Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Gunshot is offline Gunshot

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
Biggrin All You Need To know About Map Making By: Gunshot

************BEGINEERS MANUAL ON HOW TO CREATE A MAP**************

<b>Making Map lesson 1.</b>
***NOTE: I WOULD SAVE IT AS YOU GO INCASE THE MAP MAKER DOES A ERROR AND CLOSES***

Go to your map maker in BHD or your delta force folder open the MED up and click edit and go
under general information. You will get a fill out fourm type thing.. Fill out all the stuff.
for Example. (Going Down on the list Not across).
Mission Name: Black Swamp Mission Designer: <b>Gunshot</b>
Mission Terrain: There is a drop down menu just pick Flat.
Mission Tiles: Don't mess with it.
Player Type: Just leave it on Delta Force
Map types: select the ones you want it to be like Team Death Match but do not click one
just wait after you finish the WHOLE map because if you check them you can't go under single player
and play the map and test it out and see if everything is ok and in good postion.
Starting Spin-Map zoom: Don't mess with it.
Win Conditions: Do not Mess with any on that list unless you are making a Cooperative map which
is pretty much more difficult than Death Match and King of the hill (Ex).
Lose Conditions: Do not Mess with any on that list unless you are making a Cooperative map.
Bonus Expiration: Don't mess with it.
Global Effects: Don't mess with any of it.
Max Saved Games: This is for Cooperative also, if you want you can save your games the defualt
is 3. I wouldn't mess with it. F5 is the Defualt save game button.
Water Level: Is the Width and height of water. on a flat terrain if you add 50 the whole thing would
be covered with water. just mess with it put numbers 1-100 (NOTE: you could go higher) so 1 would be
the least amount Of water and 100 would be more.
Fog Distance: The amount Of fog on your map. 1 is the MOST amount of fog. High you go the least
A good amount of fog is somewhere from 500-100 if you want it pretty foggy then pick about 400.
Fog Color: The Fog color can be ANY color you want. there is 3 boxes because there are 3 primary colors
theres RED,GREEN and BLUE. 255 is the Max(RPG) you can go for all of them. so if you wanted blue just
put BOX#1:0 BOX#2:0 and BOX#3:255 so if you wanted green you put in box number 2: 255 and all the other 3
boxes 0's. You can go to websites and download a Envrioment Tool so it will select the terrain,sky,Fog+Fog Color
for you. It's really useless unless you want to know what color you want. and to see what it looks like
the (RPG) box in the eviroment tool is what you put in the Fog color boxes.
Wind Speed: If you want wind then put 15 or 20 in the box. You may not see the wind but if you throw a
Smoke grenade you will see the Smoke move to One Direction.
Wind Direction: If you want Wind they have to know which way it's going so just Put...
(NOTE: IT CAN GO TO -330 So that would be the least)0,30,60,90,120,150,180,210,240,270,300, or 330 (MAX)
i would just put 90 in the box.
Enviroment File: Is the Sky if you want it mourning,evening,day,sunset,night theme. Just pick one.
Night Vision Googles Avaible: This is just if it's night time it enables or disables the use of night vision googles.
I would just check it and keep it on all the time even in the daytime.
NVG Turned On: (Night Vision Googles Turned on) Check if you want to first start out with them on.
Weather: If you want Weath Check the Little Box and There are three choices on the list
(SNOW,RAIN, AND NICE DAY)
(NOTE: SNOW WILL NOT WORK WITH A DESERT THEME (TERRAIN) like RAIN WON'T WORK WITH DESERT USUALLY. SOME TIMES IT DOES ON CERTAIN ONES).

No voxels No shadows Rotate map 180 degrees: Don't mess with any of it. Then just press the "OK" button.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

(NOTE: THE BLACK ON THE MAP MEANS FLAT LAND. THE BLUE ON THE MAP MEANS WATER THE GREY MEANS (UNLEVEL LAND).
(NOTE: LOOK AT THE TOP LEFT OF THE MAP MAKER AND LOOK FOR 3 BUTTONS THAT SAY C, H, AND D YOU SHOULD BE ON D,
IF YOU CLICK C IT WILL SHOW THE DESERT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND IF YOU CLICK H IT REPRESENTS HEIGHT. DARK GREEN MEANS THE MAP LEVEL(ELEVATION) IS LOW AND LIGHT GREEN IS HIGH LEVEL (ELEVATION)
BLUE ALWAYS MEANS WATER DARK BLUE IS DEEPER WATER(REAL DEEP) LIGHTER BLUE IS HIGHER WATER(NOT THAT DEEP) I USUSALLY EDIT MY MAP ON THE D. WHERE YOU SEE BLACK, GREY, AND BLUE.

(another note: if you put for say a building On unleveled land It will look very weird if you duck down you can see under the building).
So for now don't put any items on the grey till you get used to it and know how to fix it.
Click Edit and go to Insert mode and left click anywhere on the map (in black area for begineers) and a menu will pop up. Put any items
you want. For a begineer do not set items on top of each other unless you know how to set the Z : ( Height ) of the building(s) or Item(s).
I will explain how to do the Z: (height) later of the item(s). once you put your Building or item on the map you can always move it
just get out of insert mode by either going to edit then clicking insert mode once or right clicking and clicking insert mode.
once you did that click on the item. It will turn yellow then all you have to do is right click again and press move. You can also
rotate it any way you want by right clicking and pressing Group Rotate all you have to do is click on the < or << or > or >> and it will rotate fast or slow.
< and > are slow and << and >> is fast rotating and click "OK". If you cannot see where your item is rotating or if you want to have a closer view at the map so
you can see your items by press 9 or 3 on the numberpad. 8,2,4, and 6 on the numberpad makes the map move around also.
and if you look to the Top left of your map maker you will see Grid: and see view+snap and next to it is and + and - sign
if you zoom up and want it to go slower just click the - a couple times till you get the speed you want. and + to make it faster.
If you get out of insert mode and you can edit your item(s) by pressing enter. To start in a certain place you need to put a
start player marker by going in insert mode and going to markers then clicking player start marker.
you only put that to check out your map. after your done you map delete it. If your doing deathmatch then go to insert mode and go to markers and
clicking deathmatch player start markers you need to put at least 16 if you do a 16 player map. Make sense? 7 for a 7 player map or 8 for 8 player but you can put
as many death match player start markers as you want. more than 16 if you want. which i prefer. if your doing any thing with teams in it
like Team death match or Team king of the hill just go to markers and put your team blue player start marker and red. put 1 of each in different locations.
if you are doing Team King of the hill or king of the hill you need to put a place where it's the hill. so go to insert mode and markers and click KOTH CENTER.
you can change the height of it by getting out of insert mode and highlighting KOTH CENTER and pressing enter to look at the KOTH CENTER info. (ENTER is the same thing as going to edit
then clicking Edit item attributes. to change the width you will see on the bottom right corner Height and elevation.
that is the height of the KOTH CENTER so it you won't get any %'tage if you put it at 100 in both first 2 boxes. you need to look at the top right and change your distance. the default is 10.
so if you put it like at 100 it will be pretty big. then you need to test your map by going to file and pressing save and export.
Now changing the height of things is not that hard.. all you have to do is create a building or truck or whatever then getting out of insert mode highlight your item by clicking it and
press enter after you press enter you will see Y: X: and Z: on the top left side. Z: might Not be filled it. It is suppose to be filled in already unless you didn't click and check Absoulute height.
after you do you will see a number unless you already do by changing the number higher it will go higher by changing it lower it will go lower the number is the default level so it will be even on the map
done for you unless the item is On a uneven level of map. (THE GREY PARTS OF THE MAP) their are two boxes the first box is the main height level so if you put the first one on 1 and second one on 1
it will look the same as just leaving the second one on 0 so the first box is your main height that the second one is just for getting your object at the perfect height if your picky and if you want a good map.

***NOTE: I WOULD SAVE IT AS YOU GO INCASE THE MAP MAKER DOES A ERROR AND CLOSES***

<b>HOW TO MAKE HELI'S + HUMVEES MOVE!</b>

BEFORE YOU START ON THE MOVING PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO GO TO EDIT/GENERAL INFOMATION....
FILL OUT ALL THE STUFF!! DO EXACTLY IN THIS TUTORIAL * NOTHING ELES *

1. Open map maker out of Delta Force folder.
2. Go to Edit/Groups then go to the (3.) and type in a name
for Example: HeliCop Group. Then click "Ok"
3. Then go to Edit/Waypoints and type something like HeliCop Waypoints
4. then right click, press insert mode and go to markers and put in your waypoints
then get out of insert mode and highlight all the waypoints and right click and click edit item attribbutes and
go to under Waypoints and see list below it is a tab thing where you can scroll down. on the defult it usually says "none"
click it and go down to HeliCop Waypoints or what ever you named it.
5. go in insert mode again and put down any vech that you want Example: Heli cop /w minigun or whatever.
6. Get out of insert mode highlight Helicoptor (ONLY HELICOPTOR NOTHING ELES)
7. Right click heli. and click edit item attribbutes and
* ONLY IF IT IS A GROUP OF HELICOPTORS CLICK GROUP AND GO DOWN TO YOUR NAME EX. HELICOP GROUP
8. Go to Edit/events and name your event anything ex. HeliCop MOVE.
9. then look where it says THEN "actions" click below it where it says <<CLICK ACTION>>
*DOUBLE CLICK THE WHOLE WAY THREW THIS LESSON JUST INCASE IF NEEDED*
10. Now go to Redirect SSN or GROUP Under action type Depending on if you have more than one "VECHILES".. SSN=1 GROUP=MORE THAN 1
11. Go under SSN or GROUP *DEPENDS* Find your SSN Number (1 Vech that you want to move) or your Group (More than 1 Vech that you want to move) and click it.
12. Go under waypoint list and find your waypoint route that you want your Vech(s) to take and click.
13. Under waypoint number scroll to the top of the list and click "Nearest" *when you get more advanced you can mess around with that*
14. (NOTE): GO TO <<NEW ACTION>> and go down the "action type" list and see if there is something called "vapocity group" or "vapocity SSN" and then go to SNN or group (depending when you click it) and go down to your group or SSN and then...
click it and go to KPH and set how fast you want your VECH TO go.. 100 kph is fast for a car.. and 100 Kph is slow for a HELI.
If you have v 2.0 map maker you won't have Velocity. So don't worry about it if you don't.
15. SET how many seconds you want your vech till take off at right top that says "delay" (seconds)
16. then press ok and save+export.
*****THIS PART OF THE INTRUCTIONS IS OPTIONAL******
1. IF YOU WANT YOUR HELI (VECH) TO TAKE OFF WHEN YOU STEP IN A CERTAIN AREA.
2. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT 2 AREA TRIGGERS UNDER MARKERS IN INSERT MODE. don't put them on top of each other.. spead then apart a little lengh + width wise then you will get it.
3. then go to edit/area triggers and go to any number name it anything like "VECH AREA TRIGGER".
4. get out of insert mode then highlight BOTH area triggers and right click go to edit item attributes and put in a 1 under Number on the mid/top/right section of the item attributes.
5. Go to events and instead of doing something in the action part of the events, click where it says <<new trigger>> and click group or SSN *DEPENDING* under trigger type.
6. Then click "reached waypoint" under trigger condition. then go to where it says group1 or SSN1 and click your group or SSN that you want to move.
7. then go to waypoint list and click your route (waypoint list) that you want your vech(s) to move to then click ok.
8. click trigger again and under trigger type click group and under trigger conditions click area trigger.
9. click the group you want to move not blue players or red players.
10. go under area and just click 1-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME WITH MOVING VECH(S) OR ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT ME AT SoD_Gunshot@yahoo.com
AND I WIL MAKE YOU A MAP AND SEE WHAT I DID TO MAKE THEM MOVE OR ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO DO TO HELP.

By: <b>Gunshot</b>

This has been created and writin all by Gunshot, Please do not take credit and Say this Tutorial is your own.
Hope you get the Information you need!

*Try Like the Rest & Die like the Rest*
*Kill the Best, Shoot the rest*

Last edited by Gunshot; 07-01-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
ok that took me 2 hours to summerize a good tutorial geezis that took a long time.. that only proves that i have no life.. hehe But, i am always willing to help people. For all who has trouble with map making this is the place to know what to do. If you need help with map making, Please, Pleas once again email me at SoD_Gunshot@yahoo.com or Privite message me on DFHQ. I hope this Helps! :P

Old 06-13-2003, 09:39 PM

FORGOT to tell yall this is for Black Hawk Down who ever get's the game it is a lttle differen't than Land Warrior. Ect.

Old 06-14-2003, 08:50 AM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

yuo though about making that a PDF file??? kinda large to keep up...
Old 06-14-2003, 11:34 AM

PDF file?? you mean text document file?

Old 06-14-2003, 11:42 AM

There we go TEXT FILE
Attached Files
File Type: txt map making.txt (12.9 KB, 67 views)

Old 06-14-2003, 12:27 PM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

good.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

ohhh cool... I've just bugged Stevie B for the DFBHDMED TUT. I should've bugged Gunshot instead. anyway, I'll try to use the tut to create my 1st map tonite. hope it works. wish me luck. i'll let you know if its gonna be succesfull.

Hoo-Yaah!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:46 AM

cool if you have any problems please let me know either reply at this fourm or just personally email me at SoD_Gunshot@yahoo.com

Old 06-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Bieb is offline Bieb

Tunnels and Messages

Can anyone tell me how to use tunnels and how to give text prompts to the player in BHD? Also, does anyone know of a complete tutorial for mapmaking in BHD?
Old 06-28-2003, 08:37 AM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
Gunshot
Very nice job on this. Would like you permission to host this in the FAQ's at dfbhd.dk with credit to you of course. Let me know, thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 10:27 AM

of course you can.. also.. i will making a tutorial on how you can make helis fly then land i think i finally figured it out.. Keep in touch..

Old 06-29-2003, 10:28 AM

Bieb the tutorial of map making is up there if you look back and i will be making the tutorial about making helis land soon.. it's really easy...

Old 06-30-2003, 04:53 PM

Having trouble with making heli's land? WELL LOOK NO FURTHER!! HERE IS THE LINK TO YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS!! http://www.dfhq.net/forum/showthread...&threadid=8587 there you go email me if you have any questions i will make you a personal map on a helicoptor landing if you have any trouble..