Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:27 AM
kylos is offline kylos

BHD

i need hwlp talking to people whilst playing BHD, i have a mic and headset and have down loaded teamtalk and roger wilco and i kno teamtalk is the best and i was wondering if any1 knew how to get it up and running ???

Please post any suggestions etc.

THANKS
Old 07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
It (RW) only works good for playing online if you know the channel your team is talking on. So get some friends to download it, then put up a channel and have them join.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Koty is offline Koty

Never had any luck with teamspeak, Roger Wilco is the way to go
Old 07-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
i have to say that i tried RW some time ago, and i was quite disappointed... the sound quality is about equal to those age-old radios our military uses... too garbled for my taste, you need a lot of fantasy to understand anything

then again, maybe i'm just a bad case

d/led teamspeak yesterday but haven't gotten around to trying it...
Old 07-03-2003, 12:27 AM
XenoMorpH is offline XenoMorpH

RW is best communication programme around. Programmes like battlecom or teamspeak have much lag during games. Battlecom has weird sound. RW is mostly used. Sound quality depends on ur connection and settings.

[AMD Phenom 9850][2Gig 1066MHz DDR2 @1100MHz][ATI Radeon 4870X2][19" IIYAMA Prolite E480S Flatpanel]
Old 07-03-2003, 06:55 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

If the host has a decent conn or you use a dedicated server then TS is far superior to RW.

If you don't have a good conn & are playing as well as hosting then RW may be more suitable
Old 07-08-2003, 05:45 AM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Send a message via AIM to RHA600
I have been looking to DL one of these...I'll probably go with RW, but I was wondering about being behind a router...did you guys have to set up static IPs for your networks or do you still use DHCP?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:26 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Static is best. If you use Dhcp you have to give everyone the current Ip to the host. If you are shareing the connection on home network you need the Ip of the connection at modem. You may also have to forward the port to the hosting computer in your router setup. (only the server needs to do this). There is a new feature in RW that allows you to use ICQ to upload the Ip into RW Which is great so you don't have to check your modems Ip. They just see my Icq number and a couple of clicks and they're connected. It works well for me
Old 09-09-2003, 08:53 PM
AoD_Joker is offline AoD_Joker

Tried Vent?

I highly recommend you guys try Ventrilo. If you think TS is something, then I'm sure you'll like Vent. It's what our team uses. We used RW for the longest(quality is just horrible), then we tried TS(quality improved greatly). But once we found Vent, we'll never go back to one of the others again.

Download it via our site and jump on our Dedicated server sometime (via homepage).