Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

AT&T Wi-Fi service

I'm not sure if anyone else knows about it but figured I should share

Quote:
Leave the wires at home and connect to the Internet with AT&T Wi-Fi service.

AT&T Wi-Fi service, powered by Wi-Fi technology, can connect you with public wireless high-speed Internet access at speeds much faster than dial-up when you're in a 150-foot range of our growing number of public hotspots — in airports, hotels, restaurants, and other convenient locations.

AT&T Wi-Fi has two access options:

AT&T Wi-Fi Basic allows access to nearly 10,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot locations and
AT&T Wi-Fi Premier extends that access to nearly 55,000 locations with AT&T's roaming partners.
AT&T Wi-Fi Basic is FREE to AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet Pro, Elite, FastAccess® DSL Xtreme, Xtreme 6.0, and AT&T U-Verse customers, no ordering required. Customers can login at any AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot by entering their primary DSL or U-Verse account username and password.

Four ways to surf using AT&T Wi-Fi:

Subscription Service for AT&T Broadband customers- added to your monthly bill (you may qualify for a FREE or low cost option.)

Monthly Membership Plans are also available for people who prefer to use credit cards.

Buy a Prepaid Connection of 3, 8, or 20 sessions.
Make a Hot Spot Walk-Up purchase. These are available at each AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot.

TO GET STARTED: Use any Wi-Fi enabled laptop, iPhone, or other Wi-Fi enabled device to connect at an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot. Customers can login through the hotspot's web page. Simply activate the wireless networking functionaly on your laptop or Wi-Fi enabled device and look for the SSID attwifi. Connect to "attwifi" and you will be presented with options to order. Alternatively, use the AT&T Wi-Fi Connection Software for simple and easy connections with laptops at hotspots. AT&T Wi-Fi supports Virtual Private Networking and personal firewalls, so you can surf and work securely.

More info

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1