Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:04 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Angry I am Done

Fired up the computer and though I would play some DFLW. Woops this 7 year old game needs an update. After 3 times trying to update for some security up date for some game from the stone age ( you know how hard these game ripoffs try to get a 7 year old game with out paying)I gave up and went to BHD. So I sign in type my password but again I need an up date. After my computer, that just a week ago I re-formatted and has had no problem and is running as good as new froze for a third time, not letting me update but letting me sign in each time I realized I don't need this crap. Not from a company that is so far behind the times all it has to do is set around thinking of ways to protect over the hill games and putting the screws to their most faithful coustomers.

DF in it's time was a great game and I still once in a while like playing. First the update a few months ago that had you sign in. Now who knows what they have planned. What ever this update they have put on these 2 games YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD AT LEAST GET AN UPDATE RIGHT, or test it and see if they worked. Does the no-cd patch piss them off so much they spend every working hour finding ways of defeating it and don't have time to develope anything new? It is the 'spending a dollar to save a dime' mentality that has left them in the dust of other game manufactures.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:49 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Just 4 the hell of it I tried my old dusty 8 year old HP with ME on it. That updated fine but you can't use the patch. I WAS RIGHT. Nova is to worried about someone hacking a 7 year old game than developing a new one. The patch was nice, not having to find the disk and put it in the CD-drive but what's a little BS to let old NovaWorld hold on to their dream a few months longer. Plus I downloaded some pretty good demos, even the old Red Fraction demo. Playing it shows just how far behind Nova is.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you updated the game and did you updated the server Url-address that was release in 2007?

they move all their servers to a new location so all the url address has been change over, i still can play it online.

basic older game like DF: 1/2/Lw there are two basic updates the game itself and url-address update

to lazy right now to post a link to the newer update for the game servers address you can find it in novalogic.com update area some were
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
You can't seriously blame Nova for your faults you're having. How come 1000 other people have all successfully updated and played their LW in the past?

And what do you mean by "not letting you update"? Have you even described what issue you're having when you try to update?

http://www.novalogic.com/updatedetai...6&GameKey=DFLW

http://www.novalogic.com/download/nlexepatcher.html

And if ya really thought about it carefully you'd know why NovaLogic forces a login on their games, or why Nova decided to move servers.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
nlexepatcher.zip this is the last update they came's outwith back in 2007, cover all the older games like DF: 1/2/Lw and some others older games (NL URL-address Update)

basic now days for older game to play online thats like before DF:TFD that is
1.) general game update
2.) game url address Server update listing "nlexepatcher.zip" patch other wise you can't connect with others online.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nlexepatcher.zip (132.1 KB, 21 views)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-10-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Tags
stone age, uupdate on oldnews