Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:47 PM
PMCKAY is offline PMCKAY

Map request.

Gentlemen,

My name is Peter McKay, I'm a Computer Connect Lab instructor for the City of Fresno, Parks and Recreation. One of the games we play in our Connect Club is, of course, Black Hawk Down with the Team Sabre add-on. I am slowly learning map making but it has been a hit and miss deal for me; I'm more of an administrator than a gamer although I do play.

Our Connect Club consists of 10 (currently) members age 13 to 17, each have their own copy of Black Hawk Down and Team Sabre, which was purchased from amazon.com with my city expense account. Membership in this club is a reward, either for extended community service or for academic achievements. When each new member petitions to join they are screened and once accepted receive their software. We commonly play either TDM or DM, 4-on-4 through a LAN conncetion although other scenarios are sometimes played. We've been doing this for about 18 months.

I'd like to ask for a map to be made, now maybe there is a special string for such requests, if there is please allow me this one indulgence.

The map I'm looking for is a Team Sabre map, based on the Oakland (California) Port of Entry. There would be a couple of ships docked, with at least deck access. Of course there would be a large number of cranes (read: sniper perches), container loading vehicles and at least one medium sized warehouse. I would like some armed ships crew members that would need to be killed to access on particular freighter. It would have deck guns and booby traps, with the deck crew carrying small arms. If you need an idea of the area check out Google Earth of the Oakland Port of Entry. The area should be small enough for our 4-on-4 play with the ability to spread out a bit.

The objective is to take the freighter and find a container with a WMD device. The device could be disarmed the same way you would taking over a PSP. The idea is to take and hold the freighter for a predetermined period of time. This could be a TDM or just a DM type game, my knowledge of the best type is limited but it should be playable as a TDM/DM.

Anyone that could help out would have my appreciation.

Thanks,

Last edited by Scott; 10-19-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sorry you asking member to stage a area in a map to a real location in based on the Oakland (California) Port of Entry

sorry thats be like make a map of a area for terrorist to try in the game vs real life to plain out a attack....

i know its a game but thats be going over broad to me.

leave this for admin to take up see what they think of it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Since the map editor only allows objects already in the game to be used, there's no way you can import custom objects to make it resemble Oakland Port of entry exactly. I don't have DFBHD:TS installed right now but for me this could take a couple week's worth of work, but that's only if I work when I'm bored.

I don't think we can make TDM/DM as intricate as you wanted it to be in your description such as AI guards and hostages, but it is possible I just think AI is out of place. The layout design of the map can be done, improvising with objects make the design of the map limited only by your imagination.

but I don't have the game installed right now, but after a while working with the editor and looking at other members' maps you can get better with the Mission Editor and make whatever kind of map you want.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
PMCKAY is offline PMCKAY

William, I appreciate your concern but what you're suggesting amounts to nothing more than flying in Microsoft's Flight Simulator in New York around tall buildings would be to planning another 9/11. I'm not going to belittle your concerns but that's not at all where I was going. The term "based on" should have been considered a bit more realistically. Since the Port Authority of Oakland, as well as Long Beach and any other for that matter, have ever-changing security involvements that could not possibly be included in any video game, it wouldn't be possible for this the be a precursor to a real world terrorist act. All of the rest is just better left as conspiracy theory.

To the other poster: I have found a couple of maps that are close we will try out this Friday. In then end I believe the only real way that I'm going to play the port map I have in mind it to actually create it myself. I had thought these forums were more active, had I actually read in more detail first I would have waited on my request and contacted an individual map-maker with my idea.

Thanks to all who viewed, but I'll look for another solution.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
np
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
That reminds me about how I got expelled from school, they found out I work with the MED in Joint Ops and the Principal and Vice Principal assumed I would make a map based on the school, and of course go on a shooting spree.

I never planned on killing people but running through the school with a gun firing in the air sure would be a blast.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 10-19-2008, 10:30 PM
PMCKAY is offline PMCKAY

I'm an avid airsoft player (at age 50) and we've had a few demonstrations at my community center of the weapons involved in the sport and the gear we wear. When we do something like that we always have the Police present and involved, even then there are some worried looks as we carry gun case after gun case, dressed in para-military uniforms and looking like SWAT. Last year we got to play the MOUT Center at the old Ft. Ord, that was outstanding. Some of the area's players are under age, and while California has the strictest laws regarding assault weapons a few of these guys will try to take their guns to school or here to the Community Center without permission. We have to treat all gun sightings as real, and it's a rude awakening sometimes when either a uniformed officer or a certified rec leader has to draw down on these kids. This is one of the reasons I got my group involved in milsim games like BHD. That, and some just cannot afford the several hundred (to several thousands) of dollars it takes to play airsoft.