Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
We just want a car that can pick up kinda quick and get good gass mileage...that is why I love the Mazda Protege speed.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:43 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
I heard that hydrogen is supposed to provide pretty good horse power. Depends on how you use it.

I doubt solar powered cars have much of a future but if they could design them into the car and make the car look nice it would at least on a hybrid.

Think about how much most cars sit in the sun all day. Sucks for people in a parking garage though.
And for countries thats above/partly above the polar circle

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 03:47 PM
"ath-hole"

You guys don't deserve them, you can keep on with the gas bit!

Honestly...I am sure there is a better solution some guy is going to come up with and make millions or billions.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:10 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Bullet
But that's the thing. When do you actually use those 300 horses? At getting off the line. When you're cruising, you're using a fraction of that. Certain alternatives (which I cannot discuss ) would allow you to accelerate just as fast as if you had that 300 horse car, yet use a small amount of gas on acceleration and cruise. Now, of course, it won't be the same thing, but those of us who choose to have the bigger, more fuel consuming vehicles will pay the price for it. But really, the majority of people really don't accelerate that fast, nor do they use anywhere near the kind of horsepower their vehicles have.

EDIT: Spelling
Exacly, most people don't use it nore need it, do they still get those cars? Even if they have to pay alot of extras? Yes!

Well its not just "If i buy a big car i do pay the price", kind of arguments as theres the aspact of environment. Although the biggest problem isn't burning the fuel in the car, its actually the prosess of refining the gas (petrol) from the oil and the use of oil, coal, and other fossil fuels for heating of houses and generating electricity.

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Very true. I have a feeling people will be more fuel conscious as prices go up, somewhat akin to the 70's. When these high prices really start to take a toll on people, they'll start wanting an alternative. More people will carpool, do more shopping in one trip, and generally cut back on driving.

Myself, I've been thinking about a motorcycle, but I see a Kia in my immediate future. I've already quit driving my truck as much as possible (10 or so mpg), and I try to limit my driving.

But honestly, just like everything else, if we're to change how things are done, it'll need to be a group thing. If everyone makes it clear they want better fuel economy, auto makers will listen and answer accordingly. As such, I don't see any major changes coming for at least 5 years...
Old 04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
"ath-hole"

Ok well gas in California...$3.00 a gallon...think about it. Even if you have a small 20 gallon tank that maybe takes two weeks to go empty. That is still a disgusting 60 bucks to fill up. Not to mention you have to do it twice a month...so it ends up being more like $120. What a freaking abomination.

If anyone claims that the price rise is due to higher costs, is very uninformed. It is because of those stupid greedy businessment and the polititions they have in their pockets.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Ok well gas in California...$3.00 a gallon...think about it. Even if you have a small 20 gallon tank that maybe takes two weeks to go empty. That is still a disgusting 60 bucks to fill up. Not to mention you have to do it twice a month...so it ends up being more like $120. What a freaking abomination.

If anyone claims that the price rise is due to higher costs, is very uninformed. It is because of those stupid greedy businessment and the polititions they have in their pockets.
come on you in Californa your tax rates are sky higher then the rest of USA, i know i use to live there.

===========================================
Year is 2015 gas prices are at a all time low: 82% at USD-9.95c, 97% USD-11.57c, Fed pass a new tax law air clean act, that adding another 30% tax on top of a already taxed gas prices source San Jose calif 95111 maroon world newss' paper.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-14-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Don't forget OPEC and state taxes...state tax accounts for around 20 cents per gallon.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:38 PM
"ath-hole"

I think OPEC are a buncha morons. They claim that it is due to the war in Iraq that oil prices have jumped and we all know that is bull crap.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Very true. I have a feeling people will be more fuel conscious as prices go up, somewhat akin to the 70's. When these high prices really start to take a toll on people, they'll start wanting an alternative. More people will carpool, do more shopping in one trip, and generally cut back on driving.

Myself, I've been thinking about a motorcycle, but I see a Kia in my immediate future. I've already quit driving my truck as much as possible (10 or so mpg), and I try to limit my driving.

But honestly, just like everything else, if we're to change how things are done, it'll need to be a group thing. If everyone makes it clear they want better fuel economy, auto makers will listen and answer accordingly. As such, I don't see any major changes coming for at least 5 years...
We can only hope, I my self either use a bike or public transportation, well yeah if those driverlicenses warn't so damn expencive i would probebly drive a car, or well maybe not, public transportation is still cheaper

Hmm the word "truck" gets me all confused heh, my brain automaticly thinks of a 18 wheeler when that word comes to mind.

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 05:20 PM

Sorry, pickup truck.

That's kinda what my sweetheart looks like, except mine is a red chevy, older than that, and not slammed
Old 04-14-2005, 05:22 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
I think OPEC are a buncha morons. They claim that it is due to the war in Iraq that oil prices have jumped and we all know that is bull crap.
And you seriously dont think so? Do you know how the price is infuensed when it comes to world situations? . Same with the dollar ($), reacts in the same way, but less violently.

Do you honestly think that a terror worn country (as it is now) don't effect the price of gas? Do you know how much gas you could ship from this country if it wern't for the threatfull situation? Workers in that country will ask for more money to carry out the same tasks as before, why? Well they are afraid of their life, who wouldn't want more in sallery each month? This increase in sallery effects the pice of oil as its the price of oil that pays their sallerys, atleast indirectly

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Ahaha. Got a Caddy grill to?

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
"ath-hole"

I'd get a vespa for my work transportation if it didn't snow here.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Sorry, pickup truck.

That's kinda what my sweetheart looks like, except mine is a red chevy, older than that, and not slammed
Nice car, wouldn't look like that after a tripp over our speed bumps though

I also know what you ment, its just kind of what truck for me always been

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 05:27 PM

Ooo, do tell, what are your speed bumps like? Our speed bumps here are for wusses...the only thing they'll stop are low vehicles.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:28 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
I'd get a vespa for my work transportation if it didn't snow here.
Yes we have that problem here too, a snow scoter would do wonders, just put wheels on it in the summer and repace those tracks once in a while. Ghost Rider (probebly dont know who that is) did that once, damn that thing had a wickid acc Works great on open lakes aswell, dont need to get a boat, just ram that baby up and hit out in the water

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
"ath-hole"

Ours suck (the speed bumps)

I would need to find some way to sup the vespa up. The fastest they can go is 40mph I want em to go 60
Old 04-14-2005, 05:33 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Ooo, do tell, what are your speed bumps like? Our speed bumps here are for wusses...the only thing they'll stop are low vehicles.
Well lets say that busses and trucks had a problem with them. Now most busses now have pneumatics to raise the whole buss up to get over those bumps (or they will get stranded as the bumps scrapes the undercarage when the front wheels are past the bump but not the rear wheels.

Everyone actually to breake down to a crawling pase to get over them. But normal cars (say a V70) wont have a problem if that person takes it easy.

Speed, replace several things on the car

My photography website

Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Ours suck (the speed bumps)

I would need to find some way to sup the vespa up. The fastest they can go is 40mph I want em to go 60
Hehe I think theres a reason. Kinda like taking a moped up to 110 kph/h (some of my former friends did this, the police wasn't too happy about it heh)

My photography website