Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
LMAO DD you might have a point there, great debate by the way bro!!!!

Warmest Regards
Shoot em down, heh.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 05-27-2005, 03:23 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I found out what the helicopter was doing over our homes the other day. Apparently it was a police helicopter looking for some car thieves who had stolen a police car!

Clever aye? Steal a police car and then wonder why they send a helicopter after you lol!

They were caught by the way and both of therm were aged 15!!!!

Regards
Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Parden me...when we talk about Morals....every one has their own set. We see a lot of those different morals in this forum.

The Iraqi citizens already hate him... I don't think it is demoralizing anyone but Saddam. He in particular deserves it. STUPID OLD MAN!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:30 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
ohh well. They are definately not following the geneva convention stuff.

yeah they are bro. This was leaked out, not taken by bush.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 AM
"ath-hole"

What? I am saying the terrorists. The US is
Old 05-28-2005, 05:32 AM
Orv is offline Orv

As long as they keep using my tax dollars for a good purpose and keep dropping bombs on all the b#stards down in the middle-east that would do us harm I am a happy man.

My youngest brother is a staff seargent on his 3rd "voluntary" tour down there.
He served in both gulf wars, and I am extremely proud of him.
Anyone that doesn't think what the US is doing down there is needed simply has a poor grasp of the truth about what our threats are in the region. Intel isn't telling everything and the media distorts things terribly in their efforts to compete for ratings grabbing headlines.

If you think we aren't trying to find Osama... you are totally mistaken, it is just that the news media won't cover the efforts there as long as nothing big happens.
Finding him is a nightmare in that region with him having a zillion places to hide out in the middle of nowhere.

If the middle-east isn't stablized and "ALL" the terrorists cleared out of there we will wake up some morning to see a city like Chicago or Seattle vaporize in a nuclear sunrise.

Just keep thinking about 9/11 whenever you doubt what needs to be done in the entire middle-east region.

--Orv
Old 05-28-2005, 08:16 AM
"ath-hole"

Yeah the media does. Stupid media...you have to filter through all the crap they send out. A good reporter shows both sides of the story. They are only showing one side, dumb reporters.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
I got that picture blown up on my wall, when I see it in the morning I wake up pretty damn quick

Old 05-29-2005, 04:56 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Just keep thinking about 9/11 whenever you doubt what needs to be done in the entire middle-east region.
That says it all for me....well said bro!!!!!

Regards
Old 05-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Orv is offline Orv

I keep hearing constant retorts that Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11 and that we are wrong for being there.

My first thought is... "Thanks for doing your part to demoralize our fighting troops and giving the terrorists support and hope that they may succeed in their goals."

And then, in an effort to somehow explain in the face of this midset...
--We now live in a world of global economy and global access, which means that we can no longer simply turn our backs when we see harmful things elsewhere in the world.
What is on the other side of the fence no longer stays there, which was readily and inarguably proven in New York City on the morning of September 11th, 2001.
The middle-east is, and has been for centuries, a hotbed of constant disagreement and brutal fighting between various factions. We now live in a world where the factions that could and would mean us harm are able to do so easily, and in ways that most could never have dreamed of even 25 years ago.
No, the middle-east is not the only place that threatens world peace and security... but it IS the most immediate threat.

The chief reasons for entering Iraq at this time are actually fairly easy to understand.
STRATEGY.
Yep, taking Iraq and freeing it is roughly equivalent to taking the queen in a chess match.
It will create a large, region stablizing ally and give us a wonderful base of operations and jumping off point for future operations in that part of the globe.
Afghanistan has very little of anything... it's a pile of rock and dirt.
Iraq is actually fairly rich in both technological and economic base as well as having the resource needed to remain this way and to protect itself once it makes the painful transition to a form of democratic society.
And finally, the clincher...
ANY... yes, ANY ruling power in the middle-east that does not and will not ACTIVELY and WHOLE HEARTEDLY go after and destroy any terrorist factions that would either operate within it's borders or aquire resources from dealings with it's economy MUST be removed and replaced with more democratic ones that will. Turning a blind eye to the mechanations of these groups is simply no longer tolerable.

Also, don't think for a moment that even though the politically-correct media keeps referring to these groups in Iraq as "insurgents" (probably in an attempt to keep themselves from becoming more active targets) it is not in fact what they are. They are terrorists, plain and simple.
Anyone that hangs the decapitated corpses of non-military innocents from bridges in an attempt to disuade others is a TERRORIST.

Now, my mouth is running over and I'll stop at this point.
Thanks for letting me spit this out... sometimes I need to air things out.

LOL!
Happy Gaming,
--Orv
(Ex-Navy btw.)
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 AM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
What? I am saying the terrorists. The US is
o okay lol ... i thought u meant the us.