Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Dutch Azlon is offline Dutch Azlon

The fix for the bug that causes the punting in game with new patch.

Hello everyone! Some of you may know me as Azlon that is if you are or were a fan of Jedi Knight 1. I put out the mod's Manowar,2 and Manowar 3,The Mandalorian Wars series.

Anyway the reason for this post. I have 3 PC's and the only PC that had the punt problem has a Voodoo 5500 which does not have Hardware TnL. Actually the post that someone on this board made stating that when they changed thier video card the punting problem had stopped. That got me thinking that there had to have been code change to the recent patch that made it a must to have Hardware TnL.

I frequent several Voodoo boards and found out that there was a program out that had a software TnL emulator called 3D-Analyze so I got it last night and tested it today and now I no longer being punted from the game.
Follow this link and look for the link to the program.

http://pub43.ezboard.com/fx3dfxfrm2....cID=2709.topic

Please note that this program while in english all instuctions are in German.
To get the program to work follow these instructions.
Ater unzipping the zip make a folder placing it on your C drive "I named mine 3dAnalyze" and place the entire contents in there.
Now launch the program
You will now notice on the left side " File selection" go down to the second "Select" where it says
ExE (select the application file) and press Select now point the program to your Black Hawk Down game folder and click once on the dfbhd.exe file.

Next look at the top right side of the 3D-Analyze program where it says
DirextX 8 Options and look just below for Hardware Limits (caps) and place a check mark next to emulate HW TnL caps

Now look on the very right bottom and save batch file and name the batch file DFBHD and press save it will save the file in your DFBHD folder. Now look on the very left bottom and press the Run button to launch a punt free BHD.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to help. Please note I am not sure if this will fix all vid cards but it shouls as this program is not for Voodoo cards only.

I also need to mention that you will need to launch 3D-Analyze each time
you want to run BHD to get HnL to work. Just follow the directions above each time you play the game except saving the batch file that only needs to be done the first time. The proof that the program does indeed emulate HnL when you first launch the game with 3D-Analyze the game will detect your vid card with HnL. look at the print out pop up.

WiL
Old 04-13-2003, 08:29 AM
A TIN OF SOUP is offline A TIN OF SOUP

Is this fix just for Voodoo cards? I have 2 PC's one with a geforce 3 running fine and 1 with a Kyro2 64 meg card which punts after 5 seconds?

The A TIN OF SQUAD http://www.atinof.com
Old 04-13-2003, 10:09 AM
loco_mAn is offline loco_mAn

Send a message via AIM to loco_mAn
I have a Geforce4 4200 128mb and it still punts after 5 seconds.

AIM: nelz886

Old 04-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Dutch Azlon is offline Dutch Azlon

With regards to the Geforce that is punting that one baffles me as it has hardeware TnL already. My only suggestion whould be to try different drivers not only the newest one but also some older driver sets.

There is" NO" doubt that this problem is due to code change that effects our Vid cards which is causing this punt or something directly related to DirectX. The 3D-Analyze program can be used with most video cards and like I mentioned what it does is Emulate not only TnL but other DirectX and Opengl settings.

The program is very very stable I have run my BHD game now for hours on end without any problems what so ever and with not one punt.

I began this post at DFMax which explains a little more. This fix is being brought to Novalogic's attention from the guys over at DFmax please feel free to do the same. Since this will help narrow done a fix for a new patch.

WiL
Old 04-18-2003, 09:52 AM
~eTo~2tall is offline ~eTo~2tall

i downloaded this and it works but you have to have the program open at all times if you want to play mp,,,this casues MAJOR lag in the games, im running from a cable modem with all textures and **** turned off but it still lags, ill just havta wait for novas next update i guess
Old 04-19-2003, 03:15 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
nova's nest update may or may not solve your problem m8...im in the same boat...i got a matrox geforce 400+ and have been in touch with nova several times..(they have rang me too)..ive tried the above emulator and it just locks my comp..dunno why so waste of time askin...i am resigned to purchasing a new comp now ....expensive remedy i know but i have found no way around the punt problem ...i was gonna just buy a new graphics card but have been informed by people who know alot more than me that if i do buy a new card ..my old system maynot be able to run it at its full potentiall and i could still have the same problem....so im bypassing all other things and starting from scratch with a new machine that'll definatly sort the game out for me..lol..nova are aware of the problem and have had thier "tech heads" in the usa trying to find a solution for me but even they are mystified now...nova uk..0870 125 4000 ...are a waste of time since they can only advise on basic stuff..when it comes to this they pass it over to usa for advice...however...they have done themselves proud by returning phone calls etc and trying everything they can think of for me...but nothings helped...new comp is last resort for me..im pretty sure others will be in the same boat too...i just hope in the next installment of the series they take these problems into account befor it hits the shelves lol.

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 04-19-2003, 07:17 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I have the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128 MB's ( ASUS V 8460 Ultra ) with the newest updates and it runs just fine. No problems at all.
Even with the standard drivers that come with the package it runs fine for me.

btw DFHQ.net staff members maybe to save this tutorial for later use? I think it could be usefull

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here