Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

lol, i redon BF2 to my likings, this ill have to like reguardless.

but the best way i have found to do these missions is to find an ammo pallet and get a gun with scope or after ya kill a small squad take their gun and use it, i love the druganove but the real ones are a lot more accurate, lol, at 700m it hits in a pattern 15in in diameter and the goof twitching doesnt help, me i have personaly in the real, held the scope in the prone supported position using breathing controll so still i could have put every round in the same hole at 400m if the gun was that accurate.

and the ranger in the scope does work to an extent, it is just off a few meters or so.

there was this mission yesterday that i was supposed to get in a chopper and take out some bases, got shot down 3min in and had to take out the base of 120 guys personaly and they had tanks, did it the only way i knew how to, took out a stragling team took the sniper rifle and found a pallet and loaded up on as much ammo as i could carry.

and played sniper tactics at 500m+ and picked off a few guys and relocated pocked off a couple of guys and relocated, did this for 2 dam hours, lol.

and after i killed the infantry i found a at soldier, took his rocket launcher and rockets and loaded up at the nearest pallet, and proceded to kill the tanks 1 at a time, there were 2 shilkas, 1 BMP-2, and a T-72 and me all by meself, lol.

didnt die but once trying to do all of this. just treat it like ya would a real person that ya play online an ya will usually survive.

the way im doing this game is, ya have a map where ya chose missions and it has 2 small missions where ya weaken the enemy or the main mission that taks out the entir region without having to do the smaller missions, i chose the main missions because im lazy and dont wana do the 3 , lol.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:37 PM

wow, lol.

5 days and i have beat it, campaign and all.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Where to now? Mission making?

Thats what baffled me in OFP's missions. The fact that most of them have you doing outrageous things, like taking out half an army on your own. What the hell? Can't you just carpet bomb the whole place instead?? Its fair enough if its a commando TEAM going in to bust up some tanks, but when its just a lone dude going in to take out an entire battalion...thats where realism gets thrown out the window.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Read in the reviews that the secondary missions are harder Mauser...

So what will you be doing in ArmA now? Mission making? Fark, mission making in ArmA/OFP is harder than DF, I'll tell ya that.

The unit placing, etc. is all great, but the scripting, dang. You need to do scripting in order to do things. If you don't know scripting in ArmA, then you're screwed. You'll have to go to OFPEC or something and there'll be some helpful stuff there for ya.

Are BMPs annoying to you in ArmA? Because me and Grenademan, hate BMPs. They're a nemesis. They always seem to know where you are.

You're in the night, a Black Op for example, and no tank or person can really see you when you're under cover. A BMP ALWAYS seems to park right next to where you are, as if it knows you're right next to it, but really, it doesn't know you're there. It's like it's got a goddamn heartbeat detector on, LOL.

Speaking about Black Ops in the night, the really cool thing about them is that whenever I've played as a Black Op, I've done 95% of the missions proning, and never really been detected. From my research, as long as you stay proning most of the time, stay a little far away from enemies, etc. then you'll be literally invisible. Awesome isn't it?

BTW, got a rating outta 10 for ArmA?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 PM

lol, if i got an AT rocket they BMP dont bother me for long.

but i beat the dam campaign and thought it would unlock the weapons, but nope, it didnt unlock anything, i want my M24 dammit.

the other nite i was in a single mission and was tasked with taking out a base and all was well, killed everything i could find and thought i was done, well i waited and waited for 20minits and never seen any1 and wasnt ordered anywhere so i hoped out of my tank and loaded up on ammo and rockets and went hunting, lol there was this bridge 2000m away atthe enemy camp where the reinforcements come from that had a river below it.

lol i guess that the ai cant really cross bridges so 2 BMP-2 ended up floating in the water below the bridge, i blow them and the game ended.

and was there ever anything that ya could use to mod OFP? the PBO files are what i need to get into. see if i can change the loadout of the game, tire of having that POS M4 with aimpoint that hits in a 20ft circle.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:58 PM

LOL if you're going to edit some things you don't like in the game, I reckon that 1.05 patch would do all that for you. Did you hear about the 3D ironsights they added in the update and all? BIS also have coming up a 1.07 beta as well. If you've got a friend with broadband next door or something, you might wanna consider the update. I know that the 1.46 update for OFP has fixed 20-30x more than what Nova's updates fixes... If you wanna know what's been fixed, check here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...ersion_History

I was looking in the Version Updates page is there has been some wad of modifications to the M4 and its aimpoint. So yeah...

But anyways, yeah everything is pretty much in a .pbo. It's sorta like a .pff if you get what I mean, heh.

And also, don't expect to be on your way to editting once you unpack the .pbos. OFP's system is very different from other games I think, IMO. Here is a .pbo tool (it's for OFP: Resistance but I couldn't actually find one for ArmA... I think if it will work for Resistance, it'll work for ArmA): http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/admin_...cat=xyz&page=0

If I'm right, to edit the appearance sights or whatever, you'll need the edit the .pac and/or .paa files. These files are the textures files, sorta like .dds. To view these textures, go here: http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/admin_...cat=xyz&page=0

If you actually want to edit the attributes of the sights, you'll probably need to go through some config files, I think...

If you want any help from some great OFP modding experts, register at the OFPEC forum:
http://www.ofpec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36

Sorry for all the links lol... hopes this helps ya, lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM

naaa, just want me good gun not that pos m4 with aimpoint.

i found a PBO extractor and compactor and ya are right it is way difrent than the BHD and susch games, but i figured it out eventually, looked thru 200 folders b4 i got the right ones and ya unpack the mission PBO and ya have a foldr called description it is an EXT file ya can after the string onLoadMission=$STR_M02n20; ya can post the weapons ya want to show in the loadout menue like

class Weapons
{
class M4
{
count = 1;
};
class M16A2GL
{
count = 1;
};
class M249
{
count = 1;
};
class M24
{
count = 1;
};
};

class Magazines
{
class 30rnd_556x45_stanag
{
count = 50;
};
class HandGrenadeTimed
{
count = 50;
};
class 1rnd_HE_M203
{
count = 50;
};
class 200rnd_556x45_M249
{
count = 10;
};
class M136
{
count = 50;
};
class 5rnd_762x51_M24
{
count = 50;
};
class SmokeShell
{
count = 50;
};

and so on.

this doesnt work in all of the missions like the ones where you arnt the leader of the team because the loadout is disabled, so there is another wayto do this.

and there is another ile called mission, it is a SQM file and ya can change the weapon that ya start with in the game like if ya want the stock weapon ya just leave it as.......position[]={11676.547852,116.172409,15729.920898};
azimut=183.522003;
id=0;
side="WEST";
vehicle="SoldierWSaboteurPipe";
player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
leader=1;
rank="CAPTAIN";
skill=0.733333;
text="aP";
init="this addweapon ""binocular""; uvnitr = false";

or if ya want a sniper rifle ya just adjust it as so........
position[]={11676.547852,116.172409,15729.920898};
azimut=183.522003;
id=0;
side="WEST";
vehicle="SoldierWsniper";
player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
leader=1;
rank="CAPTAIN";
skill=0.733333;
text="aP";
init="this addweapon ""binocular""; uvnitr = false";
};

ya adjust the vehicle string and that is where ya change the weapon ya start with .

i got sniper rifle for the big maps with lots of terrain and the SPR for the smaller missions with buildings.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Awesome Mauser.

Same here in OFP... every mission pretty much has a description.ext. Like you saw, this file basically holds all the special stuff. In OFP, for example, in order to add voices, etc. you have to create entries in description.ext. And description.ext is not just for that, it's for heaps of things.

Like for example, for simply a few working sounds to be in your mission you have to this:

Code:
class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = 	{ 05av01, 05av02 }; <-- Defines the sounds

class 03av1
	{
		name = ""; <-- Just a name for the sound
		sound[] = {"03av1.ogg", db-40, 1.0}; <-- Sound name and some other stuff
		titles[] = 
		{
			0, $STRCAMP_03av1 <-- Text string thingy
		};
	};
	class 03av2
	{
		name = "";
		sound[] = {"03av2.ogg", db-40, 1.0};
		titles[] = 
		{
			0, $STRCAMP_03av2
		};
	};
	class 05av01
	{
		name = "";
		sound[] = {"05av01.ogg", db-40, 1.0};
		titles[] = 
		{
			0, $STRCAMP_05av01
		};
	};
	class 05av02
	{
		name = "";
		sound[] = {"05av02.ogg", db-40, 1.0};
		titles[] = 
		{
			0, $STRCAMP_05av02
		};
	};
};
I dunno why I'm telling you this lol but I am, heh.

Have you played with the MED? Start making missions with that, and you'll be pissed. It's not like the DF MED or whatever either. Pretty much 70-80% of the stuff in that mission is all scripting probably. Like if you want to start off the mission holding an MP5, one will have to type something in the character's window... Chris addweapon "HK"... or, if I wanted to add an M16 and three clips in an ammo crate... you'll have to go... MyCrate addweaponcargo ["M16", 3]...

Yeah, ya get what I mean.

Chris

Last edited by Chrispy; 05-21-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 AM

This is about ArmA, not friggin...OFP meditting!

But be cautious Mauser. If you start mission making and you get really good at it, it can really start to piss you off. Half the time nothing works the first time round. I scrapped so many missions because of the flaws in the editor.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 PM

lol, the bad guys dont know what to do when ya pickem off at 1000m, they just kindof stand there with a dumb look on their face or crawl around like idiots.

take the leader out 1st, they are lost with out him, and then take out any1 with a barrel longer than 14inches, then they cant really get to ya, and dont stay in 1 spot to long or ya will have a crowd around ya trying to fillya full of lead.

if at all possable fire 1 shot 2 at the max and relocate to another location, that is how i play with real life people online and i have sofar been sucsessfull.

and i was hopeing to have footprints to go by but they dissapear after ya make the next set of prints, so tracking isnt an option.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grenademan
This is about ArmA, not friggin...OFP meditting!

But be cautious Mauser. If you start mission making and you get really good at it, it can really start to piss you off. Half the time nothing works the first time round. I scrapped so many missions because of the flaws in the editor.
OFP and ArmA are real similiar.

Anyways since you've completed the campaign, what do you do now regularly in ArmA?

Chris
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM

rearange the weapopn loadouts , rerun the missions in expert mode, just messin around, still learning the layout of the game files so aint gona do anything serious anytime soon.

am glad i make backups of everything i redo thoe, lol, i would have been screwed on 1 mission if i hadnt.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 PM

BTW, Mauser, you got yourself a rating outta 10 for ArmA? Just curious, heh.

Also, what's your favourite weapon lol? Heh.

Chris
Old 05-22-2007, 01:10 AM

You and your ratings...
Old 05-23-2007, 01:05 PM

lol.

has to be the SVD Dragunov, the M-24 in this game the recticle is to far off for accurate ranging and pluss i think it is a 14x loupold so ya are looking at the hairs on the back of their neck when ya try to use it.

the SVD is good, more ammo per clip and a good 6 or 8x scope so ya get a good FOV pluss the added rangefinder in the corner of the scope helps in determining range to enemy. they got the horazontal scale off but the verticle is close enough.

oh and if ya change the line vehicle="SoldierWSaboteurPipe"; to vehicle="SoldierWsniper";
and change the W to a E to where it is like vehicle="SoldierEsniper"; ya will start with the SVD but it also changes ya skin to the enemy colors but ya team doesnt seam to mind it so it no bigie.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM

still gona have to do something bout the dang BMP-2 lol, it still acts like it can see thru the bushes.

and i think all the team mates ya have are good for is getting in ya way and drawing fire, lol.

was tryingto sneak for i had a T-72 and a couple of BRDM running round and my dumb teammates were running in circles around me and all of a sudden tatatatatatata, i was dead along with every1 else, lol, ill just makem stay put next time.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM

Too bad when you un-PBO a mission file, you can't open it in the MED...

If I'm right Mauser, W is West (US), and E is East (North Sahrani). When you switched it to SoldierWsniper, it was probably the M24 or something, since it was the default West sniper weapon (and SoldierEsniper was the SVD because the SVD is probably the default East sniper weapon).

The SVD used to be my favourite weapon in OFP... WAIT, it still is!

All

AllVehicles

Land

man

Soldier

SoldierLAW

SoldierWB

SoldierW

SoldierWG

SoldierWMortar

SoldierWMedic

SoldierWNOG

SoldierWCrew

SoldierWPilot

SoldierWMG

SoldierWLAW

SoldierWAA

SoldierWAT

SoldierWSniper

SoldierWLAWSniper

SoldierWSaboteur

SoldierWSaboteurPipe

SoldierWSaboteurDay

SoldierWMiner

OfficerW

OfficerWNight

SoldierWCaptive

SoldierEB

SoldierGFakeE

SoldierWFakeE

SoldierEG

SoldierE

SoldierEMedic

SoldierNOG

SoldierECrew

SoldierEPilot

SoldierEMG

SoldierELAW

SoldierEAT

SoldierEAA

SoldierEMiner

OfficerE

OfficerENight

GeneralE

Angelina

SoldierESniper

SoldierESaboteur

SoldierESaboteurPipe

SoldierGB

SoldierGMedic

SoldierGCrew

SoldierGPilot

SoldierGG

SoldierG

SoldierGNOG

SoldierGMG

SoldierGLAW

SoldierGAT

SoldierGAA

OfficerG

OfficerGNight

Civilian

SoldierGFakeC

Civilian2

SoldierGFakeC2

Civilian3

LandVehicle

Car

Jeep

JeepMG

SkodaHelper

SkodaBase

Rapid

RapidY

Skoda

SkodaBlue

SkodaRed

SkodaGreen

Tractor

Truck

Truck5T

Truck5tRich

Truck5tOpen

Truck5tRepair

Truck5tReammo

Truck5tRefuel

Ural

UralRepair

UralReammo

UralRefuel

Scud

TruckV3SG

TruckV3SCivil

TruckV3SGRefuel

TruckV3SGRepair

TruckV3SGReammo

UAZ

PaperCar

GUAZ - Not sure about this one. It's defined in 1 place but not the other. Other's defined in both.

UAZG

SGUAZG

GJeep

Tank

APC

M113

M113Ambul

M2StaticMG

M2StaticMGE

BMP

BMPAmbul

M1Abrams

M1AbramsAuto

M60 - Same thing as the GUAZ, but it works so....

RussianTank

T72

T80

ZSU

T55G

Air

Helicopter

Cobra

Parachute

UH60

UH60MG

Mi17

Mi24

Plane

A10

Cessna

Ship

SmallShip

BoatW

BoatWAuto

BoatE

BigShip

CarrierW

Logic

Static

Fortress

Building

NonStrategic

Fire

Fence

FenceWood

Wire

WireFence

FpLogo

Fountain

House - not checked for subclasses

Houseryb_domek

Housemajak

Houseplechbud

Housedeutshe_mini

Housebouda2_vnitrek

Housedeutshe

Housedum_mesto

Housedum_mesto2

Housedum_rasovna

Housebouda2

Housebouda3

Housedumruina_mini

Housedum_mesto3

Housestodola_open

Housestatek_kulna

Housedum_mesto2l

Housecihlovej_dum_mini

Housebudova5

Housedumruina

Housedum01

Housecihlovej_dum

Housecihlovej_dum_in

Housebudova1

Housebudova2

Housebudova3

Housebudova4

Housegaraz

Housegaraz_bez_tanku

Housegaraz_s_tankem

Houserepair_center

Housedum02

Houseafdum_mesto2

Househospoda_mesto

Housestanice

Housedum_m2

Housebouda1

Housestodola

Housestatek_hl_bud

Househospital

Housemesto_dum

Housedum_rasovna_in

Househelfenburk

Housedum_olezlina

Houseafdum_mesto3

Houseafhospoda_mesto

Housedulni_bs

Housekostel_trosky

Houseafdum_mesto2l

Housedum_mesto_in

Houseafbarabizna

Househruzdum

Houseammostore2

ViewTower

ViewTower2

Forrest

Forest001

ForestSkewed

Forest001T1

Forest001T2

Forest002

Forest003

Forest004

HeliH

HeliHEmpty

TargetTraining

TargetGrenade

Church

Church001

Church002

Church003

Chapel

Chapel001

Strategic

FuelStation

FuelStationNew

FuelStationNew2

ReammoBox

ReammoBoxWest

ReammoBoxEast

ReammoBoxGuer

HeavyReammoBox

HeavyReammoBoxWest

HeavyReammoBoxEast

heavyReammoBoxRes

MachineGunBox

FlagCarrier

Danger

Target

TargetE

Camp

Cube

CampEmpty

CampEast

CampEastC

Grave

Grave1

Grave2

GraveHelmet

ACamp

MASH

Crawling

ExcerciseTrack

ExcerciseTrack2

ExcerciseTrack3

JeepWreck1

JeepWreck2

JeepWreck3

M113Wreck

UralWreck

Body

Fortress1

Fortress2

Shed

Office

Barracks

Hangar

Hangar_Hall

Hangar_Office

ShedSmall

Thing

Table - Not positive Table class is under Thing class.

Tablemap

Chair

PhoneBase

Camera1

Computer

ChairHangar

ChairX

VideoTable

TablePub

Radio

ChairSmall

ThingEffect

FxExploGround1

FxExploGround2

FxExploArmor1

FxExploArmor2

FxExploArmor3

FxExploArmor4

BarrelHelper

BarrelBase

Barrels

Barrel1

Barrel2

Barrel3

Barrel4

TestObject4

PaletaHelper

PaletaBase

Paleta1

Paleta2

Sound

Owl

Stream

Frog

Froga

Alarm

BirdSinging

Crickets1

Crickets2

Crickets3

Crickets4

Chicken

Cock

Cow

Crow

Wolf

Dog

BadDog

SorrowDog

LittleDog

Music

MineGeneric

MineMine

That was off the CMDREF for OFP. Try SoldierWSVD and see what happens, lol.

Chris
Old 05-25-2007, 04:17 PM

bet that took a while to type in.

i might beable to use some of the things ya put there, ill have to check if i can.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
bet that took a while to type in.

i might beable to use some of the things ya put there, ill have to check if i can.
I just copied and pasted, Imao.

Well, hope you get things sussed.

Chris
Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 PM

This is turning into that other thread...that "why did they do it BF2"......