Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Awac835 is offline Awac835

Server Hosts are often incompetent in picking maps

What i mean is the selection they do on maps. Ive just played on a server that was set for 16 players. They where playing a city map that was way to big for 16 players maybe 32 would have done it.

I often see this. Servers that a running maps that is to big. Big maps is ok if there are enough people but if this is not the case then it gets boring.

I was playing another map called hornets nest i think it was. That map should not be on a public server.
There was two camps with helos flying back and forth. The distance between the two camps is huge makeing it boring to walk all the long way because the mongose just took the chopper and left one behind.
For team play and clans games this map could be good if you had voice com but as a public server such maps should not be included in the map list.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:28 PM
loco_mAn is offline loco_mAn

Send a message via AIM to loco_mAn
If the server host selects "cycle" he/she has no choise on what maps it picks. I do agree that some maps are not suitable for a low number of players.

AIM: nelz886

Old 04-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i think the server should play through the maps before they stick them on the server. there are some poor maps out there, glitches etc.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 PM

You got to be kidding me!!! Can't the host chose what maps he wants to be cycled through.
I thought that was standard today that you could make a list of maps that the server then would pick from.

Ill take my words back then!

NL needs to fix this game, and then the damn fact that you can't switch or equel out the teams.

Just had a game today when some one from the enemy teams said we sucked. What he forgot was that the teams was 8/4
Old 04-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
You can't bash NL because people make bad maps. It's the servers choice what maps are played, and the players choice about if the sides are un-even. There is no way you can bash NL about that, that is completely out of their hands and in the hands of you, the player.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 04-11-2003, 06:36 PM

†r¡løgý™ how can you say its up to the player to equal out the teams. It's not

Again today i had a game of TDM with 4 vs 12 i don't know why the game dosen't automatic equal teams inbetween maps like it should. So it has to be a mistake from NL's side.

And what would you other wise have us to do. Say that you, you and you quit the server and join the red team. That just wouldn't work out. But anyway 1 and after that i left to so it must have been real fun for the other 14 in that 12 vs 2 fight.
I have also been joining games where you were 6 or something people in it with 1 enemy and when he left you just stood there 6 players with nothing to do but quit the server.

And its not in the players hands because the player have no means of effectively change teams. If you could do that ingame then i would not care about automatic equeling of the teams because we could do it our self. But having to quit the server hell no.

But maybe if the novalogic people enjoy those 1 vs all fights
They should make a game mode called TAG where you had a escaped Delta and the rest had to track him down.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:23 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its a coin with two sides.
In BF1942 my squad and I play on servers that have autoswitch turned off.
You often find people leaving a server in team based maps because their team is losing.
In BF1942 there is nothing worse than suddenly being killed off to join the team you have been a large part of owning.

The opportunity to do it in order to manage the problem in game might be offered though. Its not hard code. It would be nice also if you could have the server balance them out in transition between maps.

As far as maps too big and crappy to play on, the maps you talk about are stock and stuck in the game unless you are ok with extracting them out of the file they are complied in.

I messages Chancellor yesterday and he is on the verge of publishing the map manager the DF community so desperatley needs. The good news is it should be soon, the better news is that he is trying to incorporate directory management so you dont have to flood your BHD root with hundreds of BMS in order to have a fully functional service.
The really nice news is that all this has been delayed cos hes just become a Daddy.

As far as this type of 3rd party prog goes, Chancellor was always the daddy anyhow.

In the meantime I have usef Ravens .PFF extractor to delete all non-customs so I can run my server more or less how I want.

Dont despair matey, the tools are coming for decent map managment. By the end of the month your job will be to look for a server with a decent rotation and stick with it.

Ahh the heady days of LW, 'I See Elvis'

Old 04-11-2003, 10:30 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Goddamn it. http://chancellor.ai-hq.com/index.html
Its out today
Panther, get hold of it and host it. Be the first!