Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:04 PM
HellBoy is offline HellBoy

Send a message via ICQ to HellBoy
If we separate church from state, why does it say In God We Trust on all our money?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

good question.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Erik is offline Erik

You guys even know what seperation of church and state means? Sometimes I wonder if we should upgrade education in schools.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM

do you?
i know i do.

but if you understand what im posting you would knotice im not arguing seperation of church and state, im arguing that a lot of government institutions are discriminating aganst people for what they belive and a lot of people(many we already know) are using the seperation of church and state and bending it to discriminate aganst people of faith, every1 has their own interpretation of the seperation of church and state but not many know what its tru meaning is.

the education system in this country is dead.

oh, question for ya, when does a person finish their education?

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 03-29-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Erik is offline Erik

They never stop learning.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM

yes true but learning can be any number of things, like learning to use an ipod, or learning to play a dvd, or learning to draw.

the answer i was looking for is , a wise person never finishes their education, if you finish your education you dont aquire any new knowledge and you stay in a preticular period and never advance.

it takes a cirtain ammount of knowledge to know that you dont have enough knowledge and most are so preoccupied in their own personal bubble that they arnt willing to aquire any new knowledge so they are convinced that they know everything.

no 1 person can know everything, and a person that thinks that they know everything hasnt reached the level of knowledge and intellegence to knotice that they dont know everything.

me, ill admit to not knowing everything, because i dont, but what i can do is try to aquire as much knowledge as possable in the time i am alowed here on earth.

school wont teach you everything, or will it teach you what is important, but what it will give you is a good starting point to educate yourself, what you aquire thru school give you the ability to read, and thru the ability to read you can aquire knowledge and knowledge is power provided you can use it.
it is the power to change the world around you for the better or worse depending on how you use the great gift of knowledge.

heres another 1 for ya.

what is the key to true power?

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 03-29-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Erik is offline Erik

What did I say? And now look what you said...same thing plus words.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Just curious, can any one show me where "separation of church and state" is constitutional?

That phrase is no where to be found in the United States Constitution. It was taken from a letter where the author was voicing his personal opinion.

The exact wording of the first amendment is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.".

Seems to me that by forbidding a group of people from praying in schools violates that.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Just curious, can any one show me where "separation of church and state" is constitutional?
Everson v Board of Education, even went so far as to quote the letter you alluded too in your post.

Quote:
Seems to me that by forbidding a group of people from praying in schools violates that
Thats not what they did, the issue is whether the school can make policies limiting it....
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Author is Thomas Jefferson