Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:53 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Wink Fox hunting Ban

So the British government finally got around to imposing a ban on fox hunting from next February 2005, do the U.K.(or for that matter anyone else), members here think this is a good thing or an attack on personal liberty?

Regards
Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
ban it!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:59 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
ban it!
Sports are meant to be fun... they say its a sport well i see no fun in watching animals attacking other animals..

glad its gonna b banned
Old 11-19-2004, 09:05 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Whilst I cannot say I particularly like the idea of tearing up a fox with dogss, there is hardly enough parlimentary time to achieve all the goals that the UK, domesticaly, should be striving for anyway.

Even as far as animal rights go, it is very very low on what should be the national sense agenda.
Factory farming for a start is far far crueler to far many more animals. In fact I would wager that the chickens on so called free range farms would welcome the excercise and the freedom from pain that a visit from the wily Mr Fox would ensure.

It has been a disgraceful waste of money and public time and has achieved very little more than the saving of about 25 foxes a year and pissing off a lot of people who would very much like to live their lives and follow their traditions without the interference from a lot of social engineers who like to experim,ent with the degradation of anyones values save their own.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of hunting with dogs and the doubtless horrific finality of such a steeple chase.
I just think time would have been better spent sorting out real issues that affect millions of people.
Child poverty (we are the worst in the western world for that), Policing violent crime (it is on the increase) are two instances. For Christs sake there are more old people being battered to death, more children become unwell because of malnutrition in the UK every week, than there is Fox victims in the countryside per year.

It has been a terrific waste of time and every single public servant parlimentarian that got involved should be ashamed of spending quality Whitehall time on needless trophy legislation.

That is the National Disgrace here and no one should truly be proud of the ban as any kind of meaningful achievement.

So say I.
And continue.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

ban it. And they have, so keep the ban...
- Warm regards
Old 11-19-2004, 11:41 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
banned banned banned banned banned banned
their all aholes, the hunters lol

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 PM
thundar is offline thundar

well i dont really know how they do it in uk but here in america we hunt rabbits with dogs an ill tell ya this im a hunter an when someone or somebody bans or trys to ban that makes me upset its are god givin right to hunt to feed are familys never fox hunted though so really say much on that not sure how they do it or anything but i have shot a few foxs in my day
Old 11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

ban it! cruel gits, its ok to kill insects but killing an animal is different

plus it wudnt be as bad if they just shot them and not tear em apart with dogs

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

making them suffer

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 11-19-2004, 06:03 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
How is it cruel to kill an animal?, what if their dieing, what if their old, what if they cant reproduce, what if they are over populating the earth, what if their is a shortage on meat? What better way is their to end their lifes without hunting, not only does it benifet the animal, but it also brings a great pride a joy to Hunter world wide, i dont think its right to ban them if you can handle it, dont watch.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 11-19-2004, 06:25 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

its happening everywhere
and its happening often, killing animals just for it isnt right, just f'ed

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Convict
How is it cruel to kill an animal?, what if their dieing, what if their old, what if they cant reproduce, what if they are over populating the earth, what if their is a shortage on meat? What better way is their to end their lifes without hunting, not only does it benifet the animal, but it also brings a great pride a joy to Hunter world wide, i dont think its right to ban them if you can handle it, dont watch.
So i guess then if u were old, dieing or couldnt reproduce u would be happy enough to have dogs come after u and tear you to pieces while your alive?
Old 11-19-2004, 07:24 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

I'd like toknow how the hell they reckon they can enforce the ban???

If you want to sonsider wastes of maoney & time then consider this.....

You've got a lot of huntsmen involved, therefore a lot of police would be needed,
You've got huntswomen, therefore female officers too,
You've got youngsters, therefore the youth justice board would probably get involved somewhere along the way,
the courts, lawers, barristers, RSPCA, Police horse riders? etc etc etc.......

To actually aprehend all of the people, horses, animals etc involved would be a mammoth task..........If any of the huntsmen/women decided not to give their details and not to co-operate then I'd like to know what the police would do.......
If it's a vehicle the Old Bill have the authority to move the vehicle to a safe place or impound it.......If you've got 20 horses to impound or remove then that'd be a task in itself!!......

Could prove interesting
Old 11-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Smile

i grown up trapping fox and all tail make good money on them too, back then in the 70s. now day i don't do any trapping it was a blast to find some ones dog in the trap i call them up say would like to get your dog back come to my place get him asap ok. some times i get a hunting dog the owner live about 20-45mil away nice thing about them dog tags.

mostly was 20-60ea (in a year) hunting dog i got in my traps in a year. i may get 3-12 Fox's in a year, if they to young i would let them go. some times i did it for the fun of catching them I'll still let them go pretty looking things these Fox's look when the sun hit them. i even had two fox hang out my home they was almost like pet, i feed them and they go off their way i never tread them like pet they are wild but i don't mind given them treats ether.

all my traps were box type traps size about 6ft long and 3ft wide and as high as 3ft. a hunting dog can fit into one easy. sorry i don't like small things bigger is better. i think a bear did get into one was rip-up badly one morning i came checking on them had 6 lay out 2 no more.
============================================
think the people in the UK should replace the fox's with a skunk hurt them down see what you get meat taste better but trying to catch them is something i would not wish on anyone at all. smell for a week really badly
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-20-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:51 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

con, their were not just shooting them, they where chasing them, and getting their hounds to kill them (almost like eating them).
But the human rights issue comes into hand, when farmers need to protect their property and getting rid of the foxes attacking the chickens. I dunno whats gonna happen there.
- Warm regards
Old 11-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecoma2
con, their were not just shooting them, they where chasing them, and getting their hounds to kill them (almost like eating them).
But the human rights issue comes into hand, when farmers need to protect their property and getting rid of the foxes attacking the chickens. I dunno whats gonna happen there.
- Warm regards
will the best way get around it is to trap them then relocate them to a new location were they do no harm, if they start over running the country side then let the hunting begin.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-20-2004, 07:06 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I see this subject has excoted quite a few responces and let's face it this is a very emotive subject for most people but, I feel that ZZA has made quite a few good points about our priorities here in the U.K.

We do have a problem with rising crime and violent assaults on people and a lot of them are sadly the elderly citizens of our country many of whom went through a world war and Korea, (to name but two wars) to make the world safer for the next generation only to be faced with thugs who abuse and attack them in their own homes whilst our government spends time on banning fox hunting!

Don't get me wrong I have no objection to hunting with a rifle and at least an expert shot can kill an animal instantly with one shot, but to chase the poor fox all over the place on horse back and then allow the hounds to tear it to pieces doesn't sound very fair to me.

Another contributor asks how such a ban will be enforced? He's right how will it be enforced and will this mean more police time taken up doing this whilst other more serious crimes continue to rise?

I'm being the devils advocate here as I can understand the people who live in the country side seeing this as yet another attack on their way of life by a bunch of "townies" who know very little of the way of life in the country side.

I know some thing called "drag hunting" has been suggested as an alternative to fox hunting but is this going to be acceptable to those folk who see it as an old British tradition?

Regards to all