Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:43 PM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
Another problem with Helo's

O.K. i've finally got the helo figured out,(sort of) in taking off,landing ,and repeating,,BUT,what i was trying to do was have the helo do this thru the entire map play time ,(i figured 30 min) ,but when the helo lands on the 4th go round,it shuts off and sits there,it seems to try to start back up for a second but shuts down again,and stays off , i was using reset timers (set at between 290-390 for the time it takes to go around the 21 waypoints at 20kph),and wherever it landed i put a Fuel marker,(to suposedly re-fuel) do i need a trigger for the Fuel markers ,or does the helo recognize it when it lands on it ,i had the EVENTS set to "reset event" at least 6 more times ,past the point where it seems to run out of fuel,so im stumped!,as it works fine up till that point! has anyone else had this problem, or know what im doing wrong???...oh yea this is for BHD!

Last edited by JimDirt; 05-06-2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:37 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

How is your helo triggered to take off? If it is triggered by area triggers and you are useing reset timer to reset the events you It will slowly dirft if timing is not perfect until the helo is no longer in the area trigger box. Have your helo take off based on event 1 (3 triggers) red or blue player in area trigger box and blackhawk in area trigger box. have actions (2) change ai state to follow waypoints, and redirect to waypoint list and first point you want it to fly. Add second event (1trigger) for landing based on helo reaching last waypoint (waypoints don't loop). Locate the waypoint in the middle of your next area triggers box Actions(4) have your helo land change ai state to land , reset the take off event, reset waypoint visted by your helo, reset landing event. If you take off in land in the same area trigger box you have a loop that will repeat as long as the helo and player are in the area trigger box. No timing calculations! The only thing you have to set is a delay on the first event for take off, this sets the time the helo sits before taking off say 15 seconds. If you land in a different area trigger box add 2 more events like above but with new waypoint list and area trigger numbers to fly your next segement. repeat untill landing back at original area trigger box then it will repeat forever. you can do as many segments as you fell like writing. Just remember as you are landing in the helo the next event has been triggered so the helo will take off for the next leg after delay set on it's first event. If you get killed the helo goes to next area trigger and waits for player.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:22 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

One mistake above the first event triggers have to be in the right order trigger 1 Blackhawk in area trigger and 2 red player in area trigger or 3 blue player in area trigger. boolean logic rules argh!!! the second event is in the right order
Old 05-07-2003, 11:53 AM

OK here is what i did in order.......
EVENTS (i had other things going on with trucks that is why im starting at 4 )
(4) THEN: redirect group 4 to WP 3-0 DELAY: 30
(5) IF: group 4 reaches WP 3,0 RESET :295 DELAY :35
THEN: change group 4 AI:AI state to land
(6)IF:event 5 has been triggered RESET:305 Delay:35
THEN:change group 4 AI:AI state to follow WP
(7)IF:group 4 reaches WP 3,8 DELAY: 10(hovering)
THEN:redirect group 4 to WP 3-9
(8)IF:group 4 reaches WP3,8
THEN:redirect group 4 to WP 3-9
(9)IF:group 4 reaches WP 3,9
THEN:change group 4 AIatrol speed =20km/h
(10)IF:event 9 has been triggered
THEN:change group 4 AI:combat speed=20km/h
(11)IF:group 4 reaches WP 3,0 RESET:355
THEN:change group 4 AI:AI state to land
(12)IF:group 4 reaches WP 3,0 DELAY:35
THEN:reset event 4
(13)IF:group 4 reaches WP 3,0 RESET:350
THEN:change group 4 AI:AI state to land
(14) SAME AS 12
(15) SAME AS 13
(16) SAME AS 12
(17) SAME AS 13
(18) SAME AS 12
(19) SAME AS 13
I had no triggers, and like i said it flys perfect till the 4th time it completes the loop , oh! and the waypoints loop,if i set it to not loop it would just hover after WP 21,,, hope this helps!!!! (dont know how the smiley got there lol)
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
2048 Corsair pc3200-400mHz-DualChannel
MadDog-PurePower-550watt-ps
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 05-07-2003, 09:06 PM

ok! i did what you said (dknuke),and it seems to work so far but(i havnt let it go around more than 2 times yet ,as i was still adjusting things)except i wasnt in the helo yet (about 50 ft away from the area trigger) when it took off the first time,but i will check my events and triggers again to see if i did anything wrong ,
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 05-07-2003, 09:22 PM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Biggrin

make sure you did not set the black hawk to follow waypoint list in its item attributes that will make it take off the first time with out you. the command to follow waypoint is given in the event 1. make sure waypoints don't loop.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:26 PM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Also I make my area trigger in a box by droping 4 triggers markers and then grouping them into one area trigger box just a little bigger than the blackhawk. and position that right on top of the last waypoint were it lands.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:01 PM

ok here is what i did ,in what i think you were trying to explain in your first reply ,and the helo takes off on its own and once it lands the first time it shuts off and wont restart, also i set "waypoint does not loop"as you said ,and if i clear the WP list in helo's attrib,it just sits there running and never takes off,,,ok here is what i did,and it took off went around once ,landed and shut down,and wouldnt restart
EVENTS
(0)IF:ssn 489 is within area 1 and group 1 is within area 1
THEN:change group 3 AI:AI state to follow WP...redirect group 3 to WP 1-1.......DELAY 15
(1)IF:group 3 reaches WP 1,4
THEN:change ssn489 AIatrol speed 20km/h
(2)IF:group 3 reaches WP 1,4 and event 1 has been triggered
THEN:change ssn489 AI:combat speed 20km/h
(3)IF:group 3 reaches WP 1,4
THEN:change group 3 AI:AI state to follow WP
(4)IF:group 3 reaches WP 1,21
THEN:change group 3 AI: AI state to land
(5)IF:event 4 has been triggered
THEN:reset event 0
(6)IF:event 5 has been triggered
THEN:reset event 4
(7)-(14) same as (5)-(6)........i seemed to get more round trips the way i explained how i did it in my second reply,but as stated it would only go 4 times,then shut down
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable

Last edited by JimDirt; 05-07-2003 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:33 PM

Question? when i put "reset event"(0)and(4) is that what could be causing the helo to shut down???,although that doesnt seem to be the case in the way i tried it the first time,as it made 4 trips before shutting down,and my waypoints did loop the first time!......also in the last reply i made i forgot to say that i set the attrib. for my player marker as Blue Team,to coencide with the "group 1 is within area 1",and helo is also set to Blue,if that makes any difference,as when and if i ever get this to work right it will be a Multiplayer map ,but for testing and building i am using a single player marker and testing in single player mode, also i tried it with and without the Fuel/Ammo Marker,and with and without Area Trigger,and it didnt make any difference!...
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable

Last edited by JimDirt; 05-07-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:09 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Jim by reading what you wrote this is how I think you want the helo to operate. Take off when you get in it fly to waypoint 1,4 and slow down to 20k then land at waypoint 1,21 then repeat am I right? do you want both groups to trigger the takeoff.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:44 AM

Yea basicly! what i want is for the helo to sit there running till someone gets in it ,then take off and follow waypoints ,slowing down to said speed (which it does)continuing on thru waypoints till it reaches WP 21 ,land and repeat the process indefinatly,and if whoever is in it gets killed ,then for it to return to WP 21 directly and wait for someone else ,then repeat the process, i couldnt find anything in the EVENTS to allow it to return should the occupant get killed,either,,and like i said it seems to run out of fuel ,either on the first landing doing it the way i explained on the last reply,or on the fourth landing doing it the way i explained it on the second reply,i have been fighting this for a few weeks and its driving me nuts! its the only thing preventing me from finishing this map,and i know it can be done ,as Nova has it doing it on City Madness,but i used the PFF extractor ,and the BMS to MIS to view how it was done ,and wrote down everything ,tried it and it didnt work ,also when i set that map (City Madness)as single player and went into it ,when the helos took off they only went a few waypoints and both met over a building facing each other and just sat there hovering ,so that really had me confused,,i not dumb but i just cant figure this one out ,which makes me more determend,to make it work, but i have looked at all the events ,and cant seem to find one that will work ,i have also read SteveB's tut,as well as others ,the only thing that seperates mine from theirs is the amount of waypoints,since if i try it exactly as they explain it ,using 1-4 WP it works ,i messed with one MIS that was posted here ,and added more WP (it only had 4) to 21 and it worked prefect except it seemed to land in between WP occaisonaly (it used timers,so as you stated earlier it might have drifted),but i can live with that, so i wrote everything down ,changed a few things added events,and that is what i posted on the second reply ,so now im back to square one,it still wont do what i know it can do ,and i have tried multiple ways without success!,and just seem to be getting more confused!!!!!
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable

Last edited by JimDirt; 05-08-2003 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:19 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Cool

Okay Jim
Here it is right off the presses. I took the time to write the tutorial attached. It is written almost click by click. I wrote it as I created the helotut.mis attched. I have fully test the mis and it works fine and repeats as long as the game is on and a player is in the helo. It slows down to 20 at waypoint 4 and lands at waypoint 21. Follow the tutorial if you still have any questions post again.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:22 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Sorry Jim
Ill try to attach the zip again

The attachment has been updated for better explainations and posted on next page on this thread.

Last edited by dknuke; 01-08-2004 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:07 PM

Well i hate to say this ,,but im still stumped ! i did EXACTLY what you said ,i even tried single player marker (set to blue) ,deathmatch player marker(set to blue) and team deathmatch player marker(set to blue) everything looks right when i get in the map , but the helo just sits there running, so i went into the map you made ,and got on the helo ,and it took off ,so i jumped off to see if it would return ,and it just kept following the waypoints and didnt return till it completed the WP list,but that is not important,but what really stumps me ,is i had the tut open while i was setting events and such ,so i was reading thru each step as i was doing them,and everything was the same ,but the helo in my map just sits there ,,maybe i got some bunk Med or something,i dunno ,this is really confusing me, i have built plenty of maps for LW and TFD with no probs like this ,,i very much appreciate,the time you spent on this ,and yours seems to work ,although what i am also wondering is why it wont work in DM or Single Player mode,as it does work in DM in City Madness ,and i will study the one you made ,to see what i could have done wrong with mine,but in looking at what i did ,it seems to be exactly what you said to do ,yet it wont even take off , it just sits there running now!! ,,but thank you for all your help ,if you want to email me so we dont waste any more of this sites space ,on redundencies,or me being brain dead,or i could just email you my MIS and you can look to see what i could have done wrong ,because i havnt found anything as of yet ! .or if not thats ok also .but thanks! for you effort , in trying to help me though!!!.i do appreciate it ...
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable

Last edited by JimDirt; 05-09-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:01 PM

well i redid it again just the way it is in the helotut,and it still just sits there running,but if i change the helo attrib to following a wP list it will take off ,but just fly around in a circle ,but i can go to the helotut map and get right on the helo and it takes off,although on the second trip it will take off without me in it,it still takes off ,slows down ,goes thru the WP and lands ,and repeats,,could there be some file in my game thats screwed up ,or in the Med version H, (it should be the newest unlocked version),,i dont understand ,but no matter what i try it wont work the same as it does for everyone else,im completely baffled!!!!!!! i have also noticed that the "save and export" dosnt work anymore ,i now have to save and then export,like how it was in LW and TFD to save what i have done,but i reinstalled the med when it first did this ,but it didnt change anything ,,thats all i can think of that would cause these probs,but that is where im stuck at right now, im still trying to find some event that will work,but so far if i fix one thing , i find another problem is created in some form or another!(if it does one thing right ,then the other events wont work right) HELP!!!!!!!!!!
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 05-10-2003, 06:09 PM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Cry

Jim
email me your mis and I'll look at it as soon as I get the time. Are you checking it in single player or hosting a team deathmatch when you check it out?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:41 PM

Both!, and it does the same either way!........ ok i will send it to you later today,Thanks! as im stumped on this thing!
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 05-10-2003, 08:45 PM
dknuke is offline dknuke

I was notified that the tutorial didn't do some of the stuff disscuss here. here is what this tutorial will do since I tryed to make it to match Jim problem.

This tutorial creates a helo that will allow either red team player or a blue team player to trigger the helo takeoff by going inside the area trigger box (located at helo takeoff and landing point. The helo will then take off fly to waypoint1,0 then continue till it reaches waypoint 1,4 were it will slow down to 20km untill it reaches the last waypoint 1,21 where it will land. If no player is in the helo it shuts off and waits for another player. If a player is still in the helo it will land and then reset and fly again after a short stay on the ground.. If the player is killed it will continue till the last waypoint land and wait for another player to takeoff again.

I also edited the txt doc in the zip to explain what it does .

I have reatached the corrected tutorial to this post . disregard previous post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip helotut.zip (4.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 05-11-2003, 01:50 PM

dknuke is DA MAN ! his tut worked exactly how i wanted the helo on my map to work ! just a note: i was informed by dknuke that if you have made other events while trying things out and you dont use them ,to make sure to delete them,if you just check them as Null ,it will think there is a event there and might not work properly (something i didnt know,and it caused most of my problems), but his Tut is very discriptive and walks you thru it step by step ,you can alter the events to your situation,as it should work with trucks as well (you just dont tell it to land) ,!
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 09-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Mopic is offline Mopic

Hi,

great job dknuke, Thank you for your cool tutorial.
After minutes i got my first heli to fly very well...
Thanks for the spared time and nerves...

Mopic =RDS=

Visit me and my friends at www.rotezone.de

Last edited by Mopic; 09-26-2003 at 12:19 PM.