Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Spam

Spam is getting ridicules.. I don't get very much spam because I have a list of like 300 words that if found will reject the message, but these people go to insane levels to get some gibberish though. My latest email looked something like this:

m

i

t

r

s
f

t

off

c

e

$

g
o

t

e

r

r

http://fullof****.dfjahdkjfhdsakbjhcds.com (<- url that dosen't even look real!)

What the hell? anyone else get some messages like this and just say wtf?

I can't believe there is even a market for spam anymore. Anyone dumb enough to click the links the spammers send out should be kicked off the computer forever.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-06-2006, 09:15 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

LOL! I guess you back from vacation huh?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
Wasn't there a spammer killed in Russia not too long ago? Dude doesn't even deserve to have that name.. Spammer! I don't have problems.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Not anymore...I had to change emails because of it.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
They are true ingnorant internet gangster wannabe's that steal names to exploit ingnorant advertizing. Most of them are probably caught up in some bull**** organization and are labelled dispensible by whoever is paying them to risk thier name and freedom. I say prosecute these losers and make them pay the piper so they can rat on thier make some quick money leaders..
Old 02-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

what?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Speaking of Organized Crime via the internet. They've got thier asses beat so many times and can't do much of anything anymore but hassle good people via the interent. Hence all the spam. That's what's going on.. Cheap, quick money. They come and go for a quick buck.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik
Not anymore...I had to change emails because of it.
Thank goodness for gmail's free invites...i deticate one email to spam or anything for the internet where i must enter an email. And another for family/job/friends.

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 02-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Yup. lol I had 100 invites so I sent one to me, and closed my other...
Old 02-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i get all type of spam e-mails with hex type names and some times the subject line be blank too.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
My Inbox has got loads of spam even when I set the message rules and set the spam filter, well, sometimes three every four days but that is heaps to me.
I learned not to spend so much time getting rid of the same spam, because you know different spam is going to come once the other spam cannot get to you.

Here are some tips.

One, when setting message rules in Outlook Express, do not set the rule to
''Delete It'', or ''Delete From Server'' because that just puts it in your Deleted Items Inbox and you have to delete it permanently from then on. Set it to ''Do Not Download From Server''.

Two, ''Spam Filters'', ask your ISP on how to set it. Some filters can detect spam, but some spammers are so smart they put words in pictures so your filter cannot recognize that it is spam.

Three, like Steve told me in Tech Support, unsubscribing from spam is the worst thing ever, even though it says you are subscribed, you probably will not get any more emails from that which means they are lying, but they still want you to unsubscribe, and if it asks you to enter your email address and confirm it, HELL NO! NO WAY!

Four, use a fake email address for such things.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
My Inbox has got loads of spam even when I set the message rules and set the spam filter.
I learned not to spend so much time getting rid of the same spam, because you know different spam is going to come once the other spam cannot get to you.

Here are some tips.

One, when setting message rules in Outlook Express, do not set the rule to
''Delete It'', or ''Delete From Server'' because that just puts it in your Deleted Items Inbox and you have to delete it permanently from then on. Set it to ''Do Not Download From Server''.

Two, ''Spam Filters'', ask your ISP on how to set it. Some filters can detect spam, but some spammers are so smart they put words in pictures so your filter cannot recognize that it is spam.

Three, like Steve told me in Tech Support, unsubscribing from spam is the worst thing ever, even though it says you are subscribed, you probably will not get any more emails from that which means they are lying, but they still want you to unsubscribe, and if it asks you to enter your email address and confirm it, HELL NO! NO WAY!

Four, use a fake email address for such things.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
yes that is right about the unsubscribe option to stop spammer from sending to you, all it really do it tell them your e-mail is real and they can sell it to other to make money off it too. even it says they stop sending them to you, in long run you will get even more from other groups of spammer ads too boot.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:27 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

I guess I must be lucky because I don't seem to get much in the way of spam in my mailbox. There was a time a while back when I got equally ridiculous emails like Scott and for some reason I seemed to get a lot of sex related mail too inviting me to "get laid" etc!

Fortunately this has all stopped now and part from the occasional "iffy" email I am spam free thankfully.

Regards
Old 02-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Chief ADFP

i have my mail filter in outlook 2003 delete any e-mail has the word in it "sex" i don't see any more them at all.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i have my mail filter in outlook 2003 delete any e-mail has the word in it "sex" i don't see any more them at all.
I have Outlook Express, and me and Panther share the same problems, I hate spam as much as I hate whatever I hate.

I hate deleting the messages as well when they arrive, there should be some folders where they delete any spam emails in the spam folder after 30 days and such but some spam arrive in the inbox which is very annoying unless you want the system to delete all that in 30 days.

Panther, ask your Internet Service Provider on things like this! You just have to put up with stuff!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

My isp has nothing to do with it.. I run my own mail server. THere isn't much I can do about it with filters because how do you filter out one word per line?

THe good thing is, thoes only come about 3-4 a week. Other then that my filters block most spam.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
LOL! I guess you back from vacation huh?
unfortunately he is back from vacation.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The only thing that is my fault is me not having any faults.
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I seem to be getting alot of emails about house for sale in the U.S. right now?

Unsoliceted of course so how do they get generated is it because I might have innocently visited a website with a realtor add on it?

I suppose it's better than the one's from Nigeria, (always spelt wrong Nigeria that is lol), telling me there's millions of dollars wating for me or the one's asking me if I want breast enhancement, (never thought about it really lol), or the one's implying I can be "erect" in a nano second with this new super drug lol!!!!

Warm Regards from a slightly bemused Baddog
Old 02-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Chief ADFP

will them type of e-mails are mostly generated, they send out to a lot of people by generating a lot of e-mails address tobe sent out to.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 PM

Sad

I like to check the emails as soon as possible when I come back home because I know there is a lot of spam lurking around in the inbox, and, some spam has words that Outlook Express should have blocked, but no, they keep coming.

When I think about it, I reckon those stupid spammers just randomly picked our email address, think about it, our family email address is ''beckham2''. It just has a nickname with number 2 in the end, so that would be an easy address if someone randomly guessed it. But the email address ''nicky_boy_soldier61469848'' probably would not get spam because the email is long and hard to randomly guess or pick, because it is long.

Never get ''free'' spam filters other than the Internet Service Provider ones, get ones that are ''free to try'', because if it is free to try, then you can buy it, buying products should not have any spyware, adware or whatever because it is on sale and it has been published and checked somehow.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --