Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
eek [Alart news] The government has issued a new warning to American airports

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The government has issued a new warning to American airports that they may be the target of a terrorist threat.

The TSA thinks terrorists are looking for private jets to hijack and destroy.

The advisory comes after a message was found posted in Arabic on a web site. In the message, Muslims are urged to destroy private aircraft owned by Americans.

A TSA spokeswoman said there is not a specific credible threat to any particular plane.

However, airports with business jet traffic are urged to remain vigilant and contact authorities in the case of suspicious activity.

Craig Airport on a Sunday night is quiet and peaceful, but during the day, its a bee hive of activity.

Cam Anderson just flew back from Lake City with his daughter. He's flown for 30 years and says that while any threat on the country is serious, anything can be turned into a deadly weapon.

"You know its always a possibility, but I look at it this way -- It's just as easy to rent a U-Haul loaded with dynamite and drive it into the side of a wall. I mean, we're not in a risk free society, and because we have an open society, we are more vulnerable," says Anderson.

Bob Ledoux performs his routine security check before taking to the sky.

He says the compact space on private jets would, in turn, lower the amount of destruction, if a plane were used as a weapon.

"Anything is possible. I guess the difference is [that] planes have a limited amount of weight they can carry, so it's probably about 500 pounds of useful weight between fuel and people. The more weight you put on a plane, the less fuel you can put on the plane and the less distance you can go," says Ledoux.

Several pilots at Craig Airport say their sense of alertness is heightened; however, Cam says it won't stop him from flying the skies.

"At this point it's just not worth panicking over, and that's what's great about America - we all watch out for each other and we will survive," says Anderson.

The Transportation Security Administration says if you see any suspicious persons or activity around private aircraft or on any airfields, call the TSA tip line at 1-866-427-3287.
you know this would have happen but the alart level as not gone up any at all! its still yellow? what lackies we have in the white house.

you know i was think Pres Bush was a bet of a fool, now i rethinking that i think he and his whole team are morons now days more things they trying to pass under the table so no one will know of it. i about to say fire the whole lot of them now! including Pres Bush as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]