Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:50 PM
rigure is offline rigure

need a bit of polish on this site....

so...been working on this one for a while now..payed to get a site done but was unsatisfied with the results. BUT, it did give me somehting to work with since html is greek to me. did the images all myself...well, not the actually cells of it..i jsut cut it up and made it look the way that i wanted.

So heres the site.
http://myweb.cableone.net/seibh1/decendants.htm#

so..heres my question. . I co7uld use some polish on it..anybody got any ideas?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think it looks pretty good, good theme but I would get rid of the 'image text' so you don't have to edit an image every time you want to change something.

You can get some pretty good html editers for free if you search google. If you have frontpage or dreamweaver that will work also.

I think a nice dark(er) scaley background would make it look a little better

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-02-2005, 05:57 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
In my honest opinion:

I don't know if you can say that you did the images yourself since the border images were picked up off the worldofwarcraft.com website. The Night Elf and Dwarf both on the site are too much, get rid of one and it will look better. It also looks like you've added a bevel to the dwarf and night elf...don't add that. Take it off, it makes the images look terrible.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

The site does not work in opera at all, ive attached a screenie of what i see.

Hence i cant comment on the design as intended...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desc.jpg (23.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-04-2005, 10:18 PM
rigure is offline rigure

yes, im having alot of problems with it in Opera..cant seen to get it to work and i dont know why. Also..i know i dint "make the images my self, I jsut put them together in a way that looked good.

heres the other thing Panther, i dont know how to get it to post the test "over" the image. hence i get to do it the crappy way and make image text. still learning bro.

as for the dwarf and the nightelf..those are the actuall pics of the char that posted the posts..alltho, the NE one looks really crapy. its a work in progress. Oh, and its not beveled..just a cut out..

as for opera, can anybody tell me what im doing wrong with it?

oh, and iv been useing both fireworks and dreamweaver to cobble it together.

last thoughts: any tips and tricks would be appreicated...im kinda stuck with what i have. I would like to have the post go over the images, but i dont have the know how to do it. ..maby something like repeating images that go along with how much text is posted..sorta like what wordpress does..

thanks for your thought so far.