Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Sigs and Graphics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sigs and Graphics Show off your sigs/graphics or request your own

Old 03-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

!*effective immediately*!

This section is causing alot of problems for some of our members. I have recieved multiple private complaints about users, even complaints about our very own sig staff.

Listen up people, if you can't stot flaiming, calling people down, saying FAGOT, n00b, retard etc. etc. you will be banned. Screw the warning system. You all think you got 5 points, not with me. I'm not a big poster on this forum but I do see everyting. I don't care how popular or how much you contribute to this site you won't be welcome back.

If you post your work and someone dosen't like it ask them why, or ignore it. <b>Its not hard.</b> If you think you are a grahpics god and can't take other people dis-liking your work then build a damn web page, post your work where no one can comment. <b>If you post it someone will always not like it, it's a fact of life.</b>

I don't care how much someone else flames you, if you feel the need to flame back you will both be banned. I don't really give a chit who started it. <b>Grow Up</b>.

I do not care about nova-inside's sig team either. If someone goes 2 places it means they want 2 diffrent people to make a sig so they can pick which they like.

This is effective with me from today on. <b>Sig staff included.</b>

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I just want to add something to this. Like Panther stated above when you post your work people aren't going to like something about. You can tell them what you don't like, I say what I don't like sometimes. But make your critisim constructive. Instead of saying, "your sig sucks" you can tell them what they can do to make their sig look better.

Yall just need to throw your egos aside and lend a helping hand instead of trying to be the DFHQ forum badass.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

Thank you Panther.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Matt. is offline Matt.

TY so much Panther, i fell this will make DFHQ's Sigs and GFX a lot better

Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Skin is offline Skin

Send a message via ICQ to Skin
me2

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll
Old 03-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Rider is offline Rider

Very nice post Panther, ive been waiting to see an admin say something like that. I gotta say its the first time i have ever agreed with every word an admin. on any forum ive have been to has to say. I couldnt agree more. thank you sir.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:00 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
tx alot panther for posting this...ice told ppl b4 to chill out because all i see now is flaming and the critizism is way put. They make you feel bad when u make new sigs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
oooo were in trouble, and thanx it puts off a bad vibe..... im even afraid to make sigs and show them now
Old 03-17-2004, 06:56 AM
KILLAR_KI is offline KILLAR_KI

wait till BP reads this LOL.. its gonna be good ... but how do u think we feel if ppl request for sigs in another forum & then they come here to request a sig & we make it for them & then releised that they have posted in another forum asking for the same siggy to be made for them i dont know about the other siggy makers but that p*sses me right off
Old 03-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
there isn't a lot u can do really, if u abuse them u will be banned. but your choice :/
Old 03-17-2004, 02:50 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
remember...the sig team does not have to make someone a sig...this is a job that they do for free and on there spare time

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
1 thing. If the person doesnt like something u "show off" then they just shouldn't reply
Old 03-18-2004, 04:59 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
or if some one posts a sig you have to have one good comment befor you can say something bad, (nive job doesnt count as a good comment)
Old 03-18-2004, 05:46 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Re: !*effective immediately*!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
This section is causing alot of problems for some of our members. I have recieved multiple private complaints about users

Quote:
Originally posted by Trilogy
trying to be the DFHQ forum badass.
cause we all already know that position is taken

heh, I kid I kid.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:34 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
i fell this will make DFHQ's Sigs and GFX a lot better

I agree. nicely said panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 03-20-2004, 06:31 AM
MermaidLady is offline MermaidLady

Hey Panther,

I couldn't agree with you more. I personally feel that everyone started at the beginning. We were all noobs and as we continued to use the various applications, we became better and better and some of us considered experts. So, we were all there at one point in time.

I feel that the best way someone can learn is to show off their work and receive suggestions from people. If someone is going to say, "no, I don't like it", don't just say that. Explain why you may not. Unfortunately, the written word can always be misinterpreted and some people are more sensitive than others. Give them a hand in learning. Don't flame them or tell them their design is awful, bad, etc. Say, "nice job but maybe I can suggest a few things to improve it if you don't mind". Some designers get swollen heads in thinking that they are the L33T. They may be good in design but their people skills need some work.

Your site always looks great Panther. Cya around.

This post has been prepared by MermaidLady, and is provided as a service to the Internet community. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. You should not act or rely on any information contained in this post without first seeking the advice of an attorney.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Trilogy
I just want to add something to this. Like Panther stated above when you post your work people aren't going to like something about. You can tell them what you don't like, I say what I don't like sometimes. But make your critisim constructive. Instead of saying, "your sig sucks" you can tell them what they can do to make their sig look better.

Yall just need to throw your egos aside and lend a helping hand instead of trying to be the DFHQ forum badass.
Thank you Trilogy right on the money.

I'm 100% on what Panther says here and stand by him all the way, but not to close. j/k
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
throw ego's aside and reply constructively is the best idea..personally every single sig maker does a great job FREE...i wish i was as good as you lot TBH but als im not ..however what 1 man thinks isnt right another thinks is perfect..you cant please everyone thats for sure but constructive critisism is always a good thing anywhere and as long as it is kept in that context then its a good thing..a good idea Panther and 1 which is obviously about time coming by the sound of the replies

once again a good solid team of sig Designers who put themselves out for all us "understudies" lol..keep it up lads its a great job you do and its appreciated by the majority ..

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 05-17-2004, 06:59 PM
.janissary is offline .janissary

I TOTALLY AGREE PANTHER....if i ever made a sig with my photoshop i would probilly be banned becuz it would make a admin puke!!!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Sgt. Snake-I.E. is offline Sgt. Snake-I.E.

Send a message via AIM to Sgt. Snake-I.E.
Dude no affense but that kinda seams a lil harsh at least give them one warning

and please dont banned me for this im just speaking my mind not arguing