Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:51 AM
Ech0 is offline Ech0

Packing Maps

One more question for you guys, starting a new thread just in case this can help anyone else. I've been working on some maps for Joint Operations CA with the IC mod and I want to put them up for download.

Granted I could put them up as is, but I don't want to junk up the directory of the people who download it with the .mis and .bin and .wac files and everything else, it'll already be kinda crowded with the custom .wav files I'm adding.

Is it possible to like compress these maps in some way?
Old 01-18-2024, 11:28 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

For the map to work, all files must be in the directory. Now of course to upload them, you should put them in a compressed zip file. But to play it, you still have to unzip it into the game directory or mod folder.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:35 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
One more question for you guys, starting a new thread just in case this can help anyone else. I've been working on some maps for Joint Operations CA with the IC mod and I want to put them up for download.

Granted I could put them up as is, but I don't want to junk up the directory of the people who download it with the .mis and .bin and .wac files and everything else, it'll already be kinda crowded with the custom .wav files I'm adding.

Is it possible to like compress these maps in some way?

.wav files will be the biggest hog of space in the zip file. bin and wac wont be much (usually just a few kb). mis file will be next eater of space followed by the bms.

as long as it is able to be within the max upload size here at NHQ, you should be good.