Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 11-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
eek Windows Xp can't use Cd-writer ?drivers

I had to search for new Drivers for my Cd-Writer the gateway Mfg and windows update site did not have them to download and instill at all, in all place's? one had it lmfao thinking about it, never in my dream i would think they have it. www.cnet.com in the download area do a search for you type of driver you need my was ATAPI for Windows Xp found it and can use the Cd-Writer again. Type of Cd-writer model: CED8083B its was dose base now OEM.
wwwlge.com the maker of the Cd-writer did not have it ether lol

If your Windows can't read Cd-RW OR Using your Cd-Writer at all under Windows Xp Family then try this, its as easy as 1,2,3 thats it instill it then reboot backup and now use your Cd-Writer in windows Xp Family. link take you right to it on Cnet.com
"ATAPI Drivers for Cd-Writers under Windows Xp & Windows Xp Pro (OEM)"
save me money on getting a new Cd-writer passing this info for other's who like to use thier Old Cd-writer again under new windows Xp & windows Xp OEM base system again
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-27-2003 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:55 AM
Chief ADFP

Smile

If you upgraded you Pc from a older windows system to Windows Xp Family (Windows Xp or Windows Xp Pro) and you finding you can't use some of your hardware do to it don't see the drivers for it.

Will here a great place i found and will get the drivers you need a plus they have a item that help to keep the drivers up to date.

Link (click-on Banner) below:

you do need to signup to their site to download the drivers you need and all items for download have a trick to stop others from leeching on their files.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
my cd/rw and dvd drives dont need drivers :/ weird
Old 11-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Chief ADFP

yea something happen when i upgraded from Windows Me to Windows Xp Pro the system no longer seen the Cd-writer as a writer at all? i instill Roxio Easy Cd Writer Patinum 5 in got a error it could not see any drive that support it, anyway i got the drivers for it and its writeing good again. yea i know that my D/DVD drive works good with Windows Xp pro to. but it is a good place to look for updated Drivers for your hardware and software my mouse it says there is a new driver for it.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:41 AM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

chief i think the prob was with easy cd creator m8 not your drives.
for easy cd 5 you do need a compatibility patch for xp
Old 11-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Chief ADFP

Roxio: Easy Cd Writer Patinum 5
they only do patch for their software and not by windows type like other software Mfg do. before i upgraded to Windows Xp it work great with Windows Me but after will it got lost the drivers it had was no good and Roxio: Easy Cd Writer Patinum 5 was updated before i upgraded to Windows Xp.

when i upgraded it to Windows Xp Pro. it grand father in the other programs in did not wipe out the hard drive at all or reformated it. only remove windows Me and replace it in with Windows Xp pro. so my other programs i already had in it stay as is did not have to restill all the programs back in, there was a message as it was instill windows Xp Pro that Roxio: Easy Cd Writer Patinum 5 & Goback 3 deluxe is not compatable with it at all.

i did get the new drivers for the Cd-Writer it fix everthing back as it was before i upgraded it. running like new again.
Cd-writer Pn# LG CED8083B others have the same trouble with it as for the upgrade gose.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-30-2003 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Chief ADFP

will i gave in call LG Electronics.Inc the tech told me the firmware update for CED-8083B the Cd-Writer only work temp Windows Xp will see it some time and some times not see it, it the new Windows Xp serials they try to get Microsoft to do a update for it and make their Driver be enable they did no then at all, so i had to go by a new Cd-writer i got the 2nd best Cd-writer there is listed: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...,110332,00.asp

and it turn out tobe LG Electronics.Inc brand GCE-8520B man it great Walmart did have it for 64.00 its on sale for 43.00 now. working really good really good.

All hardware and software are working great now. got more software to instill funny thing DF1 is working really good for Windows Xp pro

LG Electronics.Inc
CED-8083B only works for: Windows 98,98SE,Me only.
GCE-8520B Works for: 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, Xp, Workstation Nt4,

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-20-2003 at 09:32 PM.