Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:47 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by G.I.JOE*MFA*
AA is a great game too...remember how the graphics were for DF and DF2...lol...when Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear was new too...lol...cant compare those graphics with todays

the R6 series is about anti terro in mostly urban enviroments CQB not like DF where u have this huge open space to run around it which vehicles would be nice...

i remember back in 2001 when NL threw the idea around that they would make a game that would combine their game titles (DF, Armored Fist, Commanche, and Lightening) into 1 game...too bad they couldnt get on the ball soon enough b4 the some1 else did it b4 them (BF1942) - NL peaked my intrest then but have since to do it again...after DF and DF2 LW, TFD, and BHD have been a let down...guess i expected too much - but i stil play once in a while cause it is fun . . . once in a while

i play RvS and BF1942 more cause of the team aspect...in DF the community doesnt play as teams as much as BF1942 and RvS does...RvS community plays as a team more than DF or BF1942 though - DF community has no team concept anymore, whatever happen to calling for a medic and they show up or when ur a medic and every1 spaws b4 u get the chance??? then thers the stat whores - come on just as bad as the trainer users (the word No0b = gay stop using it and play fools) - i can sit here all day and keep picking away at the DF community and y it has pushed me away from playing the DF series anymore but im sure u all dont want to read it...lol...

1 point im trying to make is the DF community and NL ruined DF while the other communities and their game makers work together without N0oB calling and a huge cheat problem to make better gamming experience...over the years that ive played the DF series it has left a bad taste that gets worse everytime i c cheats or crybabies in the servers and message boards - i dont c that in the other games i play

is it me or is this topic shifting...lol
I agree! I stoped playing DF after DF2 (i play once in a while *BHD* but its rearly) i think it got down greaded after each version they released.. I now play mostly BF1942 and the teamwork is much better for some reasion, people actully play as a team, which i havent seen in df where everyone just rush away to be killed by the rushing enemy...

I think NL should consentrate on getting team play a key role in the game, instead of brining driveble vecs...

My photography website

Old 07-25-2003, 08:33 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
agreed delta force is a team effort now if nova can get that idea into their "delta force" series...is something i have yet to see

co-ops...u can argue that but the ai really isnt a challenge...many times i broke off from the pack with my glock (DFLW) and went on 1 shot killing rampages...try that in the R6 series...lol...BF ai is similar to DF ai...i icked up the game and i started playing with the ai setting at its highest (imposible) and had np winning each map just as quickly as DF missions

in RvS the ai r already smart on its lowest setting....go to veteran and we have trouble completeing maps with a full squad (8 operatives) and its hard to make it past 5 mins without dieing when ai r set at its highest...

though the RvS community complains about bugs and glitches most create them without knowing ad blame ubi and redstorm on it...i have the bare minimum requirements for rvs and the game runs smoothly for me...np except for the 2 crashes i had this week...not sure y and im still looking into it...

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 07-27-2003, 04:18 PM
-1PARA-

haha ture those games ai:s are hard! lol

My photography website

Old 07-27-2003, 09:06 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
personally, i hate tom clancy games, theres NO interactive environment... for petes sake on ghost recon you can ever jump over a small mound of rubble (Embassy map)... tom clancy is just to fake for me, guns are great but the mapping and interaction between player and object(s) sucks... and bf1942 is fun, i've played it at my friends, and technically you could jump otu of a plane and parachute into the one below you (if it was going reallllly slow and it was a prop plane) but you'd probably die...BHD i think is one of the best around, and if you want motorcycles with MISSILE launchers (which would probably throw the thing into the air anyways) go play UT2k3 or something...
Old 07-28-2003, 12:59 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
and technically you could jump otu of a plane and parachute into the one below you (if it was going reallllly slow and it was a prop plane) but you'd probably die...
So...technically, if you would die, you couldn't really do it, could you? Maybe, Evil Kinevil could do it. Maybe. But not me, or you.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:42 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
the no jumping in clancy games is on purpose...in the field of battle u rarely ever jump around shooting at some1 and expect to hit them let alone kill em...in rogue spear and sum of all fears u could climb onto boxes and such but GR and RvS they took it out...its fine with me...

in RvS u can open/close/blow doors (expected) and some barrels blow up...and glass breaks...what else would u like...exploding cars? that would be cool but it takes away from the realism...counter terrorist dont go around blowing up cars cause its cool...they only do it if needed...

its a different gaming style...the rainbow series along with the clancy series isnt a first person shooter...they r tactical shooters where u use more stealth and planning than first person shooters like DF, UT, Quake, Doom, CS, and the like

i can go around in a DF server and get high kills and low deaths easy but thats it...it got too easy for me and i started to get acussed of cheating...so i moved on to a game that would test me more than DF - RvS...working as a team is fun to me...not a kill death ratio and stats...

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 08-07-2003, 02:19 AM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunshot
lol.. it needs to be more like battlefield.. more life like although they use same gfx program

if you want it o be so much more like BF why not just buy BF?
Old 08-07-2003, 11:17 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Because we all love DF, and we can't help it

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Gunshot is offline Gunshot

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
BF&DF

well i do have BF it's just that i play more DF of BF because my squad plays on DF only and BF probley has more cheats and BF lags way to much if you have a bad computer and it is very hard to host a good server On BF but i just want a just a little more Lifelike added on to DF not as much as BF has though just so you can Fly and control vech's.. We'll see how it goes.

*Try Like the Rest & Die like the Rest*
*Kill the Best, Shoot the rest*
Old 08-11-2003, 12:21 AM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Battlefield is extremely laggy... I don't know why. I run DSL and I don't lag at any games but bf42... Don't know what to tell ya

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-11-2003, 11:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Gunshot Send a message via AIM to Gunshot Send a message via Yahoo to Gunshot
same as me except i run Cable and one time it went over 7000kbps.. and when i try to host game it lags..

Old 08-29-2003, 02:33 PM
}DHS{PSYCHO is offline }DHS{PSYCHO

If you guys like battle fiedl so much, go play it, dont try to make other games like it. I am not saying it is a bad game, on the contrary I my self play battelfield and its desert combat mod.

Remember, Delta force is delta force, and battelfield (or desert combat) is battelfield. Delta force is individual covert squads infiltrating enemy teritory to perform a mission !with out help from a full division of people and vechiles!
the word covert brings up thoughts of swift stealthe silient insertions. yes flying black hawks and little birds would be fun, but that alone is still boardering the limit of what is delta force, they get incerted then usualy have to march/hike/or some how get to there objective. there not alwasy and rarely just droped on the roof of the target building.

Now 1 point was made that I liked, dirt bikes, dune buggies,atv's, jet skies, zodiak's, these are the vechiles I want to see. As far as helicopters, when playing multi player all i see the need for is a little bird to carry passengers, not rockets, or mini guns. Maby a black hawk on big maps with a whole lot of ppl.

Remember people Df is not always CQB in cities, combat is usualy held away from many people. so get away from c-130's,f117, f16 abrams tanks, bradley ifv, and any thing else you would find in battel field desert combat.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:29 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

guys guys guys..... bf1942 was fought during world war 2 & DF is more current. Try to draw a line there. Its a different sort of warfare between those 2. U dont see armies comes in waves such as the D-Day normandy landing today. U'll get napalm ****less. hehehehe...

if u like the large scale battles then BF1942 is the answer.... whereas DFBHD is more space limited...where terrain & teamwork plays a main role here. Not to say BF doesn't need teamwork though. I think u get what i mean here. But honestly, most of the time I played DF online, everybody seems to be a "RAMBO". 1 out 7 times will i meet a team operated gameplay nowadays. Stick the RAMBO gameplay in DM & TDM matches for god's sakes. I hate it went there's no teamwork in A&D CTF TKOTH maps. Those are my favourite kinda map.

When it comes to realism... i would say the ghost recon series or any other Tom Clancy's series. When I said realism... I'm talking about the amount of "brain" power on completing a mission. Of coz u dont jump around like a jack-ass to avoid bullets in BF or DF. But when it comes to fun BF1942 has my vote, though laggy sometimes. For realism I'd go for ghost recon. And to strike a balance between those 2 i would go for DFBHD. And DFBHD is still my favourite game tough.

Hey... I used to play Operation Flashpoint before this. I love the "COLD-WAR" missions. If only they have the same engine as DFBHD or Wolfenstein's.

Whatabout vietnam war? u guys played "viet-cong" yet? I'm looking forward for "VIETNAM: Men of Valour", coming from the magnificent team that bought us Medal of Honour.

God.... I could go on & on.... hehehhe better stop yapping now
Old 09-24-2003, 02:42 PM

Smile DF-Stinks

I am just tired of all DeltaForces ****** because the server is down alot so many glitches and bugs.. Not even funny.. They need to make a huge hard update to maek the game better.. The Server management system stinks and they don't even spend alot of time to make their games that's how they always end up like crap they made the game so bad. my friend was a beta tester for it.. the game is just so dull.. i mean it's ok but all withthe bugs and **** it sucks

Old 10-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Julio is offline Julio

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunshot
F14's are the best.. my dad used to work on them and fix them he said that if you were flying over newyork or california or one of major cities ANY WHERE around the world and if you flip a switch while going over a city it will knock all electrity out through the whole city.. although the F-14's are old they are still very nice and can be better than the newer models.
So that's what caused the recent blackout in the North East, eh? Probably some trigger-happy F-14 jock trying to impress his back-seater, "Cool Dude! Watch what happens when I push this button!" Oh yeah.

Julio

BTW, F-14 has no such thing. Urban legend. They do have a variety of weps that can take out power plants and substations, including bombs.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:50 AM
-1PARA-

^ Joe allready said that...

My photography website

Old 10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by score
Battlefield is extremely laggy... I don't know why. I run DSL and I don't lag at any games but bf42... Don't know what to tell ya
I have DSL and play bf, my normal ping is around 5 - 10 against bhds 400 - 900 on a good - avarage server

I dont experiense any lag when playing on good bf server with 64 other players... Might be your line or your choice of servers, there are between 2000 - 5000 servers to play on...

My photography website