Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:55 AM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Confused Web Easy 6, is it a good program?

I am thinking about buying Web Easy 6, to make my own website to post my maps on. Has anyone used it? Is it a good program? Will it make a site where I can post my maps with a download button for each of them?

I appreciate any input.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
there is quite a few progs that are called Web Easy so you would have to be more specific.

tbh it depends on what your needs are, if you just want a simple site for adding your maps to then it would probably be ok.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:13 AM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

I do not plan on making a site as detailed as this one. I just would like a site with good quality graphics, maybe even some simple Flash graphics, with the ability to change or update the site easily. I plan on using it simply to post my maps, and screenshots, with a download button for those who would like to download maps. Mainly because I thought it would be nice to make use of the website space that came with my Cable Internet.

The program Web Easy 6 that I was asking about is made by Avanquest __USA. Cannot say that I have heard of that company before, but I have not looked for this kind of software before either. It is sold at STAPLES Office Supply, but the website is:

http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/prod.php?pid=1118

I have looked at several, and Dream Weaver is way out of my price range, so I am looking at those under $100. Not one of them mentions that their product creates download buttons for .zip files, or is that such a common feature that they do not mention it in their adds? I do not want to buy something and then find out it cannot create the type of site I would like to make.

Thanks for your input,

Old 02-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

regarding the link to zip, it's just simple coding, software doesnt really need any specific attachment or feature for this to happen.

you would just have an object like a picture or just text, then (i guess with this software) you would just click on it to select, then just point to to where the file is stored. it would prolly take a few seconds for you to do, so pretty damn easy, even for a non web coder like me

i was trying to remember a piece of software that was very good and free. it was the equivalent of Open Office compaired to MS Office, i.e. free but very similar. i bet someone around here knows about it. i'll keep trying to remember though and ger back if i know.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

actually i think it's this one: http://www.nvu.com/