Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
If you read the federalist papers and various letters and publications from the men who wrote the constitution, they mean that everyone should be able to own guns, and some go so far as to suggest that it be required that everyone own a gun.

The rest of the world doesn't understand the American culture, thus their problem with our wanting them. As a matter of fact, many northerners and especially New England don't understand this as well. This country isn't very old, and we're still under the influence of old habits. If you've ever seen a western, they're not kidding when there's bad guys stealing everything and most of the areas being lawless. The only way anyone was able to keep their property safe was fighting fire with fire. We still to this day have a huge problem with lawlessness. A little over 10 years ago my Dad was flying out of Oklahoma to Europe. It was a night flight. As he's parking, he gets out and leans over to tie his shoe. He saw in the wheel someone coming up behind him with a club; he grabbed his pistol he kept under the seat, turned around, and the guy backed off.

Back in 89 or 90, my grandpa was at home and the doorbell rang. He was dying, so he wasn't able to get to the door very fast. There was no one there. He then hears something in the bedroom- it's breaking glass. He pulls out his gun and is ready, and walking into the living room where he's waiting is a robber. The robber immediately left.

Had my dad and grandpa not had guns, my dad would have either had serious brain damage, lost the car, and may have died. I have no doubt my grandfather would have been seriously harmed, possibly fatally. This sort of thing happens every day. If guns are taken away, only the criminals and police will have them. Personally, I can't wait the 10 minutes for the cops to get here if there's someone mugging me, breaking into my home, or threatening me.

EDIT: And even though they could have both shot, they didn't. They are both responsible and were ready, but knew they didn't need to shoot.

If I was in a spelling bee, I'd kick everyone's arse. I've been reading since I was 3...that has something to do with it
Old 03-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

I know the actual intention of the 2nd amendment, it was just a convienient example to illustrate the point, although i am in favour of gun control, but not in total bans.

Ive always meant to read the federalist papers but have never found the time, that and finding copies in Aus isnt exactly easy. lol
Old 03-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i hear a judge will step in satday and see if he can put a stop to this, he will give his ruling some time Satday was on CNN Headline news
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Mike, you can get it cheap at Amazon.com. I believe this is the one I have. Used and new for $.99 (USD) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Dr, B is still alive!!!

I have not ever thought about reading those papers.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Yeah, sorry...I was in the ER yesterday. I begged and threatened for a computer with internet, but the only answer I got was nubain, which effectively concked me out for a long time
Old 03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
"ath-hole"

lol that stopped you from comming to NHQ...that is sad.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
poor girl is dead now they planing on looking into the body to see how much damage was really done (to the head) and to show there was no foul play in her death at the hosp ether. think the husband ask for it to be done to show how badly she was to the world.

some are trying to say he's trying to hind the real reason for death.

i for one like to know how really badly she was and when we get the report release to the public think people will so what it was all about.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-29-2005, 12:32 PM
"ath-hole"

I am suprised her parents would be that selfish to keep her here. Guess it depends on your religious beliefs.