Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-22-2016, 09:35 PM
lorentedford is offline lorentedford

Needing help (What is the protocol between DFBHD pinger and the server)

Greetings we are looking for either the original source code of Delta Force Black Hawk Down Pinger.. Or some information on the protocol or exchange that occurs during the nova ping..

Its the protocol is different than a icmp ping.. This information would be very valuable to the continuation of our project..

If your afraid to put the information out here in the public please email us at support@Ltcraft.net or loren@lorentedford.com

Thank you so much!
~Loren

If your a Novologic employee please contact me I would love to try and help continue the game naturally if possible if their is anything we can do to assist you guys in keeping this game lobby and servers alive we would love to assist in anyway we can..
Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Use a program like wireshark to inspect the packet Pinger sends to the game server. You'll notice a static packet that is sent with every request, which is the hello packet. The game server will respond with a byte mask that contains the game information.

What project are you working on?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-23-2016, 01:25 PM
lorentedford is offline lorentedford

We have done many packet captures and still have not figured out exactly what the command was that says that hello.. http://ltcraft.net/bhddownloads/novaping.pcapng

We are also curious as to how the nova key is generated.. We figured out that dfbhdpinger seems to know what the ip is from the key so we are searching through all the binary decoders we can think of to reverse this.

The project i am working on is basically allowing for a static page to displayed via one of our online servers allowing users to enter ips of servers through the forums.. When some one joins in the game and wishes to click on a multiplayer server the object is to have a fresh list.. This we think would be useful if the pinger was down.. Of course mainly i am doing this for my self and a few close friends but as far as the rest of the world they are either with us or not we don't really mind either way.... Do you happen to have the source code to dfbhdpinger? if so we would like to take a look at it and see if we can fix some of the issues with it and further the work..

We would have to modify of course our end because we run Nethserver and its basically Centos 6.8 server and would have to replicated it their using either linux based command line tools or using php etc.. Some thing we have thought about doing if we could figure out more of the information etc.. is doing server uptime statistics etc.. so lets say you get in the game go to multiplaer click join it grabs the latest information during that split second it would refresh the statistics so if your server was down it would then some how be logged probably using a mysql data base etc.. This could then be pulled up on a secondary page through our webpage etc.. I don't think this is going to be a closed source project either.. I have a feeling we will be opening it up on github or some thing like this so more people could do the same things.. Maybe we can modify the join page and link to other web-severs etc.. The idea is that we are taking all points of failure out of the picture by spreading it around..

Also if we can figure out the key and the data packet that is sent or (hello) packet we wouldn't need to install third party software on a computer thus making it safer and cleaner.. during an installation..

Last edited by lorentedford; 08-23-2016 at 01:38 PM.