Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
big issue need everyones support

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/711/711331p1.html

read and do what u can depending on your choice.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 06-06-2006, 11:02 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
for the ones who don't fully understand what 'net nutrality' is, watch this video. it explains in depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jHO...ernet%2Ecom%2F
Old 06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Sounds like same deal as who pays most buck for prime time advertising. No?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

i sent a nice letter to my congressmen

letter-

Hello for whom it may concern,

Im a Internet gamer, who is very shocked at this issue that is goin on. "Network Nutrality", the idea that everything running though your wires is at a same pace, and there is no "special treatment" for any content, program or such.

If network nutrality was destroyed, you may have to pay more for the internet. This is a quote from a AT&T CEO "The internet can't be free". So, beside paying more for high speed internet, You could also have to pay extra for special internet, such as one putting gaming servers at a high priority, making a lag-free gaming experience possible. This might sound nice, but if you were a internet company executive, whould you charge more for special internet? They already do for more bandwith and faster upload/download speeds, so whats going to stop them from hiking up internet prices for gamers? Most likely not.

Last edited by Lucky; 06-07-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i been thinking of droping the all internet thing totally, wht we get from it, good game time some what? viruses, adware all free crap?

i mean i shop online for some thing but gee, if they do this i leave totally. my life is not hanging on the internet. i don't need more bull to it at all. freaks only trying to bull more bull on us all. internet can die altogether.

i like the free internet as it is, but if they make any changes to it were it cost me or other more money they can suck a egg big time. sell all stocks totally get what i can from it and leave.

there so much more bull they doing in Washton Dc now days to make us pay more and lose more income and jobs, getting tire of all the white lies they saying up there.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]