Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 02-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Wow...

Okay, WTF is going on with my burnt BHD CD?

I have a backup right? And it's a Sony Supremsa CD, and it's a very good brand of CD.

My CD-ROM drive is one motherfooking killer. Usually it doesn't do much scratches but it's capable of killing discs...

I've used the disc so many times and you can hardly see anything scratched up... only the odd fingerprint...

Now when I put the CD in, the CD-ROM drive can't bloody read it! Other CDs that are badly scratched up work...

I cleaned the CD using soft as tissue rubbing from inside to out rather than the dangerous circular motion and I even used my saliva!

Now... the good thing is, just when I started typing up this thread, one minute after the CD was in the drive, the autorun HAS FINALLY CAME UP!

But still, it pissed me off because if the CD ever works, it's gonna take a long time. I bet you if I take it out and put it back in it might not go at all!

The only time when a flash CD ever screwed up at home was ages ages ages ago when my brother's Red Alert CD wouldn't go and years later he found a little piece of blu-tac stuck to the very middle area...

I checked my CD and there's no blu-tac or any of that crap...

And please don't tell me to get a commercial CD cleaner thing in town or something lol. Any advice would be great though...

But when a CD doesn't work I do use saliva and it does work...

It must be an alternative to the Meth Spirits...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
burn off another back-cd and take a lighter burn it in a small area so no one can use it (1st backup Cd) or tell what it is.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-04-2007, 11:53 PM

So you're telling me to make another backup and use a lighter and burn my current backup?

Dude...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

You never cease to amaze, chief.

The same thing happened with my Conquerors disc. It was fairly scratched and such, and everytime i put it into the drive, the drive would whir and whir and whir like no tomorrow. What i did to solve this was that i removed the disc, rubbed the data side with my shirt and threw it back in the drive. I kept doing this until i was able to load the game up.

Individual results may vary...
Old 02-05-2007, 12:02 AM

Saliva tends to be very good for CDs in my opinion; not to sound sick though... I don't actually do a big snort and fire right on the data but I release some spit onto my fingers and yeah...

That was too graphic so sorry...

Chris
Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
chris

after you burn a new backup copy of the disk, take the use bad backup cd and burn it with a lighter so it can't be use then trash it.

thats what i do all the time.

the deal on making a backup copy is so the real cd don't get use a lot and stay in good shape.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-05-2007, 12:10 AM

I get what you mean... and having two backups is against Nova's gay agreement lol...

I'd keep the first backup just incase... and to be honest, I would keep it in the house somewhere where it's hard to find, and mum would be clueless what it is... and my brother? He doesn't give a damn about it and therefore won't lay a finger on it...

Chris