Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

eek the scariest moment of ur life?

Well what is every1's?

mine would be 2 years ago when we had really bad thunder and lightning here in the UK over the summer i was in the kitchen getting a drink after watching the lighjtning out of my window for abit when suddenly lightning hit the house infront of me and this big purple flash and loud sound (like a bomb) happened and straight away everything in the house that was electrical was in someway screwed.. all the alarms went off my cat went mad (running in circles at 50mph.. ) and worst of all i was all alone at the house with no power, no phone for another 3 hours . So was frightening for me since it was about 15 meters away and the thought of what happened if it hit my house thing..
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

when i was walking on a wet raling at school for the hell of it..i slipt..and on the way down .. in like a split second . i was like "im not having kids" .. but then my knee cought it and i fell on my shoulder....that was pretty scary ....
Old 03-11-2005, 05:40 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Was involved in an emergency landing and then missed a flight to find out the plane blew up.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ahaha, I went back packing on this mountain in the spring.
We crossed this river early in the morning and came back to cross it later that day and the river had grown really huge and was foaming white.
We had to cross it and I almost slipped an fell in. Another kid behind me did fall in but someone caught him just in time.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
no clu, only thing i remember is at school was rock climbing trip, i slipped, something wasnt right, it wasnt stopping me falling, so i tried to grab one of the bits, just got it, was pretty scary

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Waking up in the hospital after being unconcious for many hours. Then learned to hear my best friend was dead. Car accident. He was driving my car because I was to f'ed up to drive. The only reason we were on the road is because I was 17 he was 22 and we liked girls. I had just set him up with my girlfriends best friend that night. Well another buddy of mine had a party that night. I was in charge of getting all the alchohol. Got that taken care of with no prob. Then set it up with the the girls to come. Got that with no problem. Well, the girls got dropped off at my buddies house right? well, I wasn't planning on driving anywhere that night after I started to drink. Anyways, after many hours of drinking, smoking pot and 14 zanax, me and my girl got into an arguement about me being too f'ed up. Well she wanted to go home. It was early in the morning (like 1:30 am) and she couldn't find a ride so her and her friend were talking about finding another (some friend of a friend) to come get them and take them home. Well after two years of serious relationship with this girl, I refused her idea. I didn't know this guy from Adam. My buddy said forget lets take them and come back. Well by that point I was already so upset we had been fighting I wasn't quite myself. I said f it. I'll drive. So, the four of us went out to the car. I pulled the keys out of my pocket and I was so f'ed up I couldn't even get the key in the hole. My buddy said dude, let me drive. I said cool. I hopped in the back seet with my girlfriend and basically cried all the way to her house because we broke it off for good. I was ruined. I was so inlove but we just couldn't make thing work. Anyway. We got the girls dropped off. I jumped in the front and we went on our way back to the party. (planning on crashing there). We turned on some Tora Tora and kicked back. I was upset but was toughing it out. We got up to about 70 mph in a 35 I might add. We got to talking and totally missed a stop sign. We went through an interesection at 70 mph and hit an 8 foot dirt embankment. After the impact everything went black. I remember waking up a couple time, in and out of conciousness. I saw my firend wrapped around the steering wheel lifeless. We sat there in that car until around 6am rush hour traffic started. Someone finally saw the car and called it in. We were airlifted to the regional medical center where he was pronounced dead and I was in serious condition. After the moments of seeing him, the blood and the going through the schock of it all I went black one last time for several hours. Then I woke up, my family was there and another great friend. The first words I heard were, you look like sh*t, heh. The first thing I asked was were was Todd. My dead friend. That was the scarriest momment in my life. Why him and not me? Why not both of us? Why either one on us? I was f'ed up for a long time after that. I lost my girl and a best friend and almost my life all in a matter of hours.

Don't do drugs, don't drink and drive and always have a safe way to get your girl home no matter the condition.

-troj

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
I'm not too sure, I would have to think on this one. The only one I can think of now is when I was at the beach. I was swimming with a friend and got caught in a rip tide. I was getting sucked out to see when I looked back and about 20-30 ft away I saw some fins in the water. I swam like hell. Didn't think I would make it back in without a boat out there to get me. I beat the rip tide and came to find out about 20 minutes later that the fins were just dolphins lol. I have to admit though, those dolphins scared me.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
That's a tough one. It's kind of a tie.

First would be I was washing my dirtbike and took it out for a spin on the street to dry it off and get any water out of the exhaust. I do this every time I wash it. So I'm flying down the street, turn around, come flying back and my hat starts to fly off. At this moment I'm coming to a slight curve which I must navigate. Stupid me, I reach up for my hat, and at that moment I lost control, went into a deep left turn, high sided (where the bike is perpendicular to the direction you were going), which threw me, then the bike into the air. Mind you I'm hauling major ass here...I had jeans and a tshirt on. No gloves, no helmet. I'm in the air thinking "Holy sh*t, I'm gonna die slamming into the pavement. Thankfully I'm a good enough rider that my body automatically tucked so I landed on my shoulder, but then I slid and rolled about 10 feet, effectively scraping off both my palms, forearms, and knees. As I was slowing down (on my back), I look up, and there's my beautiful bike (which has since hit twice) in the air, coming down on me. I moved and managed to only get my leg hit.

Second, when I had back surgery. It was delicate spinal cord stuff where the doc had to clean out some fat from inside the spine. I was so scared that I was going to die, or worse, wake up paralyzed. When I woke up, I was in so much pain, but at least I was alive and could move everything. One thing I didn't like was the catheter. OWEEEE. I just want to know what sweetheart fainted when installing it, hehehe.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:45 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

I was wading on a boat launch as a young child of 5. It was a concrete ramp that led out in to the lake. I had several of my cousins with me and we were throwing a ball aound to each other . It flew over my cousins head and we raced off to see who could get it 1st . It was just to the side of the ramp down the bank but as soon a s I stepped off of it I sank way down...straight down.. I couldnt tell which way was up or which way to go . I decided to just sink all the way to the bottom and then walk out , since I knew I couldn't swim. I got to the bottom and grabbed with my hands and kicked with my feet untill I made it to the shoreline. Everyone was screaming when I came out of the water..I think that scared me more than the water did! I had stepped in to a 12 foot wash out from the overflow of water that previous season. I learned to swim later that summer , it never troubled me...just scared me knowing I couldn't swim. Now I blast 10 inch shoals at 30MPH in my river boat ! Skinny water that makes you pucker up your butt cheeks and grit your teeth!
<:{{{}}}><

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

would have 2 be getting in a gunfight in the dark when you go outside to try to figure out who is out there cause you hear footsteps at 3:00 in the morning. scared me s#$tless.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:56 AM
ks.gu is offline ks.gu

two weeks ago when i got in a car wreck and wound up doing a 360 in mid air for a good ways and missing a telephone pole by 6 inches. lol
Old 03-12-2005, 04:31 AM
NaughtyPerry is offline NaughtyPerry
Banned

the first time i saw a picture of tecoma2 lol...

na jk, it was when i fell off a motorbike at 70mph on a duel carriage way... all i did tho was graze my arm... i was damn lucky
Old 03-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hype
the first time i saw a picture of tecoma2 lol...
whats that ment to mean fool heh
Scariest moment of my life?... mmm... need to think... nothing really, maybe when a ride broke down in alton towers and was stook hanging for 20 mins or so (for you in uk who have been there it was the ride Air, and was the bit when ur facing the sky), it just stopped randomaly . Btw, alton towers is a famous theme park in the UK
Old 03-13-2005, 04:56 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek

This is simple for me, the first time someone shot at me when I was in the army!

Regards
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
=============scary of the unknown===============
my would be when i was in the US-Army been going around 3rd world country's, at this time i was station in Germany (Feb-1987) was told by a doctor (US-Army Col brown) i have TB, (think i got in South-Korea 1982-1983) anyway it was not fully blown it was residue only in my lungs.

i been told i can never give blood do to if they test it would show up and it be a waste of time (blood be trash anyway) will can never take the test for it now and take X-ray of my chest every year to double check my stats on the TB.

it was scary as hell it like fighting the air you breath there no then to hit or fight back at all, disease's you can't see, hear, smell, it really hard to think you can catch something like this at all and some one out of the blue tell you that you have something that can kill you. there no cure for it at all, only a pill that will cover the egg's with a shell covering to make it stay dormant so it never be come active. 90days taking pills every days. i have to say i was unhappy about it and scary thing in my whole life.
=================Not so scary=================
i was in the US-Army training for my job on a live fire range people shotting over your head some jerk think it was funny to shot between me and the Drill instructor. will he got booted out of the US-Army i really did not even notice it at all heard some pitting sound of the M60 hitting the ground and Drill instructor yell out don't move all stay still. on the hill behind us they was jumping the guy who was shotting at us all, whole squad live fire range. i under stand they don't have this type training no more. (Aug/1977)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-13-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:18 AM
retarfd is offline retarfd

my scaryest moment was when my wife was pregnant and in the mid term she had complications and had to be in the
hospital for a week and i was so scared for her and my son.

but they both pulled out of it and i still love them to this day. he just turned 7.
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

JEALOUS? U SHOULD BE MINES BETTER
Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Almost getting my hand ripped off by a pitbull terrier. Instead, I went away from that dangerous animal and got a hole punctured STRIGHT through my hand by a jack russel.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ouch...I would have killed that dog.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
That would have hurt.

.heh, ot gninetsil era uoy tahw wonk I teb I, ?tnorf pus

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

I came close to picking up a handful of rocks and pegging them at the stupid mutt...but as you could imagine, blood was pouring everywhere, all over my white shirt and shorts. It was a while ago, so the mark is basically a scar on both sides of my left hand near my pinky finger. Should have seen it, I could see the ground through the hole aswell as some wierd fleshy stuff...yeeek....gives me shivers just remembering what it looked like.. I bet that dog has a taste for blood now!