Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 10-04-2002, 09:06 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

How to use Windows Update

Once you get to Windows Update page, depending on which ever Windows you have, just look around for a PRODUCT UPDATES link. Once you find it, click on it. If you're doing the update for the 1st time a prompt box will appear, asking you to download some stuff from Microsoft Corporation, hit YES . Then it will take you to the actual place where all the stuff is stored. There will be sections comprising of the following topics:

1. Critical Updates and Service Packs
2. Picks of the Month
3. Recommended Updates
4. Additional Windows Features
5. Device Drivers

Items on # 1 category are a must download. On the upper rigth corner there will be a big blue button titled, DOWNLOAD click on it. It will take you to another page and hit the DOWNLOAD once again. Once the download is complete a Prompt will appears saying you need restart the computer. Just hit YES. Your PC will reboot and stuff you downloaded will be installed. Only items in Critical Updates and Service Packs are checked by default, in order to install updates from other categories you have to click manually. Most programs can be downloaded in combination with others. But some program require separate download and installation. Similar is true of all other categories. I'd stay away from INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE SUPPORT.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Ian M is offline Ian M

Thanx for the tip DD.
erm.
I didnt know this was MS-HQ.net
Old 10-05-2002, 12:46 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

LOL! Different people have different needs Mr Stalker!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 08-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
if you have MS-Office the Windows auto-update will update it all so now.

ether the site or your auto-update will download the new update for you now.

windows update site has a new face left and they check all people who go there to see if they are using the real thing or its a pirated software, they check the product ID if it matches their records you be ok, if it matches a long list of pirated software then you can no longer use thier site at all. the auto-update will still work but limited only.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Gotta Upgrade

Gotta Upgrade

Well once you have the net you have to check for updates or your computer will screw out-of-date.
Chief is one of my favourite Tech Guys and really the same as Panther but sure they know heaps. I mean like they are like full of knowledge and wisdom.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --Warm regards
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black