Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

White walls where tunnel pieces connet.

I am trying to figure out why I end up with White walls where tunnel pieces connect. Unlike Land Warrior, this MED does not have the option to select a Blink Group number, and designate the rooms as a Parent Blink Group. So HOW do I lose the white walls?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
ok they are not white walls. this is a simple tunnel bug.

this is caused by the tunnel pieces not being perfectly lined up. here's how to keep it from happening.

put your MED in "absolute mode" and place your first section. then use the numeric move to copy the section. NOTE: DO NOT USE COPY AND PASTE BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO MOVE THE SECTION BY THE MOUSE.

Only move a section by holding down Ctrl+arrow keys. you'll note that when you move them like this they stay PERFICTLY lined up with their doors and so on. so in any case DO NOT USE THE MOUSE TO MOVE THE TUNNEL SECTIONS. believe me it WILL screw you up.

now if you need a different tunnel section just copy one you already have using the numeric move (right click when the object is selected. you can't miss it.). after you copy select the copy section and hit enter to bring up it's item settings. then at the top you'll see a long bar with the objects name on it. click that and select the tunnel section you need. then use Ctrl+ arrow keys to move it into place.

getting the tunnels off by even one small movement will cause the problem you are having so that's why I'm having you use the numeric move to copy because when you copy and past you have to reposition the new copy to a random place with the mouse and that totally throws the whole thing off balance....... believe me!!!!! lol.

Good luck and remember to keep the MED in absolute mode so that all of the sections are all at the same height.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Also if your tunnel pieces are uneven right click them all and snap them to the water - since the water is always on a straight line in DF it'll work. Then you can manually move them in 1m increments or whatever from there.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
cool idea chris........

then all you would have to do is select all of the sections and view them in the 3D wirefram, press number pad 1 so that it selects them all and bring them to height you need.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Another trick to use is to start off with the absolute height box checked and reduce the grid size to 2m then start placing tunnel objects (using the copy and paste method ) then selecting each piece and "snapping to grid" each of the tunnel pieces.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:05 PM
peregrine falcon is offline peregrine falcon

from my experience snap and lowering grid works best but use 1M for 2M will give u problems snapping corners.

If your making unconventional tunnels(pitched and/or rotated out of normal) then lining them up without getting a few white walls is really tough.

the way I got around this was

1. Place an object on a snap point then Cut and paste all tunnel sections to page 2(to have a reference to all the numeric values of each piece XYZ PITCH etc) using the object snapped snap this object to same location on page 2 along with all copied tunnel pieces
2. Clean up SSNs
3. INSERT(not copy) the tunnel pieces they same
4. enter value for each piece from page 2

I think the reason this worked is the SSNs where now in order

also not completely sure but I may have also moved all tunnels section to a fresh map before moving everything else so as the SSNs for the tunnels would be before anything else.

I dont recall for sure but I think you can either ADD or there is blink groups in the MIS but they have to be edited through notepad.

GL scout I wonder if your map will be crazy creative hmmmmm maybe hehe.

I may still have the DFX map I started that had this problem I never finished it but from what is done its playable I think.

my MSN ROBVLOB@hotmail.com
YIM peregrine_falcn
XFIRE peregrinefalcn

Last edited by peregrine falcon; 09-15-2008 at 04:12 PM.