Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
Odd Weather

I was wondering, if anyone else around the world has been experieincing some odd weather.

Usually New york has an extreme of both ends, hot humid weather in summer, and then cold mass amounts of snow in the winter.

Well today being Jan. 06, 2007. One of new yorks worse months for weather, We have not went below 30 degrees so far sence winter begun! It is currently 65 degrees outside, and we are predicted to not have any snow for the entire winter.

Either those aerosol cans and hippies were right and the ozone is gone, or some odd odd **** is happening with the jetstreams.

I know my buddy chels is in vermont but it has been snowing up there i presume. . .SO WTF

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Chels is offline Chels

Re: Odd Weather

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckz
I was wondering, if anyone else around the world has been experieincing some odd weather.

Usually New york has an extreme of both ends, hot humid weather in summer, and then cold mass amounts of snow in the winter.

Well today being Jan. 06, 2007. One of new yorks worse months for weather, We have not went below 30 degrees so far sence winter begun! It is currently 65 degrees outside, and we are predicted to not have any snow for the entire winter.

Either those aerosol cans and hippies were right and the ozone is gone, or some odd odd **** is happening with the jetstreams.

I know my buddy chels is in vermont but it has been snowing up there i presume. . .SO WTF
it snowed 2 days ago but all morning it's been rain and its really nice out now I could go for a goo run

Its 65 out here to well was now its 59 but usually vt has about 2 ft of snow and its -40 (in my town) so who knows :S

http://www.wptz.com/index.html
(Northern NY and Alll of vermont and Northern NH)

http://www.wcax.com/Global/category....&nav=menu183_3
(VT)

"November and December combined were the warmest on record and January is already nearly 20 degrees above normal."

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.

Last edited by Chels; 01-06-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I read on CNN that it is just nature balancing its self. Last year was an exceptionally cold winter.

"...Meteorologists say the warm spell is due to a combination of factors.

El Nino, a cyclical warming trend now under way in the Pacific Ocean, can lead to milder weather, particularly in the Northeast.

The jet stream, the high-altitude air current that works like a barricade to hold back warm Southern air, is running much farther north than usual over the East Coast.

The weather is prone to short-term fluctuations, and forecasters said the mild winter does not necessarily mean global warming is upon us. ..."

Read the full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/01/0....ap/index.html
Old 01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Skin is offline Skin

Send a message via ICQ to Skin
i live in so cal and if its this warm, in fact its hardly rained at all this winter its bout 80 everyday and i cant complain.. cept im hoping its not gonna make it like super freaking hot in the summer ahaha

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll
Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

well the big earthquake that we had that caused those big sunamies caused the polar axis to shift by a few inches and caused the earth to wobble more in its orbital pattern and shortining the days by a few MS witch also messed up the positioning of the jetstream, the slight shift in polar positioning is the reasion for the jetstream running a little off course like ya saw on CNN.

but i wouldnt get my news from CNN ya could fill volumes with the info they restrick from the people.

>here is a good news site<

>>here is another news site<<

>>here is a site of Neal Boortz, he makes all the liberals mad<<

and if any1 has knoticed that the storms that are happening ar not your average storm systems and are looking more like a hurracane over land that a normal storm.

but that isnt the only thing,the mount everists region is also changing and MT Everist is growing taller as the other side of the plate goes down also affecting the jetstream.

and also weather has been extreamly plesent for the last 1000 or so years and theoreticly the climate is returning back to normal, and scientist say that every 3000 years (give or take 100yrs) there is a climatic shift if a dradstic nature that can cause the polar regions to shift again, yes they have shifted b4 and evidence show that antarctica used to be a nice green place and was relativly warm and theoreticly we are 200 years overdue for a climate shift of physical or climatic in nature

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

weather changes all the time, its just the way of the world, and probably all the fossil fuels help it along
Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

I live in wisconsin and it hasnt snowed since the second week of december
Old 01-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Re: Odd Weather

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckz

Usually New york has an extreme of both ends, hot humid weather in summer...

Humidity in New York? Thats laughable! HAHAHAHAHAHA! You wouldnt know humidity till you've lived in the tropics for a year. (I was born in the tropics, so im used to it anyway)

But yes, we're getting some ultra wierd weather here too, outback Australia. Its summer, so every four days we get a cool change and suddenly its like -1 in the morning and then goes up to 15 all day and night. Then it turns back to blistering 40 degrees again.

Just yesterday we had a monstrous downpour of rain, and my flat got flooded...AGAIN. Yeesh...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
remember the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow'

yeah...i think they were on to something

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 01-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Luckz is offline Luckz

sigh. . . ill get the parka

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 01-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

I don't admit to knowing a stack about all this eco-change stuff, but i got to admit i love the argument put froward by some academics. They reckon that during the early years of the Industrial Revolution so much crap was put into the atmosphere that it changed the weather to what we knew it, and its now going back to what it was pre IR..
Old 01-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
mike i was thinking if there not much of a winter time weather going now what will the summer be like for weather changes.

big time stormy going all over the planet?

the heat build up and thunder storms......ect getting out of hand more. the heat build up there is extra water on the planet it has to go some place.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-07-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I don't admit to knowing a stack about all this eco-change stuff, but i got to admit i love the argument put froward by some academics. They reckon that during the early years of the Industrial Revolution so much crap was put into the atmosphere that it changed the weather to what we knew it, and its now going back to what it was pre IR..
In others words...we're practically terraforming our own planet...right?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Luckz is offline Luckz

for the most part

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Chels is offline Chels

Well I lovesnow but at same time I hate it so I am enjoying this last night I was able to walk barefoot to the BBQ and back to the house

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

think yourselves lucky.. i havent seen snow for over a year! or even SLEET for that matter.. last time we had snow in england where i live was christmas day 2005 how boring

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Was like a 'normal' winter when I was up in Winnipeg Canada for a week. Got more then a foot of snow in a few hours...

Here in MN we only have a little bit of snow in some places. It's warm enough for a sweatshirt..

Odd yes.. but I don't mind

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Where I live in a so classic place is 50-50 lol. You either get, sun and hot, or fog and rain lol.

When it's hot, it's good. I got really sweaty inside when I was writing this letter lol.

When it's cold, things are just dull as sheet...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 PM

I prefer the cold. I also like miserable rainy days. And i like rain in the mornings, rain at night. etc etc.

I detest sun showers though. What a stupid occurance
Old 01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I only prefer cold at night. I dunno why, but for some reason when it's raining at night, I can think more better and stuff. Maybe the sounds of rain dripping down ''keeps me company''?

I dunno...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black