Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Confused [E-bay] Weird things you can find there

item i found: Elsevier's Dictionary of Nuclear Engineering

i don't know this should a close item do to the information in it or what other may gain from it.

general info:
The English-Russian and Russian-English volume each contain about 50,000 terms covering various fields and subfields of nuclear engineering and technology: nuclear physics, thermonuclear research, nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel, isotopes, radiation, reliability and safety issues, environmental protection, emergency issues, radiation hazards. Terms from the military nuclear field are also included, as well as the names of nuclear power plants and nuclear societies worldwide. The English-Russian dictionary also contains a comprehensive section of about 6,500 abbreviations; a list of about 250 abbreviations is included in the Russian-English volume.

The Russian Federation and several other countries, including Ukraine, Lithuania, Armenia, as well as some East European countries have constructed nuclear power plants with Soviet reactors. This dictionary will be invaluable for the personnel of these nuclear power plants and their designing bureaus, but also to translators, scientists, researchers, and designers dealing with nuclear engineering and technology, and applied fields.

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Elseviers-Dictio...tem#stockphoto

i know in the old days there a back ground check before you get things like this or take a class on the subject many things have change over the years.

i taken classes on disarming USSR old nuke missiles, i had to go and get all type of clearances from the FBI / CIA (i was in w-Germany 1977-1980 CIA had to OK it as will FBI) to even take these classes. by the way my top clearance was like a Lv2 high back in them old days.

95% of the things i learn are gone into time faded into the cold war era. so don't ask me anything about how to do things been a long time and 98% is lost in time.

if you don't use it you lose all knowledge you gain from it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-01-2006 at 03:16 PM.