Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-31-2023, 02:00 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

Delta force team sabre operations mod

Hi Guys, I’ve just installed the latest modd as shown in the title which was released back in Octobre. After the installation was finished, i cant’t get anything working anymore. Med’s fail and shut down, there isn’t even a med for the modd itself, and if I try to start the game I get an error message saying there is no videocard detected on on your computer that supports gaming (just an easy translation of what it says).

What the hell happened after the installation?
Old 12-31-2023, 02:22 PM
Menrva is offline Menrva

Take it easy, mate. The mod comes with a ReadMe file, have you read it? If you're on an older Windows system, you must remove the D8VK graphics wrapper that is installed inside the game's folder. DFBHD has issues on my Win11 system and the D8VK graphics wrapper was the only way to make it work. Once you remove the wrapper file, both the game and the MED should be working on your end. The mod comes with its own MED, links are in the start menu of Windows.
Also, the mod was updated to its latest version in December, if you downloaded it recently, you're on the latest version already.
I hope you get it to work on your end, all the extras are explained in the ReadMe file (link to it also in the start menu).

Happy new year, by the way.

Last edited by Menrva; 12-31-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:35 AM

Hi Menrva,

Apologies for the very late reply. Wishing you a happy new year also! Removing the file made the mod work, and I like what you did with it. I’ve noticed that teammate AI have a different animation when running which is much more realistic than the original version. Made me fel in love with the game again . I don’t understand why the developers didn’t use this back in 2002 :s.

Thank you and have a great day!
Old 01-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Menrva is offline Menrva

Hi mate! I'm so glad you managed to make the mod work on your end. Time ago I re-uploaded it on ModDB with few fixes and I removed the graphics wrapper so that the issue you've had won't happen again.

I'm happy you like the mod. I'd like to improve it even more if RL allows. Map makers can use all terrains from all DF games and from Joint Ops. Would be cool to have a campaign set on the snowy terrains. There are many more items as well, most are conversions from Comanche 4. My dream would be to port all 3di models from Joint Ops and DF Xtreme to DFBHD, they are not backwards compatible. I'm not a 3d modeller so I think that's unlikely to happen.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:41 PM

Snow maps is what I always missed in this game. There is no mod that gives you the complete package. Most of them have a snow terrain, but not enough, items in general, to decorate the map. I mean it looks strange if you place a dessert building on a snowy terrain. What would be cool is if we could get a mod with more desert type buildings from battlefield 2 or cod4. I saw a couple of years ago someone posting conversions of battlefield 2 items in BHD on Lonewolf’s forum. I think he never continued that project. This would fit the games atmosphere very good.

Would be cool to see something refreshing instead of terranova and nso items being used over and over again.