try to get along but they hate us. and all of our allies has helped us in some way, infact i believe to be allies you have to do something good for the other country in the firstplace with my first comment i said everything that contradicted you in a sarcastic way. Germany, Italy, France, Canada, Aussie Land, And UK Have Helped Us So Much. When The Stock Market Crashed In The 1940's Who Was There. UK, And Others. Otherwise The Communists Would Of Come Over And Got Rid Of Us For Sure. Don't Post Stuff You Have No Idea About. Please Close This Garbage.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I agree, the UN is suspicious. Russia and China are pulling our punk card and the UN is not saying a word.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Its not up to the UN do say anything, simplisically speaking the UN is a way of facilitating discussio between sovereign nations, until the general assembly meets and adopts a resolution or something, it would be inappropriate for the UN to comment, since its memebers havent talked about it yet..

That would be like the Presiding Officers of the Houses of Congress comming out and saying something official without it having even been mentioned on the floor..
Old 07-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

We may very well just have to take our losses and get on with American Democracy.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:22 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:33 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

You want a list of countrys who turned their backs on us. fine.Will stast the list with our good buddys to the north, Canada. Then we have our invaders from the south, Mexico. Then their is the country that the US a few years ago re-unifide and had a wall smashed down, a country the US has pouren billions upon billions of dollars into, a country we gave back to it's people making them free to burn the US flag in their streets, sell our enemys night vision, and oppose us at every turn in the UN, Germany. Next we have a country that has thousands of US Service Men buried on her soil who gave their lifes saving it not once but twice in two world wars. A country the US saved from bankrupcy and also rebuilt their railroad system who also sided with Germany, China, and the USSR on the UN floor. A country that had so many deals going on with Iraq will never know how many. Why we even call this country an allie I'll never know, and that would be france. The only true friends the US has can be counted on one hand. I'm not alone in the way I read these countrys. It's the way most of the US feels. Except john kerry, but he's not president is he? But there a good chance he's french
Old 07-15-2005, 05:29 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

I do wonder why the United States tolerates the U.N. sometimes as this wayard and seemimgly powerless and pointless body seems hell bent on antagonising the very country the U.S., that was most determined to set it up?

The idea and conception of the United Nations was truly wonderful but like it's predessesor the League of Nations it has singularly failed to deliver on it's promise and has often been used as a platform by those who hate not just the U.S. but the entire Western world as a place to attack the West.

Ironically the American taxpayer has been the biggst contributor to this institution and has benifited the least form it's exsistence, perhaps it's way beyond time that the United Nations was reformed root and branch when it tolerates the membership of a nation such as Zimbabwe who's despotic leader is even now destroying his own nation because of his greed and corruption.

Zimbabwe is just one of many examples of countrys that critisize the U.S. and it's overseas policy whilst behaving in what can only be described as the most undemocratic way!

Regards
Old 07-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

the US is in between a rock and a hard place, even if it wanted to (which i dont think it really does) leave the UN it cant, simply because it would make, particularly the other 4 standing members of the security council (UK, France, China and Russia), to powerful for the United States liking, by having significant membership in the UN, it can bit of a check on the world.

Take the EU for example, the US hates the EU, its become an economy and market force to rival the United States, something not seen proeviously, oil-producing countries are starting to trade in the Euro instead of the US Dollar which undermines the whole US economy, and if its kept up, send the US De Facto bankrupt. Because of its membership to the UN, although it couldnt stop it, it was able to influence the countres and to a degree, shape the EU. But in the future the US is going to have to compete globally with the EU.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:56 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
I must say that I like the idea of Land Down Under as Australia's national anthem!!!!

Warm Regards
Agreed!!

My photography website