Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Ghost129er is offline Ghost129er
NovaHQ Nuisance

Delta Force 2 - dgVoodoo & Hardware fixes

Hi all,

Having to type this up again since it logged me out and I lost the whole 1000 word essay I had written for everyone (ouch).

Long story short, I had managed to somehow, by some black magic reason and way, gotten dgVoodoo and hw_d3d.dll to properly run Delta Force 2 at 1024*768 flawlessly. Yep, no glitches, no warping (maybe some pixels peeking out here and there but absolutely low, perhaps, 99% perfect.

I had quit DF2 and went off for a few hours, played a few other games and when I went to DF2, disaster. I started getting this weird 'limited' view distance sort of a glitch where if I looked directly at something, it'd disappear. Only the ground would render, or my weapons and what not.

The funny thing is, when I look away however, my objects appear and display absolutely perfectly at the corner of my eye. Odd...

I've tried and I kid you not, at least 20 re-installations and still no avail sadly...

I've got 20 screenshots to post here but will post them upon further interaction as I hope to not spam and flood this forum with images unnecessarily but perhaps it would show what I mean. I'll attach 2 screenshots of the weird Line of view glitch that's taking place but as said previously, will upload all later.

So much for telling the old man "Oiy, guess what I got running flawlessly without any glitches?" I might have brought this upon myself and spoken too soon....

Any help whatsoever much appreciated, other than reinstall comments...

Note that the ORIGINAL hw_d3d.dll from the vanilla (stock) install without updates works perfectly, as in, I can see things, but through the ground and stuff, without the weird view distance limitation. The updated hw_d3d.dll from the wiki here worked perfectly for 2 games and relaunches but then just went to hell. Even re-downloading it and deleting it didn't help much...

Screenies:

If I look directly at things, they disappear.

However... If I look away....

At the corner of my eyes, everything renders perfectly.

Cheers,
Ghost