Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Hendrix's home saved

"Hendrix home saved for the future

The childhood home of Jimi Hendrix has been saved from demolition after a new location was agreed at the last minute.

The house in Seattle will be moved to a site opposite the cemetery where the late singer was buried in 1970s.

The dilapidated house had already been moved to a temporary site and a four-year court battle with authorities began to save it.

James Marshall Hendrix Foundation and the City of Seattle plan to renovate the building into a community centre.

Struggle

The foundation, which was set up by Hendrix's younger brother Leon, plans to reconstruct the house on a three-acre site they bought for £980,000 ($1.8m).

Plans for the property include a facility that will offer music lessons, practice rooms and a library of musical instruments.

The struggle between the foundation and Seattle authorities began in 2001 when the house was moved a few blocks from its original address and was only given a temporary permit.

It was threatened with demolition unless a new address was found.

Hendrix died aged 27 in September 1970. "
Source (BBC.co.uk)
heh, sorta amusing
-Tecceh2
Old 09-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I really don't care. I never liked him much. His music is too sloppy. If not for the drug induced flower power of the Hippie generation, he would have never made it anywhere. It wasn't until he went to the UK where Rock and Roll was struggling and needed some kind of shape, they made him into a God like figure. He was insane and booted out of the Military for being in love with a fellow squad member. I hate it that young musicians feel they have to respect him and look at him as some kind of guitar God which he is not. He was and always be overrated, hyped up and more popular now that he is dead.

Seriously, for all you Guitarists out there, check out Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton. Hell I think Kenny Wayne Shepard and Jonny Lang are better than Hendrix ever was. Check them out to.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••

Last edited by Trojan; 09-13-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

You gotta be kidding me! Jimmy Rocks! ...well i'm standing next to the mountain...(headbangs off this thread playing air-Jimmy)...he was a drug addict..but so was Joplin, Presley, Morrison.. and few others that make rock history..I salute them for thier music and lessons lived...
<:{{{}}}><

Hey Troj....where are you going with that gun in your hand?

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
To the red house over yonder!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Yay, he is the best blues rockist ever, best gutiarist ever, and the best stoner ever
Purple haze 4 life
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Jimi Hendrix i grown up listing to that music of his use to give me a headaches. maybe he was good but i was more happy when i stop hearing on the radio station in San Jose Calif. man i try to understand his words but more i listen to it more i got sick. sorry not a fan i don't hate his music its not my taste

don't think his music i would call blues music, it more like acids rock trash.

most of the people in Calif who like his style of music were on Acids trip. be sides jimi was doing drug at the time too.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-13-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

did you know he did two tours of duty in viet nam? i never heard of him being in love with a squad member.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Good news that a piece of rock history is being preserved after all music is in the soul of all of us!!!!

Warm Regards and Keep On Rocking All
Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

i suppose everyone has their own views on it ... but as a young advance level guitarest, hendrix has been a great influence on my progress, but not the biggest. As you surgested SRV troj, hell what an awesome blue's guitarest eh? Buddy guy? Well, he's getting to an age, but he's gotten far. Clapton? My dad loves him, I just learn some of his licks just for my dad But theres new age guitarests now such as zakk wyld, charlotte hatherly. But theres the usal rock classics such as yngwie malsteen, angus young, jimmy page, slash. Heh, a big long list
-Tecceh2
Old 09-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tecoma2
i suppose everyone has their own views on it ... but as a young advance level guitarest, hendrix has been a great influence on my progress, but not the biggest. As you surgested SRV troj, hell what an awesome blue's guitarest eh? Buddy guy? Well, he's getting to an age, but he's gotten far. Clapton? My dad loves him, I just learn some of his licks just for my dad But theres new age guitarests now such as zakk wyld, charlotte hatherly. But theres the usal rock classics such as yngwie malsteen, angus young, jimmy page, slash. Heh, a big long list
-Tecceh2
check out Adrian Legg! most precise accoustic guitarist in my opinion....http://www.adrianlegg.com/mp3/UncleAdrian.mp3
as well as his ever changing styles.. http://www.adrianlegg.com/mp3/OldFriends.mp3

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Never heard of him
Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Quote:
Originally posted by KU43
did you know he did two tours of duty in viet nam? i never heard of him being in love with a squad member.
It was on FOX News Primetime! You haven't heard because his records were just released and nobody can believe it.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

it shouldnt change anything really ... if he was gay, he still was an awesome guitarest. Being homosexual shouldnt change a thing
-Tecceh2
Old 09-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Hendrix Used Gay Claim to Duck 'Nam

SEATTLE — Jimi Hendrix (search) might have stayed in the Army. He might have been sent to Vietnam (search). Instead, he pretended he was gay. And with that, he was discharged from the 101st Airborne (search) in 1962, launching a musical career that would redefine the guitar, leave other rock heroes of the day speechless and culminate with his headlining performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Woodstock in 1969.

Hendrix's subterfuge, contained in his military medical records, is revealed for the first time in Charles R. Cross' new biography, "Room Full of Mirrors." Publicly, Hendrix always claimed he was discharged after breaking his ankle on a parachute jump, but his medical records do not mention such an injury.

In regular visits to the base psychiatrist at Fort Campbell, Ky., in spring 1962, Hendrix complained that he was in love with one of his squad mates and that he had become addicted to masturbating, Cross writes. Finally, Capt. John Halbert recommended him for discharge, citing his "homosexual tendencies."

Hendrix's legendary appetite for women negates the notion that he might have been gay, Cross writes. Nor, Cross says, was his stunt politically motivated: Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who exhibited little unease about the escalating U.S. role in Vietnam.

He just wanted to escape the Army to play music — he had enlisted to avoid jail time after being repeatedly arrested in stolen cars in Seattle, his hometown.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

i think if he must of been so dedicated to his music, he didnt do the honest thing to do, but he stuck to what he loved ... not men.
-Tecceh2
Old 09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

He loved to get messed up man. Get insanely drugged up and died in his own puke! He played guitar for a source of income to finance his own stupid death. Have you ever watched Woodstock? Those people sucked at that concert. I've never heard the Star Bangled Banner ripped apart and degraded like that before. It was horrible. I can't believe people got so messed up to think that stuff was good. I just laugh at them.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Trojan
seem some sites have it for download MP3 files that Star Bangled Banner done by Jimmi H

gtg be back in 3-4hrs
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Now we know who eltin or elton John's favorite singer was.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

yeah it sucks loads, cocain is prettey **** stuff, look at some of the rock stars that are messed from it. Steve (Guns n roses orignal drummer) overdoesed to many times with heroin, he can barely talk, bless him. I guess you try it, and if your a hippy you'll be like "This is good s***", and just get to addicted to it. Poor kurt cobain (My biggest hero), he was just so addicted, but each time he overdosed his wife courntey saved his life almost on every occasion. I guess i will never do drugs for those reasons
-Tecceh2
Old 09-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
Have you ever watched Woodstock? Those people sucked at that concert. I've never heard the Star Bangled Banner ripped apart and degraded like that before. It was horrible. I can't believe people got so messed up to think that stuff was good. I just laugh at them.
You missed Rosanne Barr singing the Banner...I guess....that beeotch needs to smoke something ...besides bacon...
...castles made of sand ...slip into the sea..eventually...