Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
MarineSnip3r is offline MarineSnip3r

Important Coop & SP Map creating

Hi. I know how to make a DM, TD, TKOTH, etc. map, but i dont know how to make a Coop or a single player map. If anyone can tell me how, or if anyone knows a link to a good tutorial I'd appreciate it very much. I use NILE version 0.85 btw.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

NILE version 0.85..??
Consider using the MED, life is a lot easier,
perist in Nile then goto http://www.nile.ecalpon.com
for godfathers advice, but it's mostley JO

M
Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
FITE-COMMANDER is offline FITE-COMMANDER

yea ill help you out. go to this link and on the left side where it reads video/tutrials look at my videos. There are about 4 videos on makein coop maps. They are about 3 mintues long. http://fiteclan.com/games/
Old 05-08-2008, 07:55 PM

okay thanks a lot!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
FITE-COMMANDER is offline FITE-COMMANDER

Quote:
Originally posted by FITE-COMMANDER
yea ill help you out. go to this link and on the left side where it reads video/tutrials look at my videos. There are about 4 videos on makein coop maps. They are about 3 mintues long. http://fiteclan.com/games/
Im always on Ventrilo and i always check the forums.So if you need help let me know. Im on the internet everyday and for many hours.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 PM

okay thanks guys. For now, i wanna just stick with missions where you have to kill bots then when youve killed them all, the mission is over, and that tutorial is more for in-depth stuff. If anyone knows how to do just that, id appreciate just typing a reply with some basic steps, then i can figure it out.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
carpe diem
Unregistered

Important For:MARINESNIP3R-COOP/SP MAPS

okay thanks guys. For now, i wanna just stick with missions where you have to kill bots then when youve killed them all, the mission is over, and that tutorial is more for in-depth stuff. If anyone knows how to do just that, id appreciate just typing a reply with some basic steps, then i can figure it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carpe's Response:
I'm not sure if you're working in DFLW MAPS, but this comment is for DFLW.
I saw your post and am commenting, perhaps to help. If you've resolved your issue, thats great.
I've found the only way to break the suspense of "COOP/SP" map making is to work from the "Stock-Maps" in the PFF file. You can download [from Novahqs] PFF Extractor and copy all the "Stock-Maps" to a seperate folder and place that folder in your Novalogic Delta Force progam file. Or you can download
a file called "DFLW Stock-Maps".
In this Issue you will be working with P1 and P2 Med-Editor view Mode. P1 should be YOUR MAP and P2 should be the StockMap/original one. You can go through the maps [in your MED-EDITOR] and preview them in P2. It is also possible to copy/transfer settings/information from from a [Stock DFLW COOP/SP] map to YOUR existing terrain YOU choose. Doing this doesn't affect the information settings you might transfer. Once you transfer that information to a different P1 terrain of your choice, you must check your P1 existing and P2 original Stock Map to make sure everything matches. This is done by opening your P1 an P2 map view alternately. Save-Save-Save all your work.

The "Sample' BMS AND MIS" that comes with DF? games is not a good example for indepth COOP/SP. It is an example though. You decide its value for your needs. Search through all "Stock Maps" and decide your desires for what you want in YOUR maps.

Caution: if you use stock maps as reference for settings/information transfers, don't just move things around and call it yours. Majority of seasoned players will know if it's a stock map Or another Mappers. I encourage Original thinking with Map making. Settings can be used as you find them. Such as [triggers, waypoints, z-values,] are not disrespectful to use. It's more or less an understanding "not to copy another mappers work". It's an understanding out of respect. Stock Maps are a free-for-all when you need "How Do I" information.

There is no real "LAW" or "EULA" violation for "stealing a Map" another has made. Plajurisim Laws don't apply. BUT????? It's something that shouldn't be done. Talk to the Original Map Maker first, explain your issue, and accept the response you get. Cool?
Kinsmanship is a must to have in ANY GAMMING Community.

Most of all, No matter how frustrated you may get, There is always someone that can help, or refer you to.

Send comments via my contact info here on NovaHq....
Best Regards;
Carpe Diem
Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
carpe diem
thanks for trying to help, but this is for most part DF: Xtreme

up top you can see that
Novahq.net Forum > Novalogic games > Delta Force: Xtreme > Map Editing > Coop & SP Map creating

its setup a bet like JOTR is and not like DFLW is

some of the item can be edited like DFLW but with a limte some of the files maps are in NILE format
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-20-2008, 11:58 PM
carpe diem
Unregistered

eek HMMM!

HMMM! Didn't see the DFXTREME "THINGY MUH JIG"...heh!
Well, that's that.
Thx for bringing me to a higher level of "Optical Enlightenment Observation"...LOL... :-)