Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-06-2003, 01:43 AM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
Maps Needed

Attention map makers!

DFS needs you! Here is what I am looking for in this set of 8 maps. They must support TDM and TKOTH. You can submit one or as many as you would like to be considered. Once sent in they are DFSEALS.NET property and not for distribution to other servers. I will disclose the reasons if your maps are accepted. No branding of the maps (putting your name in the map with objects)I will make sure the maps are given the proper credit where it is due.

Performance wise;
must be playable with the minimum requirements for BHD.
Video LAG FREE! This is a must. NO GLITCHES! So keep this in mind when using planks and ladders please. NO GATORS ALLOWED! Test them completely before posting them in the forum on http://dfseals.net .

Game play;
Must be based on real life settings. We all enjoy some of the kooky stuff we see on maps but I am wanting realism in this set of 8 maps. Watch some of your favorite war movies for some scenes and then duplicate them the best you can with what you have in BHD. Use logical thinking will help. For example, taking an airfield to stop a C130 from taking off with suspected drug lords. Now if that is in the jungle chances are slim there will be real nice buildings and concrete towers. ALso lil bird inserts on top of the Olympic Building would be great (hint,hint)

Tunnel maps will be accepted only if they can meet the above criteria. NO PSP's in the tunnels.

No maze maps please. Havent seen anything in real life like that yet []

Try to accomodate the medic/cqb and sniper but the maps should NOT BE BIGGER THAN 400 meters by 400 meters. I want the action and fun at the highest level while still giving the chance to hide and stay alive.

Have respawn points set so that there is a clear no crossing line for the opposing team and for player to cross before he can be killed. Reason is I want to lessen the raping that is taking place. So you need to have the respawns spaced out so there is no one spot. Alternating them will help achieve this goal.

Descriptive comments;
Also provide comments depicting what the mission of your map is. Taking out enemy resistance held up in a bombed out building in bagdad ect. ect....

I will be very picky so please do not take it bad if your maps are not slected for this series. If they are good we will still use them just not for this particular project to be announced at a later date after I have 8 maps that meet my mission standards.

Clock is ticking gentlemen (and ladies) I would like to have some for review and testing by this Friday the 8th of August. Be apart of DF history and get your map/s in today!

HOOYAH!