Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

NL's Community Marketing Manager Responds To Questions

Hello NovaWorld –

I think that we all just need to calm down and relax for just a second.

First – NovaLogic hired me to make the community better. I am the first one to hold the position and it would stand to say that the community will get better seeing how there is someone dedicated to it.

Prior to my entry in NovaLogic the community was tasked to several people. This made it hard on all of you to get accurate information in a timely manor. I understand this and I understand where all of you are coming from. However, this is the start of my second week and there is no possible way for me to acquaint myself with a community as large as this and change it all within 8 days. Change will happen and it will be positive. There are going to be some outstanding advances to this community and things will start to get better. But it is completely unrealistic to think that it will happen over night.

I understand your anger, frustration, and general temperament and I believe that you deserve to feel that way – but I didn’t create, nurture, or have a hand in the problems that plague this community; so I don’t believe it’s fair for you to hold me responsible. You should give me an honest chance to make it better. I don’t mean 8 days or 1 month or whatever time frame that you have. I mean set realistic goals and then one by one hold me to them and then make a judgment for yourself as to how I’m doing. Don’t just assume that I don’t know what I’m doing.

I don’t believe that I will make all of the people happy all of the time. The best I can hope for is to make the majority of the people happy for the majority of the time. Based on that logic I can’t give a solid answer to some of the questions that some people have.

For instance – If I gave a time frame as to when JO update was coming and then it didn’t come when I said, you would think I’m a liar. So, instead I won’t say when it’s coming because the last thing this community needs is more disappointment.

What I will do is give you straight forward information when I have it. Right now I’m working on several plans which will implement this type of dissemination – but I need a chance to get it off of the ground.

I am open to suggestions from anyone that would like to bring them to me. This is your community and I am simply here to make it better for all of you. I want to make this a better place for all and I am excited to be working here as well as doing the job that I have.

This can and will be a great community. All I ask is that you give me time and work with me – not against me. I can get so much more accomplished in any given day if you allow me to work.

I am happy to see so much enthusiasm in the community, but we need to harness it to make the community a better place and not use it to make it worse.

Here’s what I suggest-

1.) The community appoints an existing Moderator (your choice) to do an interview with me. You all come up with the questions, I’ll answer them and the moderator will post them. We can do this on a regular basis if you would like.

2.) You all start to send your suggestions to the moderators and they will organize them and send them to me and I will implement the ones that can be implemented.

I can’t be every place in the community all of the time and that’s what the Moderators are there for. If you want to know something or you have a suggestion you can bring it up to them and they will see that it gets answered.

There is a new direction a foot at NovaWorld and I hope that we can all help to make this a far better place.

Thanks-

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1

Last edited by Scott; 04-26-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:21 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
LOL what did you email him?