Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-05-2002, 10:01 PM
stupid idiot is offline stupid idiot

RollEyes THE MM1

WHATS UP WITH SERVERS BANNING THE MM1 FROM THEIR GAMES?
EVERYONE HATES IT NOW OR SOMETHIN? CAUSE YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING WITH THE OICW,WELL ALMOST
Old 03-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Neo_TAW is offline Neo_TAW

Send a message via ICQ to Neo_TAW
All TAW Servers have all weapons
Names:
taw.hopto.org
TAW COOP
TAW Recruiting
TAW Maps
Any of these will have all weapons and im sure any1 will be welcome if their not a Dumb***
Maps Admin
Map Maker
http://www.theartofwarfare.net/tawmaps
Old 03-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i think its just the most common most disliked weapon.

it does contribute to lag which a lot of people complain about. a smooth run server is a happy one.

also when its banned from servers no-one ever enters and says "why no mm1" like if any other guns are banned, but lots of ppl say "naders p1$$ me off" then leave the server. any good host will then remove the mm1 cause they will get a full server more often.

its a great gun to use, lol maybe too great for some and thats part of why ppl dont like it aswell

looks like ur just gonna have to stick with the OICW m8
Old 03-11-2002, 06:54 PM
FirestormAUS is offline FirestormAUS

Send a message via ICQ to FirestormAUS
SAWs cause just as much lag and pi$$ people off just as much - well they pi$$ me off - LOL - but then i'm lumbered with a 56k dialup
Old 03-14-2002, 05:13 PM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

I have to disagree. I actually like the M249. Thats my favorite weapon. I have gotten pretty accurate with it. I can select it to single shot and still hit a moving target from about 200 yards. But what do I know. I do understand why people hate the SAW though there are people that just hold down the trigger the whole time. That sucks. But I think it only causes real bad lag in DF2 not so bad in DFLW. The MM1 on the other hand lags LW bad. I host for M@A and if there are any maps that have the automatic nade launchers in them I simply delete the maps. They cause much lag to. But I also understand ur complaint also if u enjoy that weapon. So if the OICW is the same to u then by all means stick to it. Or just find another server M8.

Old 03-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Neo is offline Neo

the nade cannon thing is totally different
the mm-1 doesnt lag at all almost
it is nothing like autonading
i think ur getting mixed up with the nade cannon thingy like the .50
that thing lags like hell
the mm-1 doesnt as bad
Old 03-14-2002, 05:48 PM

whoops i used the wrong user name
Maps Admin
Map Maker
Old 03-15-2002, 05:51 PM

No I know the difference between the two weapons. I know the auto nade launcher causes the most lag. But sorry when I host I eleminate the mm1. I also eliminate the satchels. I just do it. I actually like using the satchels but I dont like the explosion and the lag it causes. I do use the clays thought. And u can use hand grenades or the OICW like was mentioned earlier.

Old 03-25-2002, 07:00 AM
EL_Bastardo UFP is offline EL_Bastardo UFP

my opinion is... the mm1 is a really looser weapon... i've see the problem often online... if someone don't hit with bullets they'll put a mm1... a lot of a&d maps are terrible when many players use that weapon... and some maps can't be attacked when there all defenders use mm1... that's the point how we banned this weapon from our host... and we put the friendly kills on... so it is very difficult to use weapons like nades when team mates are around you... but the effect of this two rules are... it's a greater challenge and u have first to look... friend or enemy... and it brings more strategic in the game... so and when u need nades u can use oicw or the steyr... and the most with nadelauncher shoot somewhere like wicked chicken... sorry... but is this a prof??? i don't think so... sure there are peoples they know how to use this mm1... but the most are just lucky naders... mm1 is not a weapon its more a toy... also fight like a warrior... and not like a boomboomboom lucky shooter...

Visit http://www.ufp-base.de

sorry but the whole homepage is in german now... hehe
Old 03-25-2002, 02:01 PM

do you realize in a match with a squad one guy with a mm-1 its very useful?
places were u know people are but u cant get em just grab ur mm-1 guy
i do vote against every1 in a server with it
but it does take skill if your actually aiming it
Maps Admin
Map Maker
Old 03-25-2002, 06:18 PM
BLADE =GH= is offline BLADE =GH=

Send a message via ICQ to BLADE =GH=
Sorry EL i disagree a SAW is a losers weapon in my opinion. Just spray and pray throu concrete walls and wooden builds, see the black dot and keep spraying till its gone! humm that is skill? i dont think so.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:43 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

My opinion is the saw and mm1 if used by a skilled person can be very deadly. I personally do not like being in a CQB map with a bunch of MM1's. Specially if it's a tunnel map.. I very much hate it when the whole team just nades the other teams etrance. Alot of people don't like the saw either. It's not spray and pray (Some exceptions apply). If someone thinks its not skill then I say guns with scopes are skillless. I'll be in a server with a hill glitchin sniper.. knock him off the hill a few times till he sais "MAG FAG! GET A REAL GUN!".. while he is sitting behind the hill shooting his weapon, hiding the whole game and im running around in the open with no scope and he sais im skillless. Anyone that can shoot a mag 500+ meters consistant HAS SKILL. it is not just spray and pray...

That is my opinion. It is not ment to start a war.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-25-2002, 09:12 PM
.KürùÞt. is offline .KürùÞt.

Send a message via ICQ to .KürùÞt. Send a message via AIM to .KürùÞt.
things that are useful in tkoth.....medics......my last macth we got like 5 medics laying in the zone....lol

DFG SOTW Winner Week 8
DF Chicks SOTW Winner Week 4; 15
DF Center SOTW Week 6;12
DF System SOTW Week 1
DF1 Maps SOTW Week 1
Combat Wars SOTW Week 4
Raging Wars SOTW Week 2
Death Row Militia Leader
Evolution 3 Co Owner
DF1 Maps Mod
Old 03-25-2002, 09:14 PM
.KürùÞt. is offline .KürùÞt.

Send a message via ICQ to .KürùÞt. Send a message via AIM to .KürùÞt.
panther...we have something in commen

DFG SOTW Winner Week 8
DF Chicks SOTW Winner Week 4; 15
DF Center SOTW Week 6;12
DF System SOTW Week 1
DF1 Maps SOTW Week 1
Combat Wars SOTW Week 4
Raging Wars SOTW Week 2
Death Row Militia Leader
Evolution 3 Co Owner
DF1 Maps Mod
Old 03-25-2002, 09:40 PM

i use a SAW for CQB
the only time i spray and pray is when theres a sniper
I spray teh bullets
and pray one of them hits the sniper 300+ Meters out
I swear thats the only time i S&P
Maps Admin
Map Maker
Old 03-25-2002, 09:41 PM

And thats only because im too lazy to walk that far
kinda like in WWII Online when i get in front of the truck and make thenm stop and let me get in
That way you dont have to do all that walking
Unless im flying and dogfighting
I aint that good tho
Maps Admin
Map Maker
Old 03-26-2002, 01:18 AM

Im the SAW man too. I dont spray and pray if that was the case Im sure I'd miss quite a bit of the 56kers that I play agains. LOL I swear I was playing yesterday and had to hid way in front of them to get the kill. No other weapon does it for me. Give my My SAW and im happy.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:22 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
What I find wierd is that as Panther says all weapons require their own skills to be truly effective.
Someone who really knows the MM1 is going to annoy anyone in any map.
If I am being tortured by a skilled MM1 player I make it my business to learn his patterns and whup him. In a decent sized map the MM1 is near as dammit usless in the hands of a n00b, an inexperienced grenadier or me. The reload is not fast enough and all you need do is make sure your distance changes rather than using strafe.
I don't understand anyone who complains about the use of various weapons in servers. I have played once or twice when a sniper comes in and says, 'great SAWs' and leaves. I understand that an all sniper match is a game in itself but to my mind the name of the game is always to overcome and defeat.
There is one exception to my own beliefs and that is when I go to a tunnel map where there are nothing but MM1 users. I see no way of effectivley combating a long tube full of explosives and so the game gets dull for me. I don't moan I just leave.

There is no such thing as a losers weapon. Anyone who has played Panther with his one shot MAG technique will soon stop arguing about spray and pray. I can do that as well but not as good as P and there is nothing more satisfying than popping a sniper at 500M with just one click of your FN MAG chamber.
Usually to the cries of 'CHEAT' rotflmao.

I can't snipe too well so I am full of admiration for those that can. I expect a bit of respect back from top snipers when I gun them too, because I have only seen a few top snipers that really know how the game changes when you have a decent support weapon in your hands.

All hail to the grenadiers I say. If you can beat me with an MM1 then you have something to offer DFLW that I can't.

Thats what I think anyway...

Old 03-26-2002, 10:37 AM
EL_Bastardo UFP is offline EL_Bastardo UFP

sure there are a lot of opinions... and what i say happens only by attack and defend matches... my kills... my deaths are not important in this game type!!! the only thing who count is the score... and the only way to become a high score in attack and defend is to blow up targets... and the most important thing is to win a map (take down all targets)... so i'm an heavy attacker and it's not funny when you put a satchel in base and someone is all the time nading... then my satchel is useless when he hit this... at the most time they hit the satchel and me... sure you can do that without a mm1... but i think everybody or the most A&D player hate a totally nading session... and if u need nades to kill some peoples in fortified towers then you've a chance to do that with an oicw or steyr... the next is... we made the rules for our own host for better games on it... and i'm sure the most who play on our host are happy with this rules...

VISIT
United Federation of Players

Visit http://www.ufp-base.de

sorry but the whole homepage is in german now... hehe