Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-18-2002, 12:08 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
New LevelAddon v.3 available now

As posted on dfbhd.dk our latest release

New LevelAddon available now.
This Will Put All Single Player Levels Into there SP
List and will Put all the Multi Player Levels into There Host
List and it works on all versions of windows now.

================================

This is what is does so there is no ? about what it is supposed to do.

The way the addon works issed by Devilclaw (dfbhd.dk programmer) who make this add-on

Ok as you know i programmed it but what you dont know is exactly how it works so i guess i will tell you.

first off in the exe you will see TDMM_01a.bms TDMM_01b.bms TDMM_01c.bms when you hex edit it. these are actually hard coded in meaning it can not be changed normaly.

anyway i studyed how those 3 maps were place in there exe and then created from my pff reading engine that i created and had it find any file that starts with TDMM at the start and .bms at the end. now i made my own memory that i placed all the files into the memory in the way the the game could understand if it could read that memory location. then i made patches to the exe through the memory and pointed it to my memory.

Basicaly the same with with the SP maps

by doing this it shows all the maps in the Multiplayer host list.

Sence Reaper helped me with Enabling the Sp List i was able to create the same affect to its list. but it looks file files that starts with spbhd at the start and .bms at the end.

in the level addon zip now it has a menuinst folder with a menuinst.bat you extract the mnuinst folder to the BHD folder then go into the menuinst folder that you put into the bhd folder and run the menuinst.bat by doing this it enables the singleplayer list also some other stuff that i have enabled.

now thats just to prep for stuff mainly. then you need to download the SpMapsWithNames and Install it. your still now done full because of the E2 mod you cand download my version of the E2 Mod thats is Located in the MapsWithNames for Multiplayer. you extract the test folder that is in the zip to the bhd folder go into the E2 folder and move all the files that are in there to the test folder and run the 1.bat now all the single players will work. well almost forgot about one other thing with my original releass of the spmapwithname i has a spCharat.def in it when you install the sp maps you need to rename it to Charattr.def now this will cause a problem with hosting Muliplayer maps because it uses the old Charattr.def. Im working on a way to detect what kind of map you are going to play and then make it read the right file.