Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:29 AM
ÍñÐøM¡Ñ士§WM» is offline ÍñÐøM¡Ñ士§WM»

The update to 1.2.0.4 seems to have fixed the punt problem... The patching of DF:BHD wouldn't affect your other games in anyway.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:05 AM
MattUSMC67 is offline MattUSMC67

Since the new patch I have been getting punted from Nova World servers about every 15 to 30mins This has never happened before. It could be do to the amount of ppl trying to get into the Nova servers since there are only 5 of them now but I dont know.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by JimDirt
ok i got the prob solved on my Sys Dump the............ 43.45_win98........Nvidia driver fixed the lock up and Sys Dump,, thanks to the info post by...chief-ADFP...saved me some heartache, thought i had the latest drivers till i read his post
Glade it help you out always happy.
thanks any day guy
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-26-2003, 08:02 AM
McGrath DFS is offline McGrath DFS

After the game server has ran for several days with out a reboot the game will stop loading maps.

After a reboot it will run again for a few days and then the same result.

ALSO since the 1.2.0.4 update the lag and ping times is rediculious for some players not all.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:27 AM
H͆MÅÑ«§WM» is offline H͆MÅÑ«§WM»

I too have had that problem! My server will run for a time then hop out to the server config screen. I think it is a memory leak, but I don't know what exactly is causing it. When I just click start instead of rebooting first I get a small message stating not enough memory. But its really fast (the message.)

Also: Has anyone else had issues with the claymores "changing sides?" I have noticed that every once-in-a-while I'll strut past a corner at a distance (so as to not get a face full of shrapnel lol) and see some enemies clay only come back a few minutes later and see the clay glowing as if my team had placed it, but the second I walk near it it blows me another oriface! Any ideas? BTW Team clays are set properly.

The only thing grotesquely wrong with Humanity is the Humans...
Old 04-26-2003, 09:40 AM
TGIF is offline TGIF

Nova Blows

just like to say the online play of the new release BLOWS....

nothing but problems... nova needed another 6 months
Old 04-29-2003, 04:35 PM
sob is offline sob

Hitman I have the same problem with my server and no-one has been able to help me!! If find out something please let me know.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:49 AM
Hades is offline Hades

Send a message via ICQ to Hades
The server issue.
I believe that the problem with your server is the No-CD that you're using. I had the same problem and then when I changed over to a self-coded No-cd it started working fine. Bump up to the 1.2.1.x NoCD and see if that fixes your problem.

The Clays issue.
It happens and here's my thought, one word. Geh.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:36 PM
sob is offline sob

Was it the No-CD from dfhq??
Old 05-01-2003, 05:05 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter

Quote:
Also: Has anyone else had issues with the claymores "changing sides?" I have noticed that every once-in-a-while I'll strut past a corner at a distance (so as to not get a face full of shrapnel lol) and see some enemies clay only come back a few minutes later and see the clay glowing as if my team had placed it, but the second I walk near it it blows me another oriface! Any ideas? BTW Team clays are set properly.
you see it clay glowing thats a warning to you and all your teamates stay away it can kill you also

as for the claymore live with it in real war if i was on the other side i seen that claymore you think i not going to turn it around back on you hell yea you bet your char-life on it.
and the claymore has no eye's to see it kills all its really don't care who it blows up on its a mine user option tripwire/clacker
(clacker is a generator one use to send a charge to blow it up about 3vot that is wireup to a remote loacation)

and their is a option now i understand you can set the claymore to kill teamate's now its i beleave is in the host option (NL- server are enable)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 05-01-2003 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:42 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
you see it clay glowing thats a warning to you and all your teamates stay away it can kill you also

as for the claymore live with it in real war if i was on the other side i seen that claymore you think i not going to turn it around back on you hell yea you bet your char-life on it.
and the claymore has no eye's to see it kills all its really don't care who it blows up on its a mine user option tripwire/clacker
(clacker is a generator one use to send a charge to blow it up about 3vot that is wireup to a remote loacation)

and their is a option now i understand you can set the claymore to kill teamate's now its i beleave is in the host option (NL- server are enable)
Hey Chief, read the last sentence in the post you quoted. Team clays kill properly. He's not comlaining about team kills. And as far as all that about the glow is there to warn your team nonsense, why don't rifles, grenades, satchel charges, shotguns, and pistols glow? They can kill your team too. And also, I should point out this isn't "real war". In real war, if a claymore's glowing it's doing so just as it explodes and rips you a new ass.

The thing is, we KNOW the glowing is a warning to stay away, but it's also a warning that it's friendly. Nine times out of ten, if a clay doesn't glow, it's from the other team. The other one out of ten times, if it glows and still kills you, it is ALWAYS belonging to the other team. I hope you understand this time, as I've posted on this what seems to be a zillion times.

This is the fifth Delta Force game for pc. In the previous four, there was no glow, and no problem. Nova should either A) take the glow out all together, so you have to assume ALL clays will kill you, or B) Fix it ,so you know FOR SURE, that if a clay is glowing it will NOT KILL YOU.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:05 PM

I have emailed Nova 3 times about this problem they finally sent me an email today saying they are working on it.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Koty is offline Koty

I'm having a problem with my keyboard remap and loadout not saving, It will work fine untill i close the game, then the next time i go to play i have to remap the keyboard and change my loadout again, this happens everytime i want to play the game. I've emailed nova a few times and still no response. Anyone know what might be wrong?
Old 07-01-2003, 04:32 AM
Worm is offline Worm

Send a message via ICQ to Worm
Quote:
Originally posted by Koty
I'm having a problem with my keyboard remap and loadout not saving, It will work fine untill i close the game, then the next time i go to play i have to remap the keyboard and change my loadout again, this happens everytime i want to play the game. I've emailed nova a few times and still no response. Anyone know what might be wrong?
Sounds to me like you've got a corrupt file somewhere which would best be fixed by reinstalling the game. As a workaround though, what you could do is to remap as usual, launch the game and then Alt+Tab to go back to the desktop. Then open Explorer and navigate to the BHD directory and make a copy of the file called DVPLR.SAV. You can drag and drop it to the desktop using right mouse button > choose "Copy here" from the context menu for example. That file contains all your settings. Then, before you start the game the next time, drag and drop that file into the BHD directory and choose to overwrite the existing file.

Alternatively, follow the same steps to make a copy of the dvplr.sav file, but uninstall, delete the BHD folder via Windows Explorer and then reinstall the game instead. The dvplr.sav file will be created the first time you launch a game. You can then overwrite it in the same way if the problem hasn't been fixed by reinstalling.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:58 AM
Koty is offline Koty

I tried reinstalling a few times and that didnt work. I'll try copying that file and see if that works, thanks.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Koty is offline Koty

There isnt a file named dvplr.sav but there is one named dfvplr.sav, i tried doing it with that file and it didnt do anything.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:01 PM
SATCON1 is offline SATCON1

Is anyone else getting a Winsock Error when trying to update the game?

When using the Options page, when first starting the game, I tried using the Update Game button and received an error:

"WS_ERR: unknown winsock error"
"Please repair and try again"

I've tried doing some research on the problem, or other people having the problem, and I can't find anything. Help with this issue would be much appreciated.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:29 AM
77 is offline 77

I to have this same problem! somtimes it stops ejecting me from the game after 2 or 3 times but sometimes it keeps doing it! does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thx, 77
Old 07-13-2003, 10:27 AM
SATCON1 is offline SATCON1

Are you talking about the Winsock error...or the SysDump error? I finally saw that one last night. Talk about annoying. If its the Sysdump error, Novalogic says it may be due to a bad Direct X installation/configuration; if you think this is the case you can re-run the Direct X installer at microsoft.com. I believe I get it every now and then because I do not have the proper graphics card for the game. What graphics card are you using?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:21 PM

I doubt that the sys dump error is because of a bad direct X install because every other game I play on my comp runs fine. I think these are Nova game problems.