Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

RollEyes I.Q. Tests

Is it me or is all these I.Q. tests that ya see focus more on the ammount that ya know bout a certain thing rather than how well ya can do or think?

had a lot of questions, like witch is the odd 1 out?
no explanation on the odd 1 out, figure it is like the 1 that is least like the others.
and what shape is the largest and i mesured them and they was both the same size, lol.

and 1 question asked, witch city is the fartherest away from this city, and inorder to get this1 right ya would have had to memorize the entire globe.

and some of these questions had no right answer but it didnt have a box that said nither is the correct to check.
and some just made no sence at all.

id like to see how well these phd nutjobs would do on their own tests.

i have met some of these phd people infact i have corected them and have seen them be corected on more than 1 ocasion.

our princaple in high school had a Phd and was teaching the class for 1 of the teachers was sick and he asked a question in science, and then he tried to give the answer and i corected him after he gave his answer.

i had to write a report on the proper way to act in class.

sry fer the rant but i just cant stand these people who think that they are smarter than every1 else just because they have some Phd (Post Hole Diggers) whos says that they finished their education.

wise man never finishes his education.

and most of the Phd people are not that smart, infact most of them can only do 1 thing and they do it well but if ya ask them to do something else the have to consult the books and try all these fancy ways of doing something.

and ya cant correct them for they have a Phd and if ya dont have 1 then ya are a no1 and arnt worth listening to.

sorry to all the Phd people who i may have offended with this
Old 03-30-2006, 04:44 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

No PhD here, 1st year undergrad International Studies student, although not all PhD recipients are like that

Assuming you took a standard iq test then theres reasons for everything...

The which is the furthest city question id guess is designed to test either spacial perception or the ability to remember and regurgutate general knowledge (although id say spacial perception), also bearing in mind the questions are meant to test you, so you may have found that one hard but only the questions is designed that only the top 3 percentile on average can answer it...

No right answer is a legit answer in some tests, i have literally had a question in an IQ test that said

What is 30+20
a)10
b)29
c)30
d)45

no checkbox, they wanted me to object...

The odd one out gets alot of people, there often depending on the test no right answer, not to say some arent more preferable than others...

Eg. Pick the odd one out Tennisball, Basketball, Bowling Ball, Cannonball, not to hard to make a case for either to be the odd one out, but the argument you make for one will demonstrate something different than making one for the other, their not looking for the right answer, there looking at what you percieve to be the right answer and how you came to that conclusion...

Main thing to realise is that they are designed to challenge you, if you are a 21 year old male then the test they use will range from someone with a very very low iq up to something that would test the "smartest" 21 year old...
Old 03-30-2006, 11:08 AM
milk is offline milk

Send a message via AIM to milk
the iq tests iv taken were ez mostly stupid things but i learned my iq was 120

you only get out by not going in
http://judgemikdredd.deviantart.com/
Old 03-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Scattergun is offline Scattergun

a real Iq test takes bout 3-4 hours and is usualy Hundreds of Problems ranging form K-12 Grade stuff to like Advanced Math and stuff.

[Comp-1][Intel C2 2.6Ghz @ 2.9Ghz 10% Overclock][2 Gig DDR2 800][x1900 XTX 512mbCrossfire Edition][20 in LCD 8ms]

Old 03-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

all this 1 had on it was 54 questions, got 127, i guess thats good.
i just didnt like the crappy questions that had no real answer and that made no sence.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Rowdy_Boy is offline Rowdy_Boy

Acoording to that im a regular albert einstein.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
some of these IQ tests are there to make you feel good about yourself

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-16-2006, 05:45 PM
milk is offline milk

Send a message via AIM to milk
yah, but some are fairly accurate, cuz i took one when i was a kid and i got about 120 and i took one on line and got about 120 also, so ya just haveto go to the right places

you only get out by not going in
http://judgemikdredd.deviantart.com/