Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:39 AM
SSBUILD is offline SSBUILD

Very good point, were currently looking into setting up a fully public forum that is not linked or connected to our site information. Keep an eye out it will be coming soon.
Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 05:29 PM

There is now a open access forum available for anyone not wishing to register at this time.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 02:55 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
Nuke. One word ruins it all for me, Yes I'm mr. pessimistic but i never stay on or go near sites that have Nuke or phpBB... more so nuke. If your starting a professional company like this you *should* be able to afford a custom made site that looks professional and isnt something any schmuck can download and use (the reason i say this is because if you paid for a design/coding then your customer would be more like 'hey, he paid for this... he probably wont be goin anywhere anytime soon' where as nuke the themes are free and anyone can do it.

Security issues? The internet is a security issue. What member information is *so* secure that a potential customer would not be allowed to post on the forum because of said security flaws. If you host a website, everythings public unless its got some nice protection on (nuke isnt nice protection).

I think a hosting company should be quick and to the point if they expect customers. The menus have WAY to many links on them and should be compacted somehow (dhtml menus possibly). Dark themes dont generally work for hosting companies either, something thats eye catching and easy to navigate is the way to go.

Ok now ill be nice

The idea is good but you REALLY need to get this out of nuke and into its own coding.

Having a professional looking site is one thing that makes me come back and look through it. If its dark, hard to read, the banners nearly illegible, or the page is flooded with useless stats information, then i dont go back. Period.

Regards,
Josh

PS > Not trying to be an a**. Just giving some constructive criticism.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
heh

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
0utbreak is offline 0utbreak

Wat im curious on is do you guys only use PHP-Nuke or do you Code the sites and make it all custom work from the Theme to the Pages? i know that alot of people like nuke me personaly though i hate it id rather make my own theme and site then stick with nuke all the time. i mean if im gonna pay for a website to be made i would like it to be Custom not a nuke site with things added or changed. and also maybe a variety of Forums such as IPB or sumthin like that not everyone likes the basic nuke phpbb forums i know i dont.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:47 AM

Can do pretty much anything someone likes from basic html pages to full blown all customized flash sites. The price will of course go up for anything added on or changed. Keeping it simple nuke sites, is what project is based on for startup. Primary focus is to allow people or small teams that cant afford it or dont know how to do any type of sites the oppurtunity to get hosting, the site, stats and whatever else they need all at one place for simplicity.
There are a ton of places that offer other scripting and full customization around and we have a couple places ourselves that do. We can do custom or anything someone wants. The packages are set up just to be that PACKAGES that are cheap and offer whats needed. Custom work can still be done in any language, style, format, or variation including custom scripting, custom themeing or your own custom language.
Thanks
SSB
Old 03-07-2005, 05:27 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
Then why not have your own custom site?

Old 03-07-2005, 05:48 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
ELITE; please read the rules.

Quote:
Links to sites where you gain points for clicks also known as 'cyber army's' are not allowed in any topic, or in your signature. Links to ad servers or displaying ad's on this site to make a profit is also not allowed. 1 warning, after that you will be banned.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:35 PM

Actually BeBop myself and also a couple of the pple working with me on this do have custom sites and also do custom work. That is a whole different area of work. Were doing this to offer as much as possible for as little as possible moneywise and just make enough to keep the operation going. All of us involved just like the folks here at NovaHq are all gamers and primarily do it for love of games and gameing. Were putting all this up and offering all the support at just the cost of covering costs to operate it. Im aware that their are a lot of people that do not like NUke and for them custom is the way to go. But their are thousands of people that have no problem with it and dont mind using it. For people just learning to deal with sites and being admins its the easiest way to go and for people to learn.
Anyways, everyone have a good day eh.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I hear ya SSBUILD. Keep the game alive.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

For other people you host its fine, i guess its a good thing for new admins etc.... but for YOUR site... is what i was talking about.

Regards

Old 03-08-2005, 04:03 AM

I understand completely. On my other sites I do. But for this we wanted to show and use the same things we are going to be offering for people to us. So they can say, hey I want that so and so just like that on your one page.....etc....
Thanks for the feedback though. Yall have helped out quite a bit. Also if anyone sees some gameing sites around and or know of some kewl stuff on sites give us a shout and well see if its shareware or can get authhorization to use it or share it with others as well.
D
Old 03-08-2005, 04:03 AM

I understand completely. On my other sites I do. But for this we wanted to show and use the same things we are going to be offering for people to us. So they can say, hey I want that so and so just like that on your one page.....etc....
Thanks for the feedback though. Yall have helped out quite a bit. Also if anyone sees some gameing sites around and or know of some kewl stuff on sites give us a shout and well see if its shareware or can get authhorization to use it or share it with others as well.
D
Old 03-08-2005, 06:28 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
ELITE; please read the rules.
what it was a game? sry anyways i didn't know games were not allowed